• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 SnakePlayer10

SnakePlayer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

I have a good tank and hopper. Unfortunately, my mini is screws up a lot and my mask fogs like crazy. I already blew so much of my money on the mini so I want to go cheap this time around. Any suggestions?

By the way: I would prefer to get everything new

#2 cmc1367

cmc1367

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

If wanting new and under 325 I would say Extcy and JT Proflex.  That or if you like the Sly Profits they are on sale on ANS right now for 75 which with the Extcy would put you right at 325.  That being said I would look used for the marker and get a new mask, but I understand if having problems with a marker and you want to buy new now.

#3 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:35 PM

If wanting new and under 325 I would say Extcy and JT Proflex.  That or if you like the Sly Profits they are on sale on ANS right now for 75 which with the Extcy would put you right at 325.  That being said I would look used for the marker and get a new mask, but I understand if having problems with a marker and you want to buy new now.

This except proflexes. They have horrible ear protection, and a super hard to change lense. I'm surprised the ASTM approved them.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Get the new Proflexes with the rubber ears if you want Flexes. Otherwise try on a bunch of masks at your local proshop and pick what you like best.

What is wrong with your Mini? Contact Empire customer support and they will get it sorted out.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 22 August 2013 - 04:52 PM.

#5 SnakePlayer10

SnakePlayer10

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

Get the new Proflexes with the rubber ears if you want Flexes. Otherwise try on a bunch of masks at your local proshop and pick what you like best.

What is wrong with your Mini? Contact Empire customer support and they will get it sorted out.

Its leaking. It seems like from the barrel but there are no broken o-rings in the bolt.

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:53 AM

Its leaking. It seems like from the barrel but there are no broken o-rings in the bolt.

Check the poppet o-ring, replace rhe battery, reset the board. What is your pressure gauge reading?

#7 stlpaintballer

stlpaintballer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:12 PM

Empire Events and GoG Extcy

#8 ScottyBeans

ScottyBeans

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:30 PM

Empire EFlex and send your mini into Kee for repair. Buy a classic automag (used) if you need a reliable backup.

Edited by ScottyBeans, 16 September 2013 - 03:31 PM.

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 03:45 PM

If you absolutely have to have new then go for the eXtCy or the Rail plus VForce Profilers. But should definitely see about getting the Mini repaired, then you'd have a good back up as well.

#10 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,153 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:00 PM

This except proflexes. They have horrible ear protection, and a super hard to change lense. I'm surprised the ASTM approved them.

The lens isn't even that hard to change. I do agree that the stock soft ears leave a lot to be desired as far as protection, but they are still capable of doing the job. But, questioning why ASTM approved them is just absurd.

Also, I'd say the quoted recommendation is sound. If you must replace your mini, which you should just learn how to properly maintain it, then I would suggest an eXTCy. If the Proflex isn't your style, try taking a look at a Proto Pro Axis or V-force Profilers.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users