11 replies to this topic

#1 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:20 PM

Although I've been playing paintball for 11 years, i'm a newb to scenario's and will be playing in my first big game on the 21st at Wayne's World... So my question to my techpb family is: what do i need to know?? What's important to remember to bring and do with a big game in contrast to playing recball and speedball?? Any info, advice/suggestions, would be awesome.

For example, how many pods are good to take with me to make sure i have plenty of paint (but not too heavy that i get weighed down)?
Thoughts on camelbacks? And how they relate to wearing them plus a big pod pack (tried it on yesterday and it felt cumbersome and awkward)...etc, etc, etc amongst any other things you can think of

#2 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

Hydrate is #1. Camelbak's are awesome, you'll forget it's there after a while. Also avoid eating large meals. Snack regularly throughout the day. Large meals flood the stomach and gut with blood (the muscles around them, not your actual stomach lol) robbing your muscles of blood and by association oxygen. Plus i always feel nauseous if I exert after eating too much.

Don't be afraid to communicate and ask questions of your teammates even if you don't know them. Knowing objectives and where on the field you can be most useful will help your team rack up a win. Have a blast man.

#3 MattCej

MattCej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:27 PM

Sweet, flight of the phoenix right? I'm planning on going to that and it's my first scenario too. One question that I had was how they are going to do squads within the teams, or however they're gonna do that since I'm probably gonna have to go by myself. For people who have been to scenarios, each one is probably different but am I going to be on my own having to find a group that will let me tag along with them if I don't want to just lone wolf it the whole time? Or are they going to organize a certain number of squads with a certain number of people to each squad or something?

EDIT: Sorry OP I didn't mean to try to jack your thread, lol. I personally bought a BT Static vest and 2 2+3pod packs on sale at ansgear to attach to it, which I think will be plenty for the event. The vest was $19 and the pod pack attachments were like $8 each. The vest also has a sleeve for a camelbak.

Edited by MattCej, 10 September 2013 - 09:41 PM.

#4 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:05 PM

Are you going to be camping for the event? 

Remember to bring camping stuff if so. I know it sounds dumb but double check your stuff. Make sure your tent is complete and that any camping provisions (Cott, mat, Sleeping bag, extra clothes) are all in order.

Double check your gear and make sure its good to go before you leave. You don't want to be "That Guy" who didn't check his stuff and has to sit out at the beginning of the game because his gear didn't work. By that make sure its all clean and ready to play. 

Get there early to beat the crowds to the sign up/ check in booth. 

Hydrate the day before, this is important. Hydrate throughout the day. Got a second to rest? Drink some water. Don't chug but sip aswell.

Wear what you feel is comfortable, there is no reason to play if you don't feel comfortable. 

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#5 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:09 PM

Title:

Scenario Bewbs?

Spoiler

Why not Scenario Ass?

Spoiler

#6 bowmasta

bowmasta

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 421 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:13 PM

Why not Scenario Ass?

Spoiler

Dat Butt, I liked the girl in Pink the best.

What?! I'm all out of powdered toast?!

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Nope, the winner (this girl) had the best ass in the line up. 

/endtangent

#8 MattCej

MattCej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:32 AM

are those pictures from living legends?

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

• Members
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 12:55 AM

are those pictures from living legends?

yes

#10 MattCej

MattCej

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:13 AM

Damn Gucci.

#11 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Thanks for the info so far guys, eat smaller meals is huge as far as info is concerned so thanks for that! I will indeed be at Flight of the Phoenix, so i hope to see some fellow techpber's out there :) MattCej, you can deff tag along with my squad brotha.

I'm glad my camelbak purchase was not a waste, whew! I look forward to using that for the 1st time. Check, re-check and check my gear again, eh? Check!

Those bewbs aint got nun on dat ass doe....WOW shoulda gone to Legends this year i knew it! Lol thanks Jurz, you da Man

#12 PrimeTimePred

PrimeTimePred

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 358 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

Any more advice for this Bewb?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users