• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:48 PM

Hello thanks for reading my post.  I have recently bought an ACI Maverick, and I took it apart to re lube and inspect it.  Prior to me taking apart, everything was in working condition.  No problems at all.  After I serviced it, when gassed up, the pump handle won't spring back after I pump it.  Honestly I don't know what i did wrong.  Also, does anyone know how to adjust the velocity on the maverick?  Is it the bolt or do I just need a spring kit?  Please respond, thanks.

#2 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:15 PM

I don't have first hand experience with Mavericks but I have had a few nelsons.

I'v had a few nelsons that are really springy without air but when you put air to them they loose all of their springyness.

is it doing this without air?

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#3 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:25 AM

I don't have first hand experience with Mavericks but I have had a few nelsons.

I'v had a few nelsons that are really springy without air but when you put air to them they loose all of their springyness.

is it doing this without air?

No I have the exact same situation as you.  Without air, it is really springy.  Then i gas it up, and i have to manually move the pump arm back forward for it to shoot.

#4 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,866 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 05:09 PM

It isn't supposed to spring back if it is gassed up because there is no return spring.

For velocity, it depends on what bolt you have, if you have the adjustable bolt, there will be either a flathead, or a hex head on the bolt. Tighten it to increase velocity. 

If you do not have an adjustable bolt, you will have to get a spring kit, or clip/shimm the spring depending on your velocity. 

#5 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:25 PM

It isn't supposed to spring back if it is gassed up because there is no return spring.

For velocity, it depends on what bolt you have, if you have the adjustable bolt, there will be either a flathead, or a hex head on the bolt. Tighten it to increase velocity. 

If you do not have an adjustable bolt, you will have to get a spring kit, or clip/shimm the spring depending on your velocity. 

Ohhhhh.  :blink:  I feel really stupid now haha.  My first pump so I am glad I'm learning about them.  Thank you so much you don't know how worried i was because i thought I put it back together wrong or something like that.  Thanks for the replies.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users