• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 anth1165

anth1165

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

Alright, so If I could get one of these two guns for the same price used, which would you pick and why? I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place here. Thanks in advance for your help..

PS. I wasn't sure if this should be in this thread, or the equipment advice thread. It could kind of fit in both

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,068 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:12 PM

Demon, I don't hear about problems with them.

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 11:41 PM

Neither. Id take a Clone or DM over either.

My friend owns a Demon and still doesnt know what lube to actually use hecause there are so many suggested. Due to this he has had to deal with leaks.

Whatever you do dont buy a Vapor.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 11 September 2013 - 11:41 PM.

#4 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:09 AM

Neither. Id take a Clone or DM over either.
My friend owns a Demon and still doesnt know what lube to actually use hecause there are so many suggested. Due to this he has had to deal with leaks.
Whatever you do dont buy a Vapor.

If you wanted a vapor you might as well get a luxe and pay a little more for not having to be worrying if your gun will work or not
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#5 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 10:17 AM

I've owned two 2013 demons and a vapor. They're both fine markers if you're not a dumbass. 

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 11:54 AM

I will stand by my opinion that the Vapor and Demon have no qualities that make them worth purchasing over other spools in the price range.

PLENTY of people keep Shockers and Luxes running just fine. I really doubt every dumbass with $1600 went out and bought a Vapor.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 12 September 2013 - 11:55 AM.

#7 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,667 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 01:33 PM

So how exactly are they not worth purchasing over other spool valves? 

I currently shoot a nice shocker and am a huge fan of luxes, droids and clones... but that doesn't mean the 2013 demon or even a v3 vapor isn't worth the purchase, especially for the price they sell at nowadays.

I mean you can pick up a perfectly fine v3 demon or V3 vapor for around the $500 and have an amazing shooter at a great price. I'd take either, but that doesn't mean I wouldn't consider a VX or a luxe in that price range also. I'm all about personal preference, so choose whatever tickles your fancy. 

I will say this though. My first Demon was probably the smoothest marker I've had and I was pulling 10-11 pods off of a 68/45. I was waiting on the field while people with egos, geos and Dms had to go to the fill station... how is that not a worthy quality? Sure the overall build quality, feel, and styling could have been better, but the demons did shoot fantastic despite all that. 

As for vapors, sure, they had more issues than not. I must have been doing something right when I had mine, I guess knowing how the marker works goes a long way when it comes to maintenance and adjusting the settings, pressure, etc. There are people who really do like them, and there are people who hate them. Take it for what it is, but I really liked mine. It just always worked and shot great for me.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#8 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 02:07 PM

My ONLY issue with the Demon is that people are suggesting damn near every lube in existence (including vaseline) for use on them. It is all personal preference for electros and all Im saying is that there is no concrete reason to pick either of these.

I still wouldnt buy the Vapor just because to me its not worth the risk of something going wrong; I am very careful with my money. I have seen too many people get burned by Machine.

#9 anth1165

anth1165

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:23 PM

The only reason I picked these two guns is because I can get both of them for about 500 dollars each.. And a clone or a luxe doesn't fit in that price range

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,788 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:35 PM

The only reason I picked these two guns is because I can get both of them for about 500 dollars each.. And a clone or a luxe doesn't fit in that price range

You can get a Clone VX'ed for under $500 EASILY. $500 is overpriced for a Vapor too; good price for a Demon though.

#11 anth1165

anth1165

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 04:42 PM

Well I was think of a Clone GT for some reason :P

You can get a Clone VX'ed for under $500 EASILY. $500 is overpriced for a Vapor too; good price for a Demon though.

#12 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:22 PM

Well I was think of a Clone GT for some reason :P

Look into dm 11-12 in that price range too
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#13 vector911

vector911

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

I picked up a cheap 2013 demon with a leak, thinking that like all spoolie marker leaks it would be a no-brainer fix.  $20 in specialty o-rings (with plenty o extras) later, fresh clean, slick honey, and the damn thing still leaked occasionally.  Had to re-clean, rebuild with dow55, and all fresh o-rings a second time to make it stop.  Shot really well, but I'd take a simple shocker or DM over it. 

To date only a problematic Angel A1 compares to how many times I had to take that damn demon apart.  Both markers traumatized me to never deal with them again.

#14 winning?

winning?

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

dont pick the vapor if youre planning on playing semi. i have a blue one and the trigger is heavy as shit and i cant find a replacement for it. i wouldnt worry about the problems with the vapors mechanically though. any idiot that can use dow 33 and read an oring chart can maintain one...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Demon, vapor, machine, vanguard

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users