#1 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

Officially Sponsored by China Ball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:58 AM

FUCK THIS GENRE OF "MUSIC".

It is all cardboard noise. There is no structure, the drums are always drumming at a high tempo except during the br00t4l breakdowns; the bass plays the same notes, usually open notes; the guitars require no skill AT ALL, as most of the song is open notes and palm mutes and 3 different power chords; the guy on the keyboards should be a DJ at the local shit club; and the singer is barely understandable except during the chorus, where he throws 5 layers of autotune on.

Don't know what I'm talking about?

yeah I made myself listen to this type of "music" before I could judge it. I thought I could like it.

It's terrible.

You could say dubstep is just noise, but with dubstep or EDM, there's song structure. It feels fluid with EDM. Here, everything feels like a different song.

It's just heavy power chords (the same 3) played over and over with a "metal" riff played in between, with the occasional open note. It's repeated NOISE. The screaming is incomprehensible, even if you read the lyrics. With other songs that are not "core" you can hear the lyrics if you read the lyrics. With this, you assume that Satan has taken control of the guy's larynx and he is trying to dispense the devil through his ass.  Terrible.

Don't even get me started on the br00t4l breakdowns. It's literally a techno "riff" (if you can even call it that) with the drums slowed down to a more human tempo, and sustained Major Key chords, making a "Katy Perry" sound. And then it's back to the fucking 3 power chord "melody".

The worst part is that each band that shares the "core genre" has the exact same sound, despite their differences in "Genre" (fuck that, it's not a genre).

Honestly, if I wanted to join a "core 'band'", I could. I have no experience on the guitar but there's only 5 notes you need to know, and only 2 things you need to do. I need to know how to palm mute, and how to do the crab stance.

Oh yeah and the fucking crab stance. It's stupid. Stop it. You look like an idiot.

And the emo hair.

Fuck the noise.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,001 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:01 PM

Any time there are "vocals" like in that video, it's automatically a bad song.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#3 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:03 PM

THANK YOU FOR AGREEING WITH ME

#4 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:15 PM

Most guitarists are over rated, power chords are 99% of every song. 

Oh, also fuck that raspy deep screaming in every song, it ruins some good songs.

#5 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

It's like heavy metal and dubstep had a child but it should have been aborted.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#6 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=YFHD7kuAqu4

^watch video. "tune" instruments to drop A flat. Instant hit.

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#7 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:55 PM

I had a mini-rant about this awhile ago when someone was trying to find " powerful meaning " in a Hollywood Undead song.

All these combined genre bands going back all the way to Limp Bizkit are fucking terrible .  All the music sounds like you have 2 headphones with different types of music playing and an ADD kid is controlling the playlist.They are for kids in Grade 8 who want to feel rebellious but don't want to appear like a "devil-worshiper" in front of their parents.

Semi-relevant: Bands with growling (even non mixed genre ones) piss me off. I don't get why people think someone gurgling is musical (coming from a guy who likes Rammstein and Slayer ).

I was going to write a paragraph about Blood on the Dancefloor but I'm too tired now...

Posted Image

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

I went through a phase where this was all I'd listen to... Those were some dark years...

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:52 PM

I was going to write a paragraph about Blood on the Dancefloor but I'm too tired now...

The good news is you don't have to.

Edited by Carolus Rex, 23 August 2013 - 05:28 AM.

o8qo.jpg

#10 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:52 PM

Bands trying too hard to seem hard.

There is no lyric whose emotional impact is best conveyed by screaming in a deep, raspy, mouth-half-open scream.

Bands of those genre tend to replace passion with energy to where its nothing more than incomprehensible white noise.
If they want to properly convey a struggle with emotions, they should take some tips from bands like Tool and Nine Inch Nails, both of whom can convey complex emotions with a complex mix of actual singing and appropriate music, be it as heavy or soft as necessary.

Edited by Antonious, 22 August 2013 - 03:52 PM.

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#11 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 09:19 PM

Oh Antonious, how I love you for loving those songs...

I actually listen to a lot of death metal, but none of this "core" shit and I hate when people bunch it together, cause they are distinctly different. Death metal, while being really fast and having incomprehensible lyrics, is also very technical in all departments.

I think the more popular, newer "metal" bands have a problem with playing dynamically and in time. Like, I swear those fuckers can't find and play on a tempo. ever.

And fucking stick flips. God I fucking hate stick flips. You look like a fucking douche. That doesn't make you a good player. Makes you look like a clown. Learn how to fucking play drums instead of blast beating for four minutes with a 30 second breakdown of you beating the shit out of your china. Fucking disgrace to musicians...

