• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 macleod

macleod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

I have stripped and rebuilt this 08 Ego 3 times now. All Orings have been replaced, the QEV diaphram has been replaced, everything has been greased or oiled per the manual. The batter is new, the dwell is at 12.5, and I am out of ideas. It will not chrono over 255 and even then it is widely inconsistent from 215ish to 255. Any ideas would be great or it soon becomes a wall decoration:(

#2 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Check your detents, they might not be holding balls in the breech properly causing partial rollouts.

Make sure your LPR is flush

You might want to service your noid if you haven't already.

Last thing I can think of is maybe a complete qev replacement. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#3 macleod

macleod

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:13 PM

Detents are new and the LPR adjuster screw is flush. I am not sure how to service the solenoid, the manual says there isnt anything I can do to it and I have looked and not found any info about what to service. I have found some new noids in the 150$+ range and there is no way in hell I'll put that kind of money into it. 

#4 HeroForADay

HeroForADay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,813 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Fresh battery and a factory board reset if that hasn't already been done. People always forget fresh batteries.

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,786 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:37 PM

The manual should have a diagram showing how to break down the solenoid. It should be a simple matter of taking it apart removing the spool cleaning the unimaginable amount of lube and dirt and crud and dead strippers out of it replacing any damaged orings and LIGHTLY relubing everything. You would be surprised about how dirty noids get over time.

Only other thing I can think about is a blown qev which will require a replacement. While you are at it you might also want to check the HPR piston seat to see if it is at all deformed. You might want to also try a totally different regulator on the marker to rule out any possible regulator issue. Thats honestly all I can think off. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6 1MPUR1TY

1MPUR1TY

GUN TECH

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

I'd up your dwell just a bit and then make sure the LPR is setup correctly.

Also, did you install the QEVs backwards?

Edited by 1MPUR1TY, 26 September 2013 - 01:51 AM.

RIT Tigers #14

#7 crich775

crich775

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

Depending how much its been shot, you may want to rebuild your LPR/HPR, after hundreds of cases the LPR spring may change so you cant run flush.

Rest In Peace Jacob Espindola 1-12-07
OEF Vet 2011-2012, Combat Infantryman Badge Recipient

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 08 ego, chrono, low pressure

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users