• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#1 FatBoyPB

FatBoyPB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

I got to thinking today and I would like to know what some of you think the future of paintball will be. I watched a video that was realeased about a week ago, the new Strikeloader a company in Germany is designing. Basically a backpack loader that has a capacity of 1200 rounds......could be useful. Kind of like the warpeed from back in the day. What are your guys opinion on this new product and where do you see paintball 10-15, 20 years from now? Mike, if you could i would greatly like your opinion on this too!

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

GPS paintballs and airless system markers

Hopefully we get past the big roadblock that is the paintball itself.

Hydrotech will be the low end paintball

Edited by kingJurzy, 01 September 2013 - 11:30 PM.

#3 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:31 PM

tankless guns for sure

109.gif

#4 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:33 PM

First Strike the norm. 

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#5 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,086 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:34 PM

Hmm. Water paintballs (hydrotec ;-;)

Smaller hoppers that feed faster

Compressors built into the gun that can keep up with the need for air

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#6 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,022 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

Hopefully we get past the big roadblock that is the paintball itself.

#7 SuperG91

SuperG91

You met me at a very strange time in my life.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,305 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

First Strike the norm. 

Im waiting for this to happen.

[font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][font="arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif"][size="2"]

[size="4"]Super, that is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen in my life, if it weren't so massive I'd quote it in my sig lol

Feedback!

#8 Pump Player

Pump Player

Voted techpb's #1 sloth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Location:Lutz fl, blitzkrieg paintball, orbital paintball, central Florida paintball

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

a planet devoted solely to the sport of paintball

2011 proto rail + Pinokio! --- http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222130

#9 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 02:49 PM

This, this would be the shit.

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#10 Legit Balla

Legit Balla

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I would gladly spend my life savings for a trip to that planet haha

Personally i think the paintball itself will advance too, like how the first strike round was made.  I just hope that paintball stays itself and doesn't get too far off track into the milsim area.  I think first strike / mag fed markers are a gateway into more military style equipment.

#11 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:43 PM

We can't fix the human condition YET. I personally believe the technology is endless but the actual sport itself has its limits which are purely from the shitheads who ruin this sport and any other one.

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#12 itsme123

itsme123

Joshua 1:9

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:49 PM

paint that is perfectly accurate, doesn't chop or break in the barrel, and never bounces on the opponent.

Who wants free stuff!?!? If you buy something from my gearbag sale I will give you free items! http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=220057

#13 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 08:44 PM

Paintballs filled with paint made from the ferrous metallic fluid found in magnetorheological suspensions like on the Corvette ZR1 and use electromagnets to fire the paintballs. Sort of paintball railguns. I don't think it'd take a shitload of power to achieve 285fps. Just have a small but powerful Lithium Ion battery pack that clips onto the marker sort of like a power drill or something. I doubt that the current board technology would have any difficulty controlling the markers. But cost of paint would be nuts.

Supreme and terrible Ra who maketh god and men tremble before Thee
I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

Those Whom the Gods Detest - Nile

#14 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Paintballs filled with paint made from the ferrous metallic fluid found in magnetorheological suspensions like on the Corvette ZR1 and use electromagnets to fire the paintballs. Sort of paintball railguns. I don't think it'd take a shitload of power to achieve 285fps. Just have a small but powerful Lithium Ion battery pack that clips onto the marker sort of like a power drill or something. I doubt that the current board technology would have any difficulty controlling the markers. But cost of paint would be nuts.

That's a pretty crazy idea but it sounds pretty epic
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#15 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,859 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Its funny because I've thought of a system where the bolt was driven by a solenoid, like in an old door bell. The only air that would be used would be to propel the ball.

However, it would probably require a decently large battery. 

#16 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:20 PM

Its funny because I've thought of a system where the bolt was driven by a solenoid, like in an old door bell. The only air that would be used would be to propel the ball.

We are talking about the future! Small batteries that can hold alot more than the current year of 2013!

Why hello there :)

Livin' that luxe life

#17 REDCOBRA

REDCOBRA

wow such paintball

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,531 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:34 PM

tankless guns for sure

I doubt it. It would mess up the ergonomics of speedball markers, it would make you go through way more batteries than usual and would it basically make airsoft guns that shoot paintballs. 

PS I just realized have a stuffed animal version of your avatar...

Posted Image

#18 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 870 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

wire guided paintball missiles and gundams that fire paintballs. also dev. sucks

Lulzjustacat.png

#19 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,812 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:36 AM

Nobody will play paintball because everyone is going to be drafted for WWIII when we bomb Syria.......