#12 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:32 PM

Oh Antonious, how I love you for loving those songs...

I actually listen to a lot of death metal, but none of this "core" shit and I hate when people bunch it together, cause they are distinctly different. Death metal, while being really fast and having incomprehensible lyrics, is also very technical in all departments.

I think the more popular, newer "metal" bands have a problem with playing dynamically and in time. Like, I swear those fuckers can't find and play on a tempo. ever.

And fucking stick flips. God I fucking hate stick flips. You look like a fucking douche. That doesn't make you a good player. Makes you look like a clown. Learn how to fucking play drums instead of blast beating for four minutes with a 30 second breakdown of you beating the shit out of your china. Fucking disgrace to musicians...

There is a conscious decision for most time signature changes. I agree with your comment about dynamic tempo, but your use of the words in time require me to point out that time is subjective to the song itself. Look at the intro to yyz, Rush's choice of time signature (4/4 then 5/4 and repeat during the intro) causes the drums to fall on the beat and then off the beat in the following measure. While that is a very dynamic timing, I've also found that a lot of people believe that the band is making mistakes because of that choice. Either way the timing in that intro requires immense concentration and awareness, regardless of how its sounds to a third party. :eye of the beholder:

And by no means am i defending that posted song in the op. I find it grating. I'm just trying to point out how time changes can sound abrasive to someone who has not been exposed to them as extensively as I have. /jazzface

edit: I sounded like a prick

Edited by DamianE, 22 August 2013 - 11:34 PM.

naimadamian.png

#13 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 12:22 AM

Most guitarists are over rated, power chords are 99% of every song. 

power chords are common but i wouldn't say they are used in even half the songs there is a guitar part in. but yes i completely agree Most guitarists are extremely over rated, there is way too much undiscovered talent out there and there is shit like what this post is about filling there spot. 

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#14 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

Sometimes I sit back and wonder why in the heck people create this awefull music.

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#15 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 03:24 PM

I mean, as a BAND they can't find a tempo, as in the same BPM. Time signature doesnt dictate tempo. 

#16 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:07 PM

Haters gonna hate

Just for the record I also listen to this lol

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#17 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:06 PM

Just something to add, I think that songs like the first one linked have potential, but the song is ruined by generic lyrics, auto tune and growling...

+1 Internetz for that video fumbimo.

#18 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 07:09 PM

Just for the record I also listen to this lol

Well, I'd hate to admit it but I like that song a little.  

#19 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:11 PM

August Burns Red is not that bad, they don't suffer from generic 3 chord syndrome and 16th Note style open notes.

#20 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

I see where op is coming from, but in the music's defense, abandon all ships is a pretty poor choice to represent the entire genre. Many bands I listen to have clean and screamed vocals that require ridiculous amounts of talent and crazy intricate guitars. I respect everyone's opinion, but I love this kind of music so that's just my two cents.

Band examples: a day to remember, outline in color, broadway, issues
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#21 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 12:44 AM

Different strokes for different folks. There are A TON of shitty 'genericore' bands who all sound the same, trying to capitalize on the sounds of others. But imo, there are still a great many '-core' bands who do have the musical, technical, and lyrical talent. They just get lost in the crowd of an over saturated genre.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#22 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 03:18 PM

There's always gonna be crappy bands, just gotta search for the good ones.

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#23 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

All these music videos are fucking hilarious. Except Sober of course, because every single Tool music video has to be creepy as fuck. 

Edited by IhasAcellular, 24 August 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Posted Image

#24 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:44 PM

Besides, don't like it? Don't listen to it.

#25 DamianE

DamianE

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:54 PM

I mean, as a BAND they can't find a tempo, as in the same BPM. Time signature doesnt dictate tempo. 

The band in the op seems to be playing as one. I didn't listen to all of it again, but they seemed to stay together well. I find it hard to believe a band (let alone a metal band) will let their music go to a nationwide release with such a huge and obvious error. The op's song doesn't seem to be guilty of that, although i have not listened to all new metal music, so i would find it hilarious if someone posted video a band screwing up like that on a major release. 

As an aside, any producer worth their shit will not let an error like that into the final recording. So taking that in mind, the band in the OP could very well be incapable of playing as one. It's just the producer that is theoretically cleaning up the recording.

naimadamian.png

#26 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,001 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:57 PM

He's saying that the song changes BPM halfway through, not individual members or the time sig. It was written to physically slow down, and not in a "we're just playing the notes further and further apart while keeping the time sig, we are literally changing the BPM of the song."

