3 replies to this topic

#1 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

To set the scene: I'm at the field for a day of recball with a friend. The team I'm on finally got our jerseys from Raza and it was my first day wearing it.

So I go into the little pro shop we have at the field to get something to drink. And while I'm doing that some kid asks "hey are you sponsored?" I say yes and he says cool.

Now I'm out on the field. And another kid asks "are you sponsored" and I say yes. Then he asks "who sponsors you" and I show him the front of the jersey with all the sponsors on it. He starts spouting off saying its so cool that I'm sponsored and its so cool he even tells his dad I'm sponsored (the dad didn't care at all).

So I play some games with all these kids following me around... Don't think much off it. Just try and have fun.

Then I get back to my table.

I'm suddenly surrounded by little kids. Then come the questions

Do you get free guns (No)

Do you just ask the field to sponsor you (No I'm on a team)

What do you get then (Pretty much just a jersey)

Do you get paid to play paintball (No there are only like two teams who do)

Then they ask my friend if he's sponsored he says no and they completely blow him off.

Pretty much me wearing a jersey changes if I'm worth talking to or not. I found it pretty iritating. Thank god the parents called them over for pictures.

They also thought they could beat my friend in a fight ( they were mostly pre pubescent kids. Me and my friend are 16) and went on to call my Phantom "Pretty swag". So that was my Friday. No questions on tips for playing or how to play better or even how to follow the rules. Just how much is it worth talking to you.

Just wanted to vent. Sorry if it sounds like gibberish.

End rant.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,069 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

Thats life. People are sheep.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,807 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:11 AM

I always just ask "Does owning golf clubs or a tennis racket make you a pro in those sports?" when people ask me about my gear.

I got to go to MN Pro for the Rabackoff clinic and it was awesome BTW.  Hot as balls out there that day though, luckily there was a breeze.

#4 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

It's hot as balls everyday lol. I'm glad you enjoyed the place. Sadly I was working during the clinic.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users