Photo

Different types of players (snake, etc.)

newbie speedball player role snake

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 04:32 AM

I have read and heard several times about snakes and that's all. What are the other types of players in speedball and what should the players characteristics be to have an advantage in playing that particular role?
Thanks in advance :)

#2 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

Well, I am not the greatest to ask about speedball, but I have a basic understanding.

Types of players:

Front: Basically your fastest mover, the guys who go as far as they can off the break and try to control and hold the field. They are the ones generally who get the most kills during points, if done right. They rely heavily on their backs for information on what the field is doing and what the opposing team is up to.

Mid/Insert: These guys do some running and gunning but generally just try to get to the advantage bunkers off break, ones where they have a clear line of sight, but can also move to fill a position if one of the front's get taken out. That's why you hear about the "Snake Insert" player, he is the one behind the snake who is ready to fill that spot should the snake player get snagged.

Back: These are your heavy gunners. These are the guys who lay down rope after rope of paint all game long. They shoot lanes at the start, to try and clear the field, then get into a good bunker and hold down their assigned areas, to keep the opposing team down. They are also the ones passing information to the mids and fronts, letting them know where to look and what to watch out for.

Hope this helps!

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#3 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:10 AM

Well, I am not the greatest to ask about speedball, but I have a basic understanding.

Types of players:

Front: Basically your fastest mover, the guys who go as far as they can off the break and try to control and hold the field. They are the ones generally who get the most kills during points, if done right. They rely heavily on their backs for information on what the field is doing and what the opposing team is up to.

Mid/Insert: These guys do some running and gunning but generally just try to get to the advantage bunkers off break, ones where they have a clear line of sight, but can also move to fill a position if one of the front's get taken out. That's why you hear about the "Snake Insert" player, he is the one behind the snake who is ready to fill that spot should the snake player get snagged.

Back: These are your heavy gunners. These are the guys who lay down rope after rope of paint all game long. They shoot lanes at the start, to try and clear the field, then get into a good bunker and hold down their assigned areas, to keep the opposing team down. They are also the ones passing information to the mids and fronts, letting them know where to look and what to watch out for.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for your detailed answer. It definitely helps :)

#4 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:18 PM

Mid is By far the most enjoyable spot. Nothing like setting up A huge lane and then getting into a gun battle with the snake or dorrito

#5 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

That's why I would love to play snake insert if I ever get myself to get on a team, but I am usually much faster and more pliable to get into snake, so when I play open play that's where I usually end up.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#6 Praetorian

Praetorian

Skill? Where can I buy that?!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:56 AM

if my fat ass dives into snake, its a desperation move. I like to stay in the middle and go D-SIDE

#7 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,523 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

if my fat ass dives into snake

LOL

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#8 PaintSniffer69

PaintSniffer69

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:15 PM

I play back and rope with my 98 and sniper barrel

#9 Hayden Denhay

Hayden Denhay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 October 2014 - 08:14 PM

if my fat ass dives into snake, its a desperation move. I like to stay in the middle and go D-SIDE

ha

Hayden

Home field: Flagswipe Paintball

Team: Ice Monkeys Speedball

#10 ChloricName

ChloricName

I Like Pandas

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 08 October 2014 - 07:40 PM

Please stop necroing unless it is for a good reason. "ha" is not helping this thread.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: newbie, speedball, player, role, snake

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users