Edited by andrewthewookie, 24 August 2013 - 09:58 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#27 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:12 PM

Any producer worth their shit doesn't produce this kinda shit lol.. But honestly of course its not gunna be noticeable on a recording, but listen to bands like this live and a lot of the guitars and drums are wayyyyy off from each other. as a percussionist myself, I notice that kinda stuff so easily and it drives me up the god damn wall.

#28 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

And fucking stick flips. God I fucking hate stick flips. You look like a fucking douche. That doesn't make you a good player. Makes you look like a clown.

http://m.youtube.com...h?v=hugfqkUzRvU

You sure?

#29 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:54 AM

^ Knew it was gonna be Luke Holland before clicking the link lol

#30 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:05 AM

God I fucking HATEEEEEEE Luke Holland lol

#31 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,617 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:00 PM

But the Browning though

Posted Image

#32 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Moombacore?

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#33 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:43 PM

There's always gonna be crappy bands, just gotta search for the good ones.

this

#34 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

I guess I'm going to be the one to disagree. Yes I will admit some songs breakdowns are simple 3 chords no big deal. Everyone's not going to agree on music. For example I hate rap and most pop now, because it is all about the same thing. There is no emotion in partying and fucking. If it puts you in a good mood, then great. Listen to that. I listen to screamo/death core/heavy metal because even if sounds stupid to some, it has meaning and can generate one hell of a concert. Some bands may be simple, some may be advanced and complicated. I listen to a day to remember, blessthefall, bring me the horizon, Chelsea grin, Attila, and mostly anything else that follows. It's your opinion, don't criticize others.

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#35 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:30 PM

Also the first song did suck

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#36 AoSpades

AoSpades

I'll poop on your parade with big, stinky, liquidy facts

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:17 AM

As long as I can understand what the vocalist is saying I'll typically listen to it.

But If it has a great beat with some assclown growling and screaming inaudible nonsense, it makes me mad that they would ruin a great beat with sounds any angry lion, tiger, or bear could make.

2012 G6R || 2010 VICTORY || CROME 2 || ROGUE || LEGEND || THRESHOLD || G3

SPLASH ANNO'D CUSTOM PUMP || BLACK AKA'D KARNIVOR PUMP

Step up your game: Go A.P.E.

#37 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

Punk FTW

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=q_FFZYPtPo8

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=_ajgayz0bFs

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#38 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,690 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Your lack of Bad Religion and NOFX frightens me. At least you like punk though. Not many Punk Rock guys out there anymore. 

For the record, I listen to just about anything. Music is a major part of my life. I listen to Metalcore, Classic rock, older country (not so much newer country), folk, rap, hip hop, punk, metal, SKA, reggae, dubstep, etc. The list goes on, It mostly depends on the mood I'm in or what I'm doing. My itoons is insanely mixed.

I even have some Abandon All Ships in there. Don't hate. 

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#39 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 06:20 PM

^^^Real Music

My rules, if anyone in the band is wearing a mask or if they are dressed like a goth girl in middle school i instantly declare the band as shit. Total utter shit.

Edited by bigx, 29 September 2013 - 06:21 PM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#40 Antonious

Antonious

Forever Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,824 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:07 AM

My rules, if anyone in the band is wearing a mask... i instantly declare the band as shit.

Daft-Punk-008.jpg

BST Feedback 21/0/0

#41 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,001 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

My rules, if anyone in the band is wearing a mask or if they are dressed like a goth girl in middle school i instantly declare the band as shit. Total utter shit.

Ahem...

phantom-eric-alws-phantom-of-the-opera-m

Edited by andrewthewookie, 30 September 2013 - 10:15 PM.

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#42 Panda's Revenge

Panda's Revenge

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,494 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:56 PM

My rules, if anyone in the band is wearing a mask... i instantly declare the band as shit.

Daft-Punk-008.jpg

truth

#43 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:57 PM

Those are helmets. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#44 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:30 PM

But the Browning though

Don't care if I'm way behind on the conversation. I'm glad to see my cousins band getting some love. BTW their new cd hypernova is out now.

#45 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:29 AM

Daft-Punk-008.jpg

Glad I wasn't the one that brought that up. I was about to tear bigx a new one.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#46 karolinen

karolinen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

All iam saying blackmetal fore its greatness nothing Beats
http://m.youtube.com...h?v=vyQZ13jobIY

Edited by karolinen, 04 October 2013 - 01:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users