61 replies to this topic

#51 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:12 AM

I wasnt implying that you just lazy your way through senior year. I was saying that the other 3 years are important, and that the forrest said not to worry about high school until senior year, which is the least important years in high school. You want to do well in it, of course, but only so they see that you're consistently doing well all throughout high school.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#52 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:49 AM

The bottom line is that all four years are important, and you want to do well in all four years.  In my school, all the students that are seniors play a big watergun game.  Its called assassin, and every student has one person to shoot (blast with water) so everybody also has someone after them.  It spans a whole marking period.  And no shooting is allowed on school grounds, so basically you have to stalk someone at their house to shoot them.  I think even the principle takes senior years as jokes :( 

To be honest it actually kind of annoys me how people have such a good gpa then slack off senior year and it makes them look bad overall.  Well anyways just always focus on school and you will make time for paintball

#53 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:10 PM

Hey, let 'em slack off. It makes us who take/took it seriously look better.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#54 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:21 PM

I'm a senior, and I'm slacking off  B)

#55 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

I'm not slacking off, and I'm a senior. But I'm not over doing myself in the past years. Scholarship for the University of Arizona will probably come up within the next couple months, and, as long as I pass decently, everything is set

#56 Kopi

Kopi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:27 AM

When i played high level hockey,(jra) i didnt even study for any test, exam. Aslong as you pay attention in class you ahould be good. I walked out with 70-80's

#57 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 12:17 PM

When i played high level hockey,(jra) i didnt even study for any test, exam. Aslong as you pay attention in class you ahould be good. I walked out with 70-80's

Ehh that's not good grades in my book. I say 80 is the lowest grade I could get. If I get a 79 or under on anything, there's a big problem there. But he'll, I've even gotten told to do better by my parents when I got a 105%..,

Btw, I never study either unless its a big test such as a midterm or a final. I get like 85-90% mosty
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#58 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 01:44 PM

Ehh that's not good grades in my book. I say 80 is the lowest grade I could get. If I get a 79 or under on anything, there's a big problem there. But he'll, I've even gotten told to do better by my parents when I got a 105%..,
Btw, I never study either unless its a big test such as a midterm or a final. I get like 85-90% mosty

Meh, grades are just letters on a piece of paper that make you feel good, or bad about yourself. It's all about how you look at them

#59 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:23 PM

Well it's more for the college. You get good grades? You get a scholarship. You get good grades? You get accepted at colleges. You get good grades? You can easily get admitted to any college.
Grades may be nothing more than pieces of paper, but if you want to go to college without too many having too outrageous debts by the time you finish, you should get good grades in high school.

#60 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,877 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 03:45 PM

Well it's more for the college. You get good grades? You get a scholarship. You get good grades? You get accepted at colleges. You get good grades? You can easily get admitted to any college.
Grades may be nothing more than pieces of paper, but if you want to go to college without too many having too outrageous debts by the time you finish, you should get good grades in high school.

If you go to college, chances are you are going to have a ton of debt regardless of how many scholarships you get.

#61 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:13 PM

Not as much as you would with bad grades

#62 asthmaticrhino

asthmaticrhino

Skyrockets in flight! Beeewwww

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

Here's how I do it:

Monday-Friday. School shit. Paintball does not matter. Maybe during west coast open I bring my laptop to stream during free period.

Friday night: Weekend Homework done, maybe go out with friends or to a football game. If it's not done, no paintball

Saturday: More hw/chill day. Today is a chill day and I have some physics shit I have to do

Sunday: Paintball Wake up at 8, make sure all gear is packed, head out and mow faces.

After paintball: Clean all gear, put away, stuff my face and go to sleep.

It's really not that hard. Since paintball is a weekend activity for me, it doesn't interfere with school to much unless I have a project or something, in which case oh well.

Protip. Buy a shovel. Dig and Pile REPEAT until desired effect is achieved. Builds upper body and character. Bitches love upper body and character.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users