• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 anooba

anooba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

So I plan on buying the Dangerous Power g4 for my first ever gun. I'm finding them around 270ish dollars so i figure that isn't that bad seeing as most i find for over 300$. 

So my question's are is that a good idea, also what gear should i buy? I've been looking around paintball sites and there is allot of different makes and brands and not really sure what i should buy. Looking for medium stuff please don't suggest i go and buy like a 200$+ mask or anything cause obviously I don't need it. Thanks.

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,653 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:05 PM

If your favorite mask is $200+ you should buy it without a moments hesitation, nothing is more important than a good mask. You can have fun with a rental gun and a good mask, but you cant have fun with a G4 when you cant breath and cant see.

Edited by Cookybiscuit, 04 September 2013 - 08:06 PM.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:08 PM

For a little more than $300 you can get a used axe that you wont need to upgrade anything on and will be a solid shooter for many many years to come. Not to mention they are incredibly easy with general maintenance and have a WAAYYYYY better customer support than DP by far.

#4 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 616 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

My buddy got his g4 and I love it. It doesn't have any issues and it's a great shooter.

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#5 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:29 PM

For a new marker in the G4's price range, I'd also consider the Proto Rail, and the Gog Extcy. You'll also want a mask, a tank, and a loader, minimum. Try on masks and buy what feels good to you. Playing with an ill-fitting or uncomfortable mask is pretty unpleasant. Good mid-priced masks include the VForce Profiler, the JT Proflex, the Proto Axis Pro, Empire E-Vents, Invert Avatar, and Sly Profits. If you want to spend a bit more, there's the Empire E-Flex, the Dye I4, and the VForce Grill. If you live somewhere hot and humid, and/or you tend to sweat a lot, I'd budget for a thermal lens as well. The Halo Too is a good mid-price loader. For tanks, I've had good luck with Ninja, Guerilla Air, and Crossfire. Most folks here will recommend a Ninja 68/4500. Before you buy one, check to make sure that a 68/45 fits you well.

One more piece of advice: resist the urge to upgrade a low-end marker. If you're going to spend the money, do it upfront and start with something better like an Axe, an Etek, or a Reflex Rail (or a used high-end like an Ego, DM, or Vice from a few years ago.)

#6 anooba

anooba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

If your favorite mask is $200+ you should buy it without a moments hesitation, nothing is more important than a good mask. You can have fun with a rental gun and a good mask, but you cant have fun with a G4 when you cant breath and cant see.

I'm starting to see this allot, and i guess it makes allot of sense. It's on your face so if it's not comfy then well yeah i get it. Thanks!

For a little more than $300 you can get a used axe that you wont need to upgrade anything on and will be a solid shooter for many many years to come. Not to mention they are incredibly easy with general maintenance and have a WAAYYYYY better customer support than DP by far.

I've looked for empire axes and the cheapest i found one for was around 400. I don't know i could just buy a new Dangerous Power G5 for that much? not sure haven't really heard anything bad about the G4. Thanks for feed back!

My buddy got his g4 and I love it. It doesn't have any issues and it's a great shooter.

Thanks for letting me know this! makes me want to purchase it even more.

#7 anooba

anooba

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:33 PM

For a new marker in the G4's price range, I'd also consider the Proto Rail, and the Gog Extcy. You'll also want a mask, a tank, and a loader, minimum. Try on masks and buy what feels good to you. Playing with an ill-fitting or uncomfortable mask is pretty unpleasant. Good mid-priced masks include the VForce Profiler, the JT Proflex, the Proto Axis Pro, Empire E-Vents, Invert Avatar, and Sly Profits. If you want to spend a bit more, there's the Empire E-Flex, the Dye I4, and the VForce Grill. If you live somewhere hot and humid, and/or you tend to sweat a lot, I'd budget for a thermal lens as well. The Halo Too is a good mid-price loader. For tanks, I've had good luck with Ninja, Guerilla Air, and Crossfire. Most folks here will recommend a Ninja 68/4500. Before you buy one, check to make sure that a 68/45 fits you well.

One more piece of advice: resist the urge to upgrade a low-end marker. If you're going to spend the money, do it upfront and start with something better like an Axe, an Etek, or a Reflex Rail (or a used high-end like an Ego, DM, or Vice from a few years ago.)

Hmm I live in Canada so it's not that hot out, but thanks for giving me the names of masks I'll be sure to go to my local store and try ones on before making a purchase, make sure it fits well and feels good. Also If i buy the G4 i don't plan on upgrading it that much, I'll only be going like 1 a week maybe depending on school. But thank you, your reply was exactly what i was looking for, so I can go look at prices! 

#8 josephreese

josephreese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:12 AM

My buddy got his g3 and I love it. And i very like. It doesn't have any problem and pretty good work, and it's a great. When i have played paintball so i have used full paintball gear paintball clothes and with full protectors. Because it's very comfortbale for safty.

#9 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:44 AM

I'm starting to see this allot, and i guess it makes allot of sense. It's on your face so if it's not comfy then well yeah i get it. Thanks!

I've looked for empire axes and the cheapest i found one for was around 400. I don't know i could just buy a new Dangerous Power G5 for that much? not sure haven't really heard anything bad about the G4. Thanks for feed back!

You could easily find an axe for 300, and g4s are known to leak terribly if you don't lube them perfectly.

Edited by Ultimatefinn, 23 September 2013 - 02:51 PM.

This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#10 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

You can find used Axes for like $275....

#11 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:48 PM

Edited by Ultimatefinn, 23 September 2013 - 02:50 PM.

This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#12 J3R3MY

J3R3MY

I know nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 02:59 PM

Here's one:

http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=222258

#13 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,087 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:35 PM

G4s are fine but you could easily find a like-new Axe for $300 or less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users