Photo

Upset with the price of paint for poor quality. Look!

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:24 PM

Hey guys. So yesterday i went paintballing at my local field and paid $60 for a case of Marballizer "Professional Grade Paint" and they shot alright. When i got home to further examine the paint i realized that alot of paintballs had "warts" on them that protruding too far for more liking. Im getting really mad when i spend ALOT of MONEY on paint and I just recieve crap. So in my anger i decided to count all the paintballs that were left in my caddy and i found 44 of those "warted" paintballs out of 518 total. So you knows how many i shot yesterday with out knowing but i know i had a lot of flyers which is always frustrating. Take a look at the picture posted and you will see for yourself the evidence of POOR quality control. I guess companies these days just dont care about the customer and just about the amount of money that they put in their pocket. [/URL]">http://HPIM2579_zpsef880a98.jpg

GOG Extcy, Tippmann 98 Custom, Tippmann Project Salvo, Azodin Kaos - Black, Tippmann Tipx(SOLD), Planet Eclipse Etha(SOLD), GOG Enmey - Freak Green and JT Z100 Pistol(WHY NOT!)

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#2 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:43 PM

That's strange. Marbalizers are ALWAYS perfect when I buy then. No dimples, no warts, no nothing. Did you buy your paint from a place that stores it correctly and was it fresh? If it wasn't you can't blame the manifacterer for the defects
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#3 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 03:53 PM

I know it is a store in a climant control building properly. I am pretty sure that it is fresh. I really dont think old age would cause the shell to wart. it seems as if the shell where the wart is, is significantly thinner than any where else on the paintball which made me think that is manufacturer defect. I do agree with about marballizer being good but for some reason it wasnt this batch.

GOG Extcy, Tippmann 98 Custom, Tippmann Project Salvo, Azodin Kaos - Black, Tippmann Tipx(SOLD), Planet Eclipse Etha(SOLD), GOG Enmey - Freak Green and JT Z100 Pistol(WHY NOT!)

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

#4 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 04:45 PM

Well being old does affect the quality of the paint. Also, if it was a manufacturer defect, the shell wouldn't be thinner in some spots. That means it was under heat which caused the shell to swell causing the wart. It may have been the store, you (if you kept it in storage before use), or the shipping company.
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#5 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:08 PM

I know it is a store in a climant control building properly. I am pretty sure that it is fresh. I really dont think old age would cause the shell to wart. it seems as if the shell where the wart is, is significantly thinner than any where else on the paintball which made me think that is manufacturer defect. I do agree with about marballizer being good but for some reason it wasnt this batch.

Bad batch exposed to heat. That's really what it looks like.

#6 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,299 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 05:19 PM

You get Marbs for $60 a case? That's cheap. Even online stores are selling it for $75.

Also, this doesn't seem too uncommon to me when Marbs is the paint in question. Marbs has been shit as of recently. The field I work at got a horrendous shipment. Every case had 1 or 2 broken balls in almost every bag.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#7 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 483 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:56 PM

The last time I had balls do that I had laid the gun on the hot pavement of the parking lot. In was on the ground for 2 minutes while we were packing up. I got home and dumped the hopper into the caddy. A few balls were still in the hopper- I pulled them out and saw they were stuck together. It had been around 100 that day.

I had to hunt through the caddy and find all the bad balls that I had dumped into it.

I inspect my paint before I load it into the caddy.

It had to have been over 110 on the pavement. The heat cooked them.

Edited by r45vt, 08 September 2013 - 07:17 PM.

#8 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,522 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 07:00 PM

Never had marbs act up that way. That's weird stuff
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#9 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 08 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

You get Marbs for $60 a case? That's cheap. Even online stores are selling it for $75.

Also, this doesn't seem too uncommon to me when Marbs is the paint in question. Marbs has been shit as of recently. The field I work at got a horrendous shipment. Every case had 1 or 2 broken balls in almost every bag.

My field has marbs for 50. And they're good too.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#10 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

i really fpo places they hike up the price by like 30$ for "premium paint" that is shit, i.e rocks filled with water.

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#11 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 09:23 PM

Marbs have recently been not as good as back in the day. They used to be very good. Now they are good, but not as quality as before.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#12 Cyco-Dude

Cyco-Dude

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:56 AM

yeah, my field had them $50 a case (promotion), and i got a box of oily, horrendously out-of-round paint. kee sent me a half-case as a replacement, and there were broken balls in both bags. the boxes kee / empire uses are too small, the cardboard itself is too thin, and i think they don't ship them with adaquate impact protection (at least the case they sent me wasn't).

personally i think they're trying to save a few bucks by doing this, and it just ends up biting them in the ass and hurting their reputation. i agree with others the quality is not what it used to be, and i was buying rps marballizers and premiums nearly 20 years ago! i want those paintballs back. fun fact, 20 years ago a case was 2,500 paintballs.

#13 woodsballer23

woodsballer23

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 05:54 AM

thanks everyone for the feedback so far. hopefully things will change soon

*BALLER FOR CHRIST*

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users