19 replies to this topic

#1 Justin B.

Justin B.

One Nation D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 08:53 PM

Ok so, my dad I think has seen how interested in paintball I am since I talk to him about it just about every day. Well, I had talked to him a lot about playing for a team, doing tournaments, and playing D5 and I think he really wants to see me go further. He just gave me an offer and it was "I will match any amount of money you EARN". As in he will match any amount of money I make from mowing lawns, raking leaves, Etc! So say I make $100 from mowing lawns one day. He would double it to make it a total of $200!

Tell me what jobs you think a 14 year old could do and what you think of the offer.

Thanks,

Justin B.

One Nation

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#2 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:48 PM

You could stop posting and go find a job mowing lawns or raking leaves.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#3 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,865 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 10:50 PM

that's a great proposal, now get to work  :P

#4 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:01 AM

that's a great proposal, now get to work  :P

Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#5 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

Un-Ass your self and get to work

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:42 AM

I don't know what kind of jobs I could do in the fall/winter time other than rake leaves and shovel snow. Any ideas?

One Nation

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

I don't know what kind of jobs I could do in the fall/winter time other than rake leaves and shovel snow. Any ideas?

Dog walking is a possibility.

#8 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,087 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:19 AM

You can also help people clean up before the snow comes nice little way to make money

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#9 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:21 AM

I used to walk my neighbors dog and then it bit a random guys pants leg and ripped a hole in it. We think that dog is going senile so we had to stop walking it. I'm not sure how comfortable my parents would be if I was going to walk another dog.

You can also help people clean up before the snow comes nice little way to make money

Clean up how?

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#10 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:12 PM

So who's getting married? 

#11 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:50 AM

LOL I knew someone would say that ^

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#12 IhasAcellular

IhasAcellular

You will never be 9 headbands agg.

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,530 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Both of those should take up plenty of your time. 

Posted Image

#13 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 11:38 AM

Well, I guess I'll have to wait for leaves to fall from other peoples trees other than my own....

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#14 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

This. You have working papers and the ability to do lawn work. There should be a sea of jobs available to you.

Don't use all the money for paintball, consider yourself lucky that your dad is willing to match what you make. Put 50% in the bank, 25% for hobbies, 25% for friends (food, movies). Paintball should be just about the very last thing to spend your money on, it's a hobby, real life and your future comes first.

You might disagree with that and spend it all on paintball, but I hope you realize your parents aren't going to pay your rent and buy you gas in 5 years, best to learn how to manage money now.

#15 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 05:46 AM

Go pee into the snow and make snow mottos? Best idea yet?

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#16 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,894 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

This. You have working papers and the ability to do lawn work. There should be a sea of jobs available to you.

Don't use all the money for paintball, consider yourself lucky that your dad is willing to match what you make. Put 50% in the bank, 25% for hobbies, 25% for friends (food, movies). Paintball should be just about the very last thing to spend your money on, it's a hobby, real life and your future comes first.

You might disagree with that and spend it all on paintball, but I hope you realize your parents aren't going to pay your rent and buy you gas in 5 years, best to learn how to manage money now.
Paintball isnt part of "real life"? Im pretty sure it exists...

#17 Justin B.

Justin B.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:04 PM

I think he decided against this because he realized how much I could make and how hard I would try. I would probably run him dry :P :P.

One Nation

- Cookybiscuit

#18 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,199 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

I mean life outside of hobbies like paintball.  Spending all your money on paintball when you are 2-3 years away from driving is just about the stupidest thing you can do. 

#19 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,916 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:31 PM

So who's getting married? 

#20 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 03:55 PM

I mean life outside of hobbies like paintball.  Spending all your money on paintball when you are 2-3 years away from driving is just about the stupidest thing you can do. 

I disagree, I am getting my license soon and about 85% of my money is getting pumped into paintball. Great decision IMO.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users