In all honesty look at 2,000 and look at now. Guns will keep progressing just like they have over the last 10 years.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#20 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:02 AM

A reality TV show where the public gets to take part in a weeding out process where only the TOP players advance to the finals. It travels from city to city, and dedicated games occur with the best players advancing. Each player has a helmet cam, and a ZoomCam and the footage is edited to show on TV their style of play. Players can be sponsored by companies and represent their gear, and the public can send "gifts" online to their favorites (including paintball grenades, paintball mines, extra paint, food, ect). 

From each city the top players advance. Blooper reels of other players getting destroyed is shown as well in the introduction shows. 

Then the finals begin. 

Which take place on an island. Participants are taken by boat to the island, the top players from each city are now a team and the objective is to destroy the other teams, while taking control of storehouses on the island. Each team is dropped on a different part of the island. (the island is small only about 30 acres total). 

Each team has limited paint. Only what they are carrying and their marker. But, on the island are storehouses of paint/air/food. The key is to take out the other teams while also gaining ground. Ownership of storehouses yeilds cash at the end of the game. If you hold a certain storehouse you get so many dollars. Lose that storehouse and you lose the cash. 

Teams can work together or not, based on their individual strategy. Camera stations are all over the island filming everything, and the helmet cam/gun cam footage is also included in the final edit. 

Pretty much a survivor/paintball style event. Headshots are instant eliminations, and other shots can be revived with a medic on your team. If the medic is eliminated, you can use a medic from another team if they choose to let you do that. But, injured players can't eliminate other players unless he is "revived" by a medic.

The game would be over when a team (or single surviving player) takes out the last of the other players. That player (or team) would split a $5,000,000 top prize and be named the "2013" extreme paintballer of the year. 

#21 swiftblade13

swiftblade13

he that is

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:27 AM

A reality TV show where the public gets to take part in a weeding out process where only the TOP players advance to the finals. It travels from city to city, and dedicated games occur with the best players advancing. Each player has a helmet cam, and a ZoomCam and the footage is edited to show on TV their style of play. Players can be sponsored by companies and represent their gear, and the public can send "gifts" online to their favorites (including paintball grenades, paintball mines, extra paint, food, ect). 

From each city the top players advance. Blooper reels of other players getting destroyed is shown as well in the introduction shows. 

Then the finals begin. 

Which take place on an island. Participants are taken by boat to the island, the top players from each city are now a team and the objective is to destroy the other teams, while taking control of storehouses on the island. Each team is dropped on a different part of the island. (the island is small only about 30 acres total). 

Each team has limited paint. Only what they are carrying and their marker. But, on the island are storehouses of paint/air/food. The key is to take out the other teams while also gaining ground. Ownership of storehouses yeilds cash at the end of the game. If you hold a certain storehouse you get so many dollars. Lose that storehouse and you lose the cash. 

Teams can work together or not, based on their individual strategy. Camera stations are all over the island filming everything, and the helmet cam/gun cam footage is also included in the final edit. 

Pretty much a survivor/paintball style event. Headshots are instant eliminations, and other shots can be revived with a medic on your team. If the medic is eliminated, you can use a medic from another team if they choose to let you do that. But, injured players can't eliminate other players unless he is "revived" by a medic.

The game would be over when a team (or single surviving player) takes out the last of the other players. That player (or team) would split a $5,000,000 top prize and be named the "2013" extreme paintballer of the year. 

I like this

#22 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:47 AM

A full box of 2000 paintballs will cost 20$ (One day my freinds...)

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#23 paintballer481146

paintballer481146

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

Then the finals begin. 

I think you just came up with the best idea ever

I hate reality tv shows with a passion but this does sound really cool.

#24 metsfan521

metsfan521

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,341 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:58 PM

Wait...people are still having this discussion?!?

#25 J3R3MY

J3R3MY

I know nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 01:14 PM

I got to thinking today and I would like to know what some of you think the future of paintball will be. I watched a video that was realeased about a week ago, the new Strikeloader a company in Germany is designing. Basically a backpack loader that has a capacity of 1200 rounds......could be useful. Kind of like the warpeed from back in the day. What are your guys opinion on this new product and where do you see paintball 10-15, 20 years from now? Mike, if you could i would greatly like your opinion on this too!

As suspicious as a new member making his first post about a recently announced product is, i do appreciate that you are looking to feel out what people are feeling about it, so here's my 2 cents:

I think that in the woods this could be a great product as it allows you to distribute the weight of the rounds on your shoulders and removes some from the hands... In the future of this product i think it needs to hold your tank in some ergonomical way where a remote line could be strapped to the backpack's feed hose. Noone wants to increase the girth, and having it on top of the lid might prove impractical... but if the shell were slimmer and a tank could be mounted on either side that might be a winner....

I'm not sure it is the future of all paintball play... there will still be some people who prefer a loader. But it looks like a great idea none the less, and ii look forward to the possibility of trying it sometime...

