19 replies to this topic

#1 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

i found out about this today and it is really pissing me off, Canada has 3 large national retailers of paintball gear and that includes Badlands, BuyPBL and PaintballGear.ca. in the Toronto area there is a relatively new yet amazing paintball store called Ripple Industries, they supply everything milsim related have great customer service and are a go to place for many people in the area for anything milsim. If you are in Canada check them out at https://battlefieldpb.com/shop/. now Badlands currently is trying to steal as many customers away as possible which is all part of healthy competition but not in the way Badlands is doing things, they already have tried to buy ad space for when people Google search for ripple industries and now they launched this website trying to make it look like the Ripple Industries website is down and suggesting they visit badlands instead. the address and phone number shown are the same to that of a local Badlands store in the same area as Ripple Industries. 

Edited by fumbimo, 26 August 2013 - 05:16 PM.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#2 Pumpy

Pumpy

A.K.A Captain Canada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Ripple moved to get away from badlands and also to get a bigger store, I know the guy and we always talked about badlands stealing customers, and this same thing has happened to three other stores across canada, except badlands put them outta business.

#3 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:38 PM

Ripple moved to get away from badlands and also to get a bigger store, I know the guy and we always talked about badlands stealing customers, and this same thing has happened to three other stores across canada, except badlands put them outta business.

i'm not buying anything from badlands anymore, this kinda bullshit makes me mad.

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#4 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:39 PM

i'm not buying anything from badlands anymore, this kinda bullshit makes me mad.

That's the paintball industry man. Greed and money that's all sadly.

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#5 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

That's the paintball industry man. Greed and money that's all sadly.

more so of badlands, they also have terrible cs and all around just seam like a sleezy company.

58pk.jpg

#6 Robot85

Robot85

Paper has no corners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

That's the paintball industry  Humanity man. Greed and money that's all sadly.

Fixed

Robot.png
Canadian Ballers Club V3 - Gewn Owners Club V4

CQB Paintball                                                                        
Speedsim Media

#7 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

That's the paintball industry  Humanity man. Greed and money that's all sadly.

Fixed

so i guess us robots and unicorns are just superior then :/

58pk.jpg

#8 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:46 AM

Yeah I've only been to badlands twice but was not impressed. Nothing I went for was in stock, refused to order it for me saying they have no control what the wearhouse ships them (which having been in retail makes absolutely no sense), The girl behind the counter didn't seem to want to help us at all and didn't even play paintball! I'm pretty sure in our small industry that should be a prerequisite.

Select paintball is a good store if you want a brick and mortar location. At least the one in Niagara Falls is.

#9 Pumpy

Pumpy

A.K.A Captain Canada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:14 AM

I had a similar situation when I went there, the guy was a major tweaker and didnt care about us or any other customers. He wanted us to buy something and leave. I try to never buy things from there because Ive had so many bad experiences. 

Edited by Pumpy, 27 August 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#10 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

message someone shared from the president of Badlands, 

Hi Steve, this is Trevor, President of Badlands. I know that you asked for a PM response, but I felt it was better to address everyone in this thread. I trust this is OK.
I would like to apologize. You guys are right, this was a dick move on our part,
 and you do deserve an explanation. An over-zealous member of our organization thought this was a good idea, and exercised very poor judgement. I can see from the posts that have been made that you guys are very loyal and passionate about the local Toronto paintball scene. It appears that this same loyalty and passion was the motivation for this unfortunate incident.
After having read a number of posts made on our Facebook page, I do not feel that our member of staff was the only one who has stepped outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour. That having been said, I have had the site taken down, and I can assure you, the offending party has been disciplined. I can offer no excuses, and as the President of the company, I have to accept full responsibility for everything that happens under my watch. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

58pk.jpg

#11 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:23 AM

message someone shared from the president of Badlands, 

Hi Steve, this is Trevor, President of Badlands. I know that you asked for a PM response, but I felt it was better to address everyone in this thread. I trust this is OK.
I would like to apologize. You guys are right, this was a dick move on our part,
 and you do deserve an explanation. An over-zealous member of our organization thought this was a good idea, and exercised very poor judgement. I can see from the posts that have been made that you guys are very loyal and passionate about the local Toronto paintball scene. It appears that this same loyalty and passion was the motivation for this unfortunate incident.
After having read a number of posts made on our Facebook page, I do not feel that our member of staff was the only one who has stepped outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour. That having been said, I have had the site taken down, and I can assure you, the offending party has been disciplined. I can offer no excuses, and as the President of the company, I have to accept full responsibility for everything that happens under my watch. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

Well there you go what a good outcome

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#12 Pumpy

Pumpy

A.K.A Captain Canada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:53 AM

Good thing we all bitch and complain, it worked!!!

#13 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Good thing we all bitch and complain, it worked!!!

yay for being a little whiny bitch!

58pk.jpg

#14 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Pull start me and I'm yours ;)

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,615 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:25 AM

After having read a number of posts made on our Facebook page, I do not feel that our member of staff was the only one who has stepped outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.

Lol, he's complaining about the "behavior" or the people posting on the Facebook feed? What did he expect?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#15 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

After having read a number of posts made on our Facebook page, I do not feel that our member of staff was the only one who has stepped outside the bounds of acceptable behaviour.

Lol, he's complaining about the "behavior" or the people posting on the Facebook feed? What did he expect?

looks like they removed all of them from there FB page, there is not a single negative comment on it anywhere

58pk.jpg

#16 Pumpy

Pumpy

A.K.A Captain Canada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Thats badlands for you!!

#17 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:39 AM

BTW fumbimo, if you really wanted to boycott badlands remember that most PE stuff is distributed through badlands. And might as well have a team that isn't Edmonton impact, they are badlands sponsored.

I know things are resolved but still if you wanna be a badlands hater...
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#18 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 09:31 AM

the only time i will purchase from badlands is if i need something that nobody else has

58pk.jpg

#19 fallenwings28

fallenwings28

K&OJ = Bliss.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:11 PM

didn't Pinkyy have a store with his father in Toronto? And now he doesn't or something? Hmmm... FFffuuu badlands , ill buy my P E stuff from Pbl.

Canadianballersclub.

#20 fumbimo

fumbimo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

didn't Pinkyy have a store with his father in Toronto? And now he doesn't or something? Hmmm... FFffuuu badlands , ill buy my P E stuff from Pbl.

ye, BuyPBL is awesome, buying stuff from them right now actually, new pants and knee pads :3

58pk.jpg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Badlands, paintball, canada, ripple, industries

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users