11 replies to this topic

#1 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

I havent played paintball since 04 

I used to be sponsored from a local field that has changed owners and not really looking for that at the moment. But I want to jump in the deep end. Some of my buddies didnt want to do airsoft like I was doing with my wifes younger brother.

So now I am looking for a few things and not looking to get a huge debate but here is my gun history

Had a impluse back when they were the big cheese

then I had a shocker fully modded 

DM4

and a timmy 04

Price is really not a concern 

I was debating between in order or what I was considering

Ego lv1

Luxe 2.0 (only because unlike mike I did enjoy smart parts) 

Vcom

DM 13

The reason for the list is personally back in the day spools for me personally seemed to be a little more nit picky as well as problematic. I was good at working on the timmy and shocker the dm always seemed to be a nightmare. Thats why the dm13 is at the bottom just didnt have a good history with dye anything gear etc. 

The egos at the top just because it same level as all the rest with much more basic up keep. But I am no expert and things have changed in the game night and day so I want your guys options. 

I have so far only been able to hold the ego lv1 and dm13 both felt great huge improvements since I last played with guns weighing in at 4-5lbs.

Also I was wondering what were some of the best paintball pants on the market.

I used to love the JT with huge pads really looking for pants that have great knee support built in I hate wearing knee pads underneath or on top of the knee hinders too much movement. 

And lastly I have a fully upped halo hopper with a upgraded feed cone. Are the new hoppers really worth going to? I have seen all of them and other then weight the halo will still be fine for 15bps semi or 12.5 psp? 

Edited by ballsonyourface3395, 07 September 2013 - 03:49 AM.

#2 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:49 AM

you are fine with a halo however the advantages of the superloaders would be no tools required to take it apart, lower profile unless you get a pinokio, and have anti-jam systems or measurements in place.

Lulzjustacat.png

#3 houstonheatfan

houstonheatfan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 07:39 AM

if u can i prefer the geo 3 or lv1 with virtue spire and 68/4500 ninja tank

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:00 AM

If you really liked your old Timmy, I'm going to suggest a G6R as it is the newest iteration of the intimidator line of markers.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Luxes are failrly easy to maintain IMO. If you could keep an unsprung Shocker working youll be fine with the Luxe. The LV1 is incredible for a stacked tube poppet though too. You should check out the Clone GTi while youre at it too.

#6 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 10:54 AM

Im going to say 2012 g6r as well
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#7 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 02:10 PM

hopper wise I was thinking of a spire. But these new ones even dye rotor seem weak compared to the halo b and empire b. I still replaced shells on them due to hard play I feel like I would destroy all these new ones?!? But again maybe they are stronger then they look so I am all ears. I do like how far hoppers have come along.

I am also looking at the g6r will see 

luxe is easier then the shocker to maintain?

#8 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 03:44 PM

A Luxe is a Shocker with a sprung bolt, lack of macroline, and talking board, so it will pretty much be the same as a Shocker. Also, the Rotor has an incredibly tough shell, as does the Spire. Definitely stronger than a Halo shell. 

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#9 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:38 PM

Cool thats what I wanted to hear. Are halo b worth anything or should I just keep it as my backup? I was seriously looking at the spire was the lightest one and looked pretty cool. I love virtue so sounds like my hopper.

Is the luxe really an amazing gun? Scares me a little to compare anything smart parts to high end? Reviews seem amazing I guess just still stuck on a old school mind set...

#10 ballsonyourface3395

ballsonyourface3395

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 07 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

Thanks guys for your help

Hey wanted to see what you guys thought of these pants? My local shop new owner has been trying to build a store brand of paintball apparel and these pants look good and the price is right. I have seen them in person and they look good just wanted to know if there were other brands that have a little more feedback?

http://www.disruptiv...p/dppantsg2.htm

They remind me up crye designed pants (Special Forces configured) Is it weird to ask them if I can try them on? I know I said price isnt a concern while it isnt I dont want to just waste money on something either.... 

#11 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:15 AM

if you want a DM, you should wait for cup, once cup comes around in October DM13 prices are going to drop like rocks. If you want a timmy, like taL suggested the G6R is a great gun and should be alittle familiar, Luxes are always an amazing choice that hold their value better and longer then any other gun named. there are also some really cool newer guns coming out such as the J4 torque. But if I were you I would wait until world cup to see if any companies blow your mind.

109.gif

#12 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,817 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

hopper wise I was thinking of a spire. But these new ones even dye rotor seem weak compared to the halo b and empire b. I still replaced shells on them due to hard play I feel like I would destroy all these new ones?!? But again maybe they are stronger then they look so I am all ears. I do like how far hoppers have come along.

I am also looking at the g6r will see 

luxe is easier then the shocker to maintain?

The rotor and most of the other new loaders are much stronger than your old halo, pick any of them they'll all work better than what you have lol
Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users