• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 paintballstolemyheart32

paintballstolemyheart32

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:00 PM

hey im fairly new to tournies, im realy eiger to get a team together nd jump in a tourny...any advice on how to get sum financial support or sumtin? nd any hints on a begginer team? also i wuz wondering how to get sponsered...help?

#2 paintball-is-me

paintball-is-me

CEP

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:17 PM

i would advise not even trying for a sponser yet.. like mike said companies arent going to sponser teams that wont get noticed
but here is some advice anyway

1= GET NOTICED start playing bigger tournaments
2=GET BETTER start practicing more
3= atleast LOOK PROFESSIONAL get pants and actually look like you know what your doing
4= ASK AROUND if you have any realtives that own or in a company (a small one) ask them
5= start going to local fields and talk to them, fields alotta time offer sponserships to their players
6= once you get a sponser THANK THEM CONSTANTLY everytime you see them try to do some promotions for them call them up let them know how thankful you are

#3 Ubersmack

Ubersmack

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

Here is a funny little article on how to NOT get sponsored, good read. what not to do

On that note, you are going to want to actually get your team together first. After this is done, you guys need to actually play for a bit. Just about no one is going to sponsor a team that does not actually exist yet. You to need to get together, play hard, get you name out there. Then sponsors will be more likely to help your team out.

For a new team just starting out, a good place to start would be your local paintball field. Approach them and state your interest. If you play on their field a lot you may be able to start out with things like cheaper to free field fee's, discounts on paint, discounts on gear (if they have a shop). This is the first step in moving up with sponsors. Eventually they may pick you up as a team and do what they can to outfit you.

And finally, good luck and just keep playing :)
------------------------------------
New Scenario/woodsball players - PM me with any questions you may randomly be wondering about

Wisconsin residents - PM if you are interested in joining a Scenario team in the lower half of the state

#4 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:24 PM

rule number one be prepared to get turned down a lot.

- ask your local field if that could sponsor you and give you discounts, in exchange for helping out around the field ( blowing up bunkers etc).

- ask local businesses for sponsor ships in exchange you make a banner representing them and you take it every where.

- make a team website at least a myspace.

- make a team resume and print this out and take it when you as for sponsorships.

- prove to people that your team can truly help there business and you will represent that business well.

#5 TheLaughingMan

TheLaughingMan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:27 PM

I'm not sure but there might be a thread on this. I'll try and find it and make a link for now I'll answer you're question though.

First thing you need to do is get a committed group of players together that will put time aside to practice once or twice a month just to ease into it. You can practice more as you get more involved. A good way to start is with friends if any of you're friends play you already have some chemistry, if not try and find players in you're area. You can put up flyers in you're school or local field saying you're looking for teammates. If you run into someone on you're field you really get along with ask them.

Once you have the amount of players you want on you're team you could set up a couple of times to practice each month and figure out what position everybody will be. These practices should include conditioning drills, and teamwork drills. You can practice these without paint. I'll give a few examples of good drills to get you're team organized.

Break Drill: This is very basic but very important. This drill just practices the break you can make designated breakout plays and practice them. Have you're captain go over the plan before you do it and then have someone yell break. You all run to you're positions with you're eyes upfield and pretending to aim downfield. When everyone is in there spot regroup and do it again.

Cover Drills: Again you don't need paint for this and you can practice communication skills. Do you're breakout then communicate with you're team and slowly move up the field until you're at the opposite end of the field.

Bunker Defense Drills: This is probably better with paint because it really can't be simulated without it. Have one player try and bunker a defender and the defender has to prevent it, simple but a must because it's nice to know how to protect yourself from bunkering because it will happen.

For Sponsors: Be professional, a good role model, outgoing, be an active member at you're field. If you're field is hosting an event talk to the vendors, show them that you're the guy they would want advertising for them. If they think you're a regular and see a lot of people from the field showing you respect thats the player they want advertising for them. Its not all about owning people but having there respect who would you listen to advice from more a jerk who is a good player or a good player who has helped you out before, the answer is obvious. Having a few torneys under you're belt will help too.

Hope this helps I'm gonna look for that link now though. Ok no link but you can go to the regional area and put up a add for players and sponsors in the State Section that may help.

#6 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 02 October 2008 - 11:36 PM

I'm not sure but there might be a thread on this. I'll try and find it and make a link for now I'll answer you're question though.

First thing you need to do is get a committed group of players together that will put time aside to practice once or twice a month just to ease into it. You can practice more as you get more involved. A good way to start is with friends if any of you're friends play you already have some chemistry, if not try and find players in you're area. You can put up flyers in you're school or local field saying you're looking for teammates. If you run into someone on you're field you really get along with ask them.

Once you have the amount of players you want on you're team you could set up a couple of times to practice each month and figure out what position everybody will be. These practices should include conditioning drills, and teamwork drills. You can practice these without paint. I'll give a few examples of good drills to get you're team organized.

Break Drill: This is very basic but very important. This drill just practices the break you can make designated breakout plays and practice them. Have you're captain go over the plan before you do it and then have someone yell break. You all run to you're positions with you're eyes upfield and pretending to aim downfield. When everyone is in there spot regroup and do it again.

Cover Drills: Again you don't need paint for this and you can practice communication skills. Do you're breakout then communicate with you're team and slowly move up the field until you're at the opposite end of the field.

Bunker Defense Drills: This is probably better with paint because it really can't be simulated without it. Have one player try and bunker a defender and the defender has to prevent it, simple but a must because it's nice to know how to protect yourself from bunkering because it will happen.

For Sponsors: Be professional, a good role model, outgoing, be an active member at you're field. If you're field is hosting an event talk to the vendors, show them that you're the guy they would want advertising for them. If they think you're a regular and see a lot of people from the field showing you respect thats the player they want advertising for them. Its not all about owning people but having there respect who would you listen to advice from more a jerk who is a good player or a good player who has helped you out before, the answer is obvious. Having a few torneys under you're belt will help too.

Hope this helps I'm gonna look for that link now though. Ok no link but you can go to the regional area and put up a add for players and sponsors in the State Section that may help.

+1 with this post.

there is some info about sponsor ships in my guide .>>my guide

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users