8 replies to this topic

#1 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:30 AM

hey guys,

so finally I've decided to make my purchase and i want to have a last check to make sure my setup is going to workout well.

This is my first setup and I play at speedball. So feel free to give me any other suggestions.

My setup:

Mask: i4

Marker: Reflex ( and could you guys tell me the difference between the 2012 and 13 please)

Tank: I haven't decided yet, but most probably Ninja or HK Army, please tell me your opinion if you have better tanks in mind.

Loader: Rotor

Pants: Empire LTD THT pants. 

Jerseys: Don't want any.

Pads: most probably HK Army.

so please tell me what do you think about them, and again if you do have any suggestions for a better gear please let me know.

Aw and I want to purchase new markers.

Thanks 

#2 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,632 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 10:45 AM

I'm not a fan of the Reflex. It will work fine, but to me, it's not worth what they charge for it. If you like Dye guns, for the same money, you can get a late-model used DM. For half the money, you could get a used PM8 or older DM, which are dual-regulated and really aren't that different from the current DMs. You said you want to buy new, so I'm not sure what to suggest. Something else. The Rotor is great. I've been happy with Ninja, GA, and Crossfire tanks, so you should be good there. The i4 is great if you have a small head/face. Try on any mask you plan to buy, before you buy it. Soft goods are all personal preference.

Edited by Old Dude PB, 05 September 2013 - 10:58 AM.

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

The only difference between a 2012 and 2013 Reflex Rail is the color and milling. Go with a 2012 and save a few bucks.

As for a tank, go with Ninja. Everything else looks fine.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,602 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

If you have a small face, the i4s are great.

For the marker, I would suggest the drone dx. IMO it's a better marker for your money. I believe it shoots a bit better and I just personally like it more. (I have played a few days with both). Plus the drone has better efficiency. If you are convinced on the reflex though and buying new, get the 2012 to save a few bucks.

For the tank, I always highly suggest Ninja over anything else

For the loader, the rotor is great. No change needed there

The pants are fine as well.

For the pads, I can't tell you about HK army since I have no experience but I could tell you one thing. For the price, the eclipse pads are UNBEATABLE.

Hope this helps
My Setup- OLED G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#5 GirlWithaAxe

GirlWithaAxe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

I dont like the reflex, I would recomend a older dm or a mini or a axe

my baby... my sweet  sweet axe...

#6 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 04:25 PM

hey guys,

so finally I've decided to make my purchase and i want to have a last check to make sure my setup is going to workout well.

This is my first setup and I play at speedball. So feel free to give me any other suggestions.

My setup:

Mask: i4 Good

Marker: Reflex ( and could you guys tell me the difference between the 2012 and 13 please) 2012 has a basic milling that looks the same as a 2011

Tank: I haven't decided yet, but most probably Ninja or HK Army, please tell me your opinion if you have better tanks in mind. Ninja for the adjustable regulator

Loader: Rotor Nothing wrong with it perfect for beginners as there are no settings to adjust.

Pants: Empire LTD THT pants. Very good padding and decently ventilated

Jerseys: Don't want any.

Pads: most probably HK Army. HK pads are decent however rip after a fair amount of time I'd suggest Dye pads because they are durable as hell and comfortable.

so please tell me what do you think about them, and again if you do have any suggestions for a better gear please let me know.

Aw and I want to purchase new markers.

Thanks 

109.gif

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,091 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:40 PM

Get the 2012 Empire pants instead. Cheaper, same product, and they dont look ridiculous.

Dye pads are way more durable than HK if youre spending that kind of cash. Just make sure you use the size chart.

#8 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,822 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:37 AM

Get the 2012 Empire pants instead. Cheaper, same product, and they dont look ridiculous.

Dye pads are way more durable than HK if youre spending that kind of cash. Just make sure you use the size chart.

bro... The LTDs are mad agg aha

109.gif

#9 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 03:54 AM

Thanks to everyone, your comments are very helpful.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: setup, newbie, marker, pants, tank, new

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users