• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

Alright so after looking around a while on the internet, I thought it would be pretty fun to just make a small 98 for a back-up just in case or maybe do some mods to it (i.e. pump/bolt-action) just for the heck of it, since used 98's can go for pretty cheap.
I found a picture of what I pretty much want to do with it, and a lot of it seems pretty straightforward, but I think the only problem I'll have is working with re-routing the air since i've never done anything with the airline before so I'll probably end up with a leaking gun and have to go back.  Advice for it would be greatly appreciated  ^_^   Depending on the price/quality of any 98s I find, I'm not too sure I'll be able to start this project soon, but I guess the sooner I put this up the sooner I could get advice on it.
And yes, I know it'll be similar to my last project of a side-fed carver (essentially a 98 anyways) with it having a limited capacity and all, but this could serve as a nice backup or something to throw around.  I really like the idea of having a small little marker that doesn't need a remote line or have any tank sticking out of it.
So here's the picture I found:
DSCN0430.jpg
though I most likely won't have that thing on it covering the cocking handle

So
opinions?
suggestions?

advice?

I'm open to anything, feel free to talk away :D

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:46 AM

Looks cool as hell, but I'd be surprised if you get more than 2 or 3 shots off a 12 gram, it's a 98 afterall. 

Theres nothing hard about sticking a 12gram adapter on it though, just take some teflon tape and screw it on.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:19 PM

Looks cool as hell, but I'd be surprised if you get more than 2 or 3 shots off a 12 gram, it's a 98 afterall. 

Theres nothing hard about sticking a 12gram adapter on it though, just take some teflon tape and screw it on.

fair enough x3
I might just try and move the asa so it's more towards the back and not below the grip, maybe just have it sticking right out the back where a stock would go so I could use a bigger tank if need be.
But my goal mostly is just to have a small little gun to throw around, and 98s are pretty tough

#4 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:02 PM

okay so basically, my friend and I have been coming up with ideas recently.
So far the plan is to probably remove the grip as much as I can but to still have enough room for the internals, then put some sheet metal or something around it (leaving gaps where the 12 gram changer and feeder will be) and basically make it a rectangle.  As of right now I'm torn between making it into a briefcase (make it all black, add a black handle) or a lunchbox (do some weird/colorful design all over it or have some old cartoon drawing and one of those lunchbox handles).
This marker would be completely for shits and giggles, efficiency and common sense won't matter since I already have a decent primary >:3
Anyone have suggestions on making this thing completely ridiculous?

#5 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:32 PM

considering you'll need a barrel on that thing, it's not entirely feasible. 

Unless you keep the barrel off, and screw it on when you go to use the 98.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,640 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:13 AM

A 3" barrel can get to 300FPS no problem, just needs the velocity adjuster all the way out and maybe a heavier drive spring depending on your luck.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 Cat Jones

Cat Jones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

I'll leave the front open for a barrel, but the smaller the better
I ordered a cheap used one off ebay, I might just chop the stock barrel on that and use it since I have a couple of 98 barrels already.
So far I think I'm going to put it in a plain lunchbox or something (cut it in areas so it fits in nice, leaving the grip out and other pieces if need be) and using something to secure it in, but still able to take it out if I just wanna use it as a sidearm or something.
I know it'll probably stick out of the box, but I'll try to get a large one, like I said, I just want this to be ridiculous and have some fun with it  ;) perhaps throw a sandwich in and eat it on the sidelines after I get shot? (mask on of course) xD

UPDATE:
I've ordered a 12 gram changer and vertical asa off of ebay (would rather have the co2 cartridge vertical) and in response to Cooky, the person who made that compact 98 in the first pistol said they were able to get around 20-25 shots off of a 12 gram (though they had to cut the hammer spring a little, but I have spares of those in case I mess up) so it's actually not tooo bad

Edited by Cat Jones, 02 September 2013 - 06:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users