• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 PaintBallRambo

PaintBallRambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:10 AM

Hi, im looking to start PaintBall/SpeedBall - ( I'm gonna have to buy some gear since they're only providing us with stuff for the 1st season) 

Marker/gun - Proto Rail 2011     $250      http://www.ansgear.c...il2011black.htm

Mask - Empire Vidar                   $50       http://www.ansgear.c...armaskblack.htm

Tank - Ninja Tank 68/4500      $159       http://www.ansgear.c...injatank-68.htm

Hopper - Invert Too                 $73        http://www.ansgear.com/Invert_Too_Paintball_Hopper_Matte_Black_p/inverttooloaderblk.htm     Total - $532 - £340                  

Any reply is greatly appreciated :)

#2 Zephyr-_z

Zephyr-_z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Nice set up. I suggest getting a better mask though. Look into the V Force Profiler or JT Proflex. Both of those are very solid masks. 

Zephyr-_Z.png

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,779 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:28 AM

Yeah go try on masks at your local proshop and pick the one you like best. Dont even look at the price tag.

#4 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 11:51 AM

Great marker, great tank, no problems with the loader. Should look into a better mask. Can't go wrong with the VForce Profiler, but hit the proshop and try on as many masks as you can, before you buy.

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Looks fine. The Too should keep up with the Rail just fine. If you possibly can, try to get your hands on this stuff in person before you buy. As others have said, your mask is one area where you really want to try a bunch on before making a decision. Playing in an uncomfortable or ill-fitting mask sucks. Also, it would be nice to shoulder the Rail with that 68/45 tank, just to make sure the setup isn't too long or too short for you. If it's too short, you can try repositioning your ASA or adding a tank extender. If it's too long, you might want to go with a smaller tank like a 50/4500, or a brand that has a shorter overall length, like Guerilla Air.

#6 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 869 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:03 AM

Nice set up. I suggest getting a better mask though. Look into the V Force Profiler or JT Proflex. Both of those are very solid masks. 

why vidars are perfectly good masks. its not like hes buying something with the same quality as a rental or anything.

Lulzjustacat.png

#7 PaintBallRambo

PaintBallRambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:06 AM

Thanks to everyone :) For replying :)

#8 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,635 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:27 AM

Get a better mask.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#9 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 11:44 AM

I'd say everything is good, including the mask. Why? Because the Vidar uses Spectra frames, the same frame that's used on the Proflex. This means it should accept flex parts, and it will work very well if it fits you. I suggest trying it on first, and while you're at it try other masks. Who knows? You might find something you like more.

The gun is great, the tank is great, the loader is great, and the mask is good as well.  :tup:

#10 PaintBallRambo

PaintBallRambo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Thanks again for the help people :)

#11 GirlWithaAxe

GirlWithaAxe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 06:19 PM

good set up...  Iwould just get a better mask like the JT proflexs

my baby... my sweet  sweet axe...

#12 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:49 AM

good set up...  Iwould just get a better mask like the JT proflexs

I said it like 2 posts ago. The Vidar uses the exact same lens and lens from as a Proflex. The only difference between the two is that the Vidar bottoms are more rigid than flex bottoms, and they use hard ears.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: SpeedBall, Noob, Set-up

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users