Photo

50 round hopper with pods, or Standard hopper without?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sitdwnandhngon

sitdwnandhngon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:58 AM

Which do you guys use?

I was thinking of getting a 50 round hopper for the low profile and then a few 50 round pods to go with it for longer games.

Or I could just use my old shake and bake  and fill it before the game and go in without a pod belt. Bigger profile but I would be more mobile and a little faster.

#2 smoke14

smoke14

One Flew Over

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 09:54 AM

Well here is what I use:

For my T2 I use a 50 round app and a capless joyride pack. When I need to reload (which is often haha) I grab 3 tubes in my hand and dump them, then throw said tubes into my dump pouch.
I like this a lot because a) the set up is extremely light and it helps me make far moves B) the reload is extremely quick with a little bit of practice (not to mention I think reloading is part of the fun) and c) I use the same kit with my t2 as I do with my phantom, all I have to do is take the tank off and put it on the phantom (and make sure I grab only one tube instead of 3 lol). When I go to big games like IoN I grab my leg harness and throw that on as well.
Just go experiment with what you like and decide from there, and it's not like it's set in stone when you make a decision.

#3 MKVIGTI

MKVIGTI

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 01:03 PM

I say do the 50 with a pods.

Or run with what I do. I have the 100 sport shot and I carry one pod. It's enough paint, for me at least, to go between games before the group has to go back for air and more paint.

When I play airball I carry 2 pods. Never been through more than a hopper and a half but then again I play front.. Mostly snake and sometime dorito side

Standard hopper is too big and heavy in my opinion. Id rather have that weight on my back then on the gun.

PS- I also use a T2

#4 sitdwnandhngon

sitdwnandhngon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

I think I am going to order an APP 50 rounder, and a few 50 round pods.

I guess if I am going to be at a mechanical disadvantage I should at least get my profile as small as I can.

#5 chadude100

chadude100

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 07:22 PM

I use a shake and shooter on my T2 without any pods. I just find it easier to deal with because i dont have to worry about the 50 round pods and reloading.

#6 TheAlmostPanda

TheAlmostPanda

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 04:54 PM

I think I am going to order an APP 50 rounder, and a few 50 round pods.

I guess if I am going to be at a mechanical disadvantage I should at least get my profile as small as I can.

I run a App 50 and 5/50 round pods. Just make sure you replace the lid on the app with a lock lid and fill the 50 rnd pods to 40 paintballs. If you fill the app all the way up, it will feed horrendously. 

Cattle die, kinsmen die all men are mortal.
Words of praise, will never perish
nor a noble name.
- The Havamal

jacket for sale

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users