#26 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:01 PM

tankless guns for sure

I doubt it. It would mess up the ergonomics of speedball markers, it would make you go through way more batteries than usual and would it basically make airsoft guns that shoot paintballs. 

We're talking about the future though, so tankless guns wouldn't be to difficult if someone developed away to launch paintballs to 300+ fps without breaking the paint in the process. I mean they said computers would never be smaller then the desktop and look at us now!

PS I have dibs on the girls in your profile pic....

109.gif

#27 drexler

drexler

Nutrition is my Mission

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,383 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:04 PM

Cheaper paint.

#28 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:23 PM

Cheaper paint.

Yet at the same time high quality.

Why hello there :)

Livin' that luxe life

#29 thegummybeararmy

thegummybeararmy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 06:53 PM

Then the finals begin. 

So basically the Hunger Games of paintball?

I have no idea how to use a sig....

#30 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Kinda, cept, you can't climb trees, and the players are volunteers and don't really die... lol.

Plus you enter the game with YOUR favorite marker, you don't have to run to the middle. And there would be a LOT of players. I would think at least 50 to start the game... 3 per city, so each "team" would be a small attack group.

The key would be making it a very exclusive group, and exclusive field, (not something the public could ever play, so it makes people REALLY want to play there...). 

#31 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:46 PM

tankless guns for sure

We're talking about the future though, so tankless guns wouldn't be to difficult if someone developed away to launch paintballs to 300+ fps without breaking the paint in the process. I mean they said computers would never be smaller then the desktop and look at us now!

PS I have dibs on the girls in your profile pic....

Same way they launch roller coasters, dude. You can accelerate linearly without it being violent and have no physical contact between bolt and paint. This is something that, if money were no object, would be doable today.

I am counted amongst legions of the unrighteous who dread not being immersed in pits of fire

#32 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

When I was working on cars on a regular, I had a Makita Cordless 18V lithium ion powered impact and drill set that I could use for days (not non-stop, mind you, but used regularly) and the battery pack wasn't really bulky or heavy at all and the only reason it was awkwardly shaped was so you could set the drill down without it moving. They had smaller stuff like this (http://www.makitausa...px?Name=TD090DW) in 10.8VLIon and the battery fits right into the grip. I really don't think it would be implausible to use something very similar to power and operate a paintball marker and using ferrous fluid magnetized for one pole and have the "bolt" be nothing more than a polar-opposite electromagnetic discharge. You wouldn't wan't to pulse it (for obvious reasons) but you could use staged magnets to smoothly and gradually increase the paintball's speed without damaging or disfiguring the paint like a rollercoaster or use a solenoid to actuate a bolt that is tipped with a magnet that is polar opposite of the magnetized fluid. Hell, if it weren't for the health risks, I bet you could use Mercury. 

Edited by Village Idiot, 04 September 2013 - 11:13 PM.

#33 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,691 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:34 PM

Maybe the tank could be replaced with a ergonomically friendly battery? 

109.gif

#34 sonicx059

sonicx059

Killer of Threads

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:03 PM

paint that is perfectly accurate, doesn't chop or break in the barrel, and never bounces on the opponent.

I like bounces. Its like when you roll a D20 and get a 20. Its that awesome feeling of OH SHIT that was close.

602420_508306232582957_760957084_n.jpg

#35 dustyshouri

dustyshouri

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:39 PM

So paintball railgun?

#36 Village Idiot

Village Idiot

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:11 AM

Maybe the tank could be replaced with a ergonomically friendly battery? 

Easily. The milsim, scenario and woodsball guys would love it because you could have a marker much closer to an actual military weapon and the battery could fit in the stock. With a magnetic fill in the paintballs, the gravity feed could no longer be a necessity, as well.

So paintball railgun?

Yea! And, like I said, if money was no object, we have the technology to make this now. You could even retain some of the features that current markers have. Barrel backs could not only be used for sizing but could also have different windings in them (for the electromagnetic launching segment) that could increase voltage and decrease amperage (or vice versa) to make the marker more battery efficient or have a more linear acceleration of the paint. And, in addition to custom firing modes and dwell, you could also adjust the pulse width of the power to the electromagnets or the strength of the field. Wouldn't it be fun to find out if changing the magnetic field could reshape shitty paint so you have more uniform marker performance?

Edited by Village Idiot, 06 September 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#37 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 12:10 PM

This, this would be the shit.
In that case, after many decades, the paintballers will com back and over take earth. Nobody could stop them

#38 rastabanana

rastabanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:55 PM

Nobody is going to use the strikeloader in speedball, it is basically for scenerio or woodsball.

Budget Ballers FTW

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)