• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rastabanana

rastabanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:04 PM

I ordered a Tippmann TiPX deluxe kit off of ansgear. I installed the remote line adapter kit, and then went to shoot it. When I aired up the gun, it had a TINY leak coming from what sounded like the regulator, I could only hear it if I put my ear on the bottom of the magwell, without a mag inside. Then, after shooting it a few times, the leak stayed the same. (about 9 mags through). Then I put it away for the day. I took it apart first, lubed everything, blah blah blah, all the orings are fine,yadadada. Then the next day, same thing. When I started shooting it though, the leak got worse. Then I turned off the air supply, then shot all the air out, started the air supply back up, then the leak stopped. Then it started again when I shot it. So I took it apart, took the reg apart, cleaned the reg (I found a shaving of plastic when I drilled the remote line in the reg). Then it stopped for about 2 mags. Third mag it starts to leak again, really annoyed, took it apart again, cleaned everything, reset the pressure thing, then it stopped for the day. Today, when I aired up the gun and before I took any shots, the leak was really really bad, like a steady, loud, SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. So I came onto this forum. I don't know what is wrong, but when I squeeze the receiver halves together, the leak stops, and when I stop squeezing, the leak is worse than before. It was a brand new gun, please help.

Budget Ballers FTW

#2 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 06:09 PM

try tightening down the two reciever halves of it stopped the leak before

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#3 rastabanana

rastabanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:38 PM

Thanks space cowboy, but I fixed it. If anyone is having the same problem, take it apart. On the valve assembly, on the right side, there is a piece that sticks out, and has 2 small allen bolts. Mine had a LOT of play in it, tighten it down hard, I tightened it down not hard enough, and when you shoot, that gets loosened. Tighten that down, and your problems should be fixed.

Budget Ballers FTW

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,352 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

If its coming loose when you're shooting, throw some blue locktite on it.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 rastabanana

rastabanana

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:02 PM

It just wasn't tightened down when I bought it, and you have to tighten it down hard. Thanks