• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mrfixit09

mrfixit09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:05 PM

So I just picked up an piranha bl vf g3 and a vl Orion for a little to nothing yesterday. They were in need of some tlc for sure. I cleaned the g3 and got it put back together and shot it a few times. It seemed to shoot pretty good other than the fact that it will double fire and/or not recock itself sometimes. I pulled it apart and saw that the sear and hammer looked pretty worn. I filed the sear down to a good sharp edge again an did some to the hammer. But I couldn't get the the hammer quite as good as I'd have liked. After doing this I put it back together and shoot it some more. It seemed to help a lot but it still did it a couple of times. I'm thinking that I might have just been low on co2 though. I'm going to try again with a fresh tank later. Was I heading in the right direct with my problem solving? Or is there something else that might be amiss? Where would I be able to get a new hammer if needed? Also are there parts or upgrades still available for this or compatible parts that would work? Such as bolts, strikers, x-chambers, etc.

The Orion needed new rings and a way past due cleaning. It has paint gummed up in the bolt tube. I haven't gotten it cleaned up yet to try it out. I was wondering the same for this one about the parts and upgrades. I know that spyder parts are probably going to be compatible but what parts from which spyders? I bought these to clean up and try to resale them but I've taking a shining to them and know that they'll both make good backup markers for me and the lady. So I'm looking to fix them up a lil nicer and upgraded a bit more. I'm especially interested in x-chambers to stabilize the velocity. I know hpa would be better but where I play it's not readily available. I plan to get new barrels for them both. I'm looking at j&j's but I've considered other brands and even kits for the piranha. What are some recommendations on barrels? Keep in mind I'm on a budget for these setups so I cant afford the high end stuff lol. What would be some upgrades for the internals that everyone would suggest and where could I get them? I'm just trying to plan out how I want to set these up so I'm looking for suggestions on different types of setups.

#2 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Pull start me and I'm yours ;)

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,616 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:17 PM

The recocking issue could be a combination of the sear and stryker o-ring (but if that looks fine it's probably not part of the issue), but if it's recocking consistently enough with just a hiccup here and there, it might just be the hammer and sear if you try again with a full tank of air and it's still doing it.

I believe standard Spyder valves and any aftermarket valves designed for Spyders should fit fine, same thing for the hammers and springs, no idea on what bolts are compatible though. When you say x-chamber, which part are you referring to exactly? Also, in your case, it sounds like C02 is fine, especially since HPA isn't very available.

As for a barrel, the cheapest and best quality option would be CP one piece barrels. They're light, good quality, have a nice hone to the inside. How's the inside of the stock barrels look?

Edited by andrewthewookie, 13 September 2013 - 06:17 PM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#3 mrfixit09

mrfixit09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Ok that's what I was thinking on the compatibility of parts. By x-chamber I'm talking about an expansion chamber or even a regulator. I'm wanting to get the piranha as accurate as I can. I'll have to check out the cp barrels. I haven't looked much into those but have heard good things. Thanks for the help. I'm looking forward to playing with these soon.

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Pull start me and I'm yours ;)

• Chat Coordinator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,616 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:59 PM

Gotcha, that makes sense. Anyway, you might see a slight change in accuracy over the stock barrels, since I've seen some really badly honed stock barrels on guns like that. The best combination for accuracy is gonna be a well honed, clean barrel and decent quality paint.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#5 mrfixit09

mrfixit09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:32 AM

Hey andrewthewookie thanks for your help. I go the Orion back in working order yesterday. The piranha still isn't working. I repaired the hammer and sear. I even tried different drive springs. I did read somewhere that it might be the hammer oring. I got to looking at it today and the ring looks good but it almost looks like a tank oring. It fits on the hammer but it doesn't seem to fit the tube very well. It's real loose fitting, or man than I would think that it should be. How tight should the hammer and ring fit in the tube?

By the way to answer your question about the barrels, they seem to be in pretty good condition. I didn't see any scratches or blemishes in them.

Edited by mrfixit09, 19 September 2013 - 11:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users