9 replies to this topic

#1 Forrest99

Forrest99

Impulsive buyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:53 PM

so theres this guy on mcb who seems to be a pretty legit guy and i am buying a couple of impulses from him, he says he doesn't do paypal and he wants to do a money order. what is this and is it a safe way to pay?

My gear: 09 empire e-vents, etek 3 lt, viewloader vlocity, empire 68/4500, dye rhino tank cover, 2010 eclipse distortion pants, syn paintball jersey, and a jt 4+5 pack

#2 OBF

OBF

Haters gonna hate.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:55 PM

They're basically packages of money.

https://www.usps.com...oney-orders.htm

#3 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:08 PM

I wouldn't do a money order unless he ships you the order first. There is NO WAY to get your money back with a money order. The fact that he does not accept paypal means one of 2 things, it is a scam or he just does not have a paypal. Seems sketchy to me though.

Google his user name, check his feedback thread, and ask other members on MCB if he is legit.

#4 Forrest99

Forrest99

Impulsive buyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 02:14 PM

I asked if he could get a Paypal because its easier and safer. Ill see what he says
My gear: 09 empire e-vents, etek 3 lt, viewloader vlocity, empire 68/4500, dye rhino tank cover, 2010 eclipse distortion pants, syn paintball jersey, and a jt 4+5 pack

#5 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

I would skip it if he decides to tell you he won't get a Paypal. That's a red flag to me saying SCAMMER ALERT!!!

Also, ask around like everyone else said. I also have a trick I thought up. Ask to get SUPER specific pictures about random things like ask for a picture of the inside of the lpr housing. If he could provide the pictures, he likely has the marker(s) and it at least stops you from getting scammed by some of the scammers out there
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Dye Rotor, Ninja Pro 68/45

#6 Forrest99

Forrest99

Impulsive buyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:14 PM

I check his ebay feed back and it was good. i also pm'd him on eBay and he responded and said it was him. I'm gonna go for it I think

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

Ebay uses paypal, good luck man I would not do it.

Also, ask around like everyone else said. I also have a trick I thought up. Ask to get SUPER specific pictures about random things like ask for a picture of the inside of the lpr housing.

Even if I had the marker I would not do that for them.

I would skip it if he decides to tell you he won't get a Paypal. That's a red flag to me saying SCAMMER ALERT!!!

I couldn't get a paypal when I first started out because you NEED a CC or a bank account attached to it to withdraw money so your reasoning is flawed.

#8 Forrest99

Forrest99

Impulsive buyer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 280 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 08:50 PM

http://www.mcarterbr...-f-s-only.html

Edited by Forrest99, 01 September 2013 - 08:51 PM.

#9 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • 13,790 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:08 PM

How does he have an ebay and not a paypal? I thought that was a requirement.

Also, ebay feedback is misleading. He can scam you outside of ebay and there is nothing anyone can do.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#10 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Also, ask around like everyone else said. I also have a trick I thought up. Ask to get SUPER specific pictures about random things like ask for a picture of the inside of the lpr housing. If he could provide the pictures, he likely has the marker(s) and it at least stops you from getting scammed by some of the scammers out there

Yeah 
he can take all the pictures you wan't, doesn't mean he has to send you the marker, you're still just hoping he's a good guy. 
& money orders don't always mean someone is a scammer, if they have legit feedback and they've been on the forum for a while it should be fine to use a MO.

How does he have an ebay and not a paypal? I thought that was a requirement.

Also, ebay feedback is misleading. He can scam you outside of ebay and there is nothing anyone can do.

^^^^

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users