Photo

Have you guys done an accuracy test from gun to gun?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 -ORaNGe-

-ORaNGe-

No Bullshit Kinda Guy

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,233 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 02:36 PM

IE separated out the factor that the gun's mechanism itself imparts on accuracy, so if you used the same paint, same barrel and perhaps the same HPR and shot indoors you'd see the effects of going from platform to platform eliminating the whole "This gun shoots flatter" or "This gun has drop off" shens?

#2 pbhippo

pbhippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 01:17 AM

I would probably say you would have to use same barrel. Reballs and not just regular paint because paint are not always consistent in shape unless your paying for like 100 dollar paintballs erhm and even those my have little inconsistencies. I would probably use the same regulator's. Dont know how this would work on guns with lpr and etc. But this is just my opinion 

Loadout:

Mask: Eflex

Markers:G6r/ Protege/ Nt10/ Azodin Kaos Pump LE/ Invert Mini/ Dangerous Power g4/ Proto slg 09

Tank: SLP Ninja 68/45

Hopper: Empire Prophecy

#3 steadian

steadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:37 PM

Can't really see how gun to gun would affect it at all, as long as you are setting the fps to the same chrono gun to gun and using the same barrel those are the two main variables that would affect accuracy?

#4 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Can't really see how gun to gun would affect it at all, as long as you are setting the fps to the same chrono gun to gun and using the same barrel those are the two main variables that would affect accuracy?

You underestimate the power of the bolt young padawan.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#5 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

And what power would that be?

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#6 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:04 PM

And what power would that be?

I have no idea. I just have a feeling that the way different bolts distribute the air onto the ball might affect accuracy.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#7 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,018 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Nope; that does not happen.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT 09 Impulse HB REV-i Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor Grillz PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

Closer & Angel A1 F/S/T

#8 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,162 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:08 PM

Nope; that does not happen.

Physics n shit.

#9 your_colourful_elimination

your_colourful_elimination

• Members
  • Pip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 04:01 AM

Same barrel + same velocity + same paint (hald selected beforehand) = same results

How the marker operates would ONLY slightly affect changes in barrel elevation and aim. More to do with the shooter's hand than anything. Heavier marker, barrel, regulator and tank set-ups mean quicker fatigue. Heavy bolt shaking the hand means barrel jerks.

Marker selection is about on-the-field reliability, ease of maintainance, and budget more than anything.

#10 Lotus

Lotus

Tech Guy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,929 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:27 AM

The only things that determine accuracy are:

the velocity of the ball right after it exits the barrel (direction, speed)

the spin on the ball right after it exits the barrel

the shape of the ball

It has been shown in the lab that huge amounts of spin (like on the Apex and Flatline barrel), are required in order for it to become a significant factor. Dirt and debris can affect the spin as well as the shape (a ball with some paint on the outside of the shell has its weight off balance). Alien's sweep bolt does not provide enough spin to matter. There's really absolutely nothing you can do to improve accuracy once you have a clean setup shooting good paint at consistent velocity.

Posted Image

#11 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,595 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:45 AM

There's really absolutely nothing you can do to improve accuracy once you have a clean setup shooting good paint at consistent velocity.

Well, nothing pertaining to your gear...

#12 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 11:57 PM

Sweep bolt come on guys! A quality bolt from a quality company and a nice owner to boot. Shit do I have that backwards?

#13 steadian

steadian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,901 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 01:27 PM

hasn't there been testing from punkworks showing the sweep bolt dosn't have enough of an effect to make a differance on paint trajectory?  Just looking at the apex and flatline it takes pretty drastic measures to be able to make enough spin on the ball to be able to have an effect. Now I'm sure the bolt can play a little bit of a factor with things like being gentle on the ball as to not deform it or provide a nice smooth air path and things like that

#14 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:41 AM

There's really absolutely nothing you can do to improve accuracy once you have a clean setup shooting good paint at consistent velocity.

Well, nothing pertaining to your gear...

This.

There are two different sets of accuracy that matter in paintball.

First is the equipment.  We've never really found anything outside of paint quality and reasonable consistency to matter to the accuracy of a bench clamped gun.  That's just the base line.

The second is the interaction between the gun and the player - which is far and away more important.  How comfortable the gun is, how easy it is to point and how well it operates in your hand is massively important to the effectiveness of your gun.  This leads people to making unrealistic but understandable claims about certain guns.  I know that I shoot some of my guns better than others - however, this doesn't mean that those guns are intrinsically more accurate - it's just that I'm better at shooting some of them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users