26 replies to this topic

#1 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:22 AM

Apparently LoL has been recognized as an Olympic Sport? I found a couple of sources but I'm still sketchy about it being legit. 

(http://www.p4rgaming...-olympic-sport/)

“It’s just good news after more good news for League of Legends,” said Allen in the GameSpot interview, “With the United States taking League of Legends more seriously, we finally managed to convince the International Olympic Committee to make League of Legends an official Olympic sport. My reasoning was that if rhythmic gymnastics is an Olympic sport, then League of Legends can surely be one too.”

" “I mean, League of Legends requires skills that can apply to many different Olympic sports,” continued Allen, “In fact, that was the crux of my argument to include League of Legends. You might not believe this, but keeping yourself physically strong is very important in pro League of Legends play. Furthermore, teamwork is also tantamount to success which can be seen in Olympic sports like canoeing and synchronized swimming. I could go on and on, but League of Legends requires just as much dedication as those other Olympic sports." 

We spoke with the Jacques Rogge, current president of the International Olympics Committee, as to why they allowed this eSport to make it into the Olympics.

“We needed a way to make the Olympics more accessible for young people,” said Rogge via his translator, “The sad part is, youth these days do not have the interest or capability to take up other Olympic sports. By introducing the League of Legends as a sport, we hope to rejuvenate the Olympics and maybe get some more youth interested in other Olympic sports like weightlifting or handball.” "

If this is true I think that paintball's chances of becoming an Olympic Sport have doubled IMO. I mean if a video game can be recognized a sport for the reasons stated above, along with a sport like wrestling being removed, Paintball seem's like it can easily enter the Olympic's in under a decade. I didn't think that paintball could be recognized as an Olympic sport because of the fact that they are shooting and some countries and people will take it in a different light than the norm but this is just... an unusual turn of event's that changed my mind about it! A lot of people have stated that Paintball is too hard to follow to become a national sport but LoL is just as hard to understand to someone who hasn't played it. Just wanted to share it with the rest of the community.

Again I don't know FOR SURE if this is true but if it is...

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#2 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:25 AM

wow, just wow. how about the states at least recognize paintball as a sport with professional athletes. the only word for this that i can think of, absurd.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#3 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,151 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:27 AM

It didn't. The article you linked is the ONLY piece to actually say this, all the others link back to it. Plus, Rogge doesn't just do interviews with random people from some tiny website.

But all this is beside the point. If you thought that video games would be even remotely considered, I have some bad news for you.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 24 August 2013 - 01:32 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#4 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:42 AM

Thank GOD! If LoL became an Olympic sport I don't know the amount of shit I would flip.

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:19 AM

"must be physically strong"

lol

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 09:08 AM

It didn't. The article you linked is the ONLY piece to actually say this, all the others link back to it. Plus, Rogge doesn't just do interviews with random people from some tiny website.

But all this is beside the point. If you thought that video games would be even remotely considered, I have some bad news for you.

i was strictly referring to the fact that the USA see's e-sports in such a way that they have "professional athletes" worthy of travel visa's when there are actual sports that are not that privileged such as paintball.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,151 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

i was strictly referring to the fact that the USA see's e-sports in such a way that they have "professional athletes" worthy of travel visa's when there are actual sports that are not that privileged such as paintball.

I wasn't responding to you.

#8 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 01:02 PM

I think he was typo'd on "it"

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#9 Steephill

Steephill

Dota 2 > Life itself

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,477 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 02:16 PM

lol @ LoL being the one this rumor is about. They could at least have made it about a decent game.

kinda jk, kinda  :mellow: 

My Feedback +14/-0

`kook 2/1/12 "The gold standard isn't what is most popular. By that logic, Justin Beiber is the gold standard of music."

#10 `kook

`kook

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,921 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 05:21 PM

lol @ LoL being the one this rumor is about. They could at least have made it about a decent game.

kinda jk, kinda  :mellow: 

lol dota fan upset

It's all about the game and how you play it, All about control and if you can take it
All about your debt and if you can pay it, It's all about pain and who's gonna make it

#11 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,151 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

The title of the thread is "When did this happen," to which I responded with "It didn't."

Edited by andrewthewookie, 24 August 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#12 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

:dodgy: So now we have LOL but not Paintball still. Congrats America you have offically climbed into a GIANT pot of dumb. :angry:

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#13 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:37 PM

The title of the thread is "When did this happen," to which I responded with "It didn't."

He could be referring to the entire post and not just the title? 

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,151 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:52 PM

He could be referring to the entire post and not just the title? 

Um... what? I literally just said, the "It didn't" was a direct response to the title. It is quite clear that the rest of my first response is towards the content of the first post itself.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 24 August 2013 - 07:53 PM.

#15 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

why-the-fuck-not-meme.png

3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#16 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,151 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

I responded to the OP, Fumbimo misunderstood and thought I was responding to him. You are taking the misunderstanding even further, including referring to my original post in the thread as if it was written by a completely different person. Unless you are talking about Fumbimo with the "I think he was typo'd" and "he could be referring," which makes even less sense given the context of his posts.

Unless you meant that his "I" should have been "it," however your posts make no indication that this was the word you were talking about (especially since the only "it" in any of those posts was in my post), so even though I had to go through and reread everything and try to figure your own cryptic posts for you, I guess that's what you meant.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 24 August 2013 - 08:39 PM.

#17 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:44 PM

... I'm pretty sure when what I meant by the picture was "i agree"
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#18 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,151 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

I'm pretty sure you picked a terrible picture for that sentiment then.

#19 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:05 PM

Maybe cause you made my head hurt
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#20 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:25 PM

Maybe cause you made my head hurt

Maybe its a brain tumor? 

Posted Image

#21 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:39 PM

Doctor A&MBaller has arrived. hand me the axe. We shall remove this brain tumor.

#22 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:42 PM

I don't think this will work, im pretty sure Jawz's brain is a tumor, nothing more nothing less.

58pk.jpg

#23 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,826 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

It's actually part instant ramen noodles and kraft dinner. It's what gives me that slight edge.
3_zpsxumdj9dm.gif

#24 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:19 AM

So I can finally say I play an Olympic sport!

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#25 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 833 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:35 AM

So I can finally say I play an Olympic sport!

ahh nope, you can't

58pk.jpg

#26 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:04 AM

I don't think this will work, im pretty sure Jawz's brain is a tumor, nothing more nothing less.

Fixed

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#27 Red Infinity

Red Infinity

sugar berzerk

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:40 PM

Fixed

Its the same...

RAWR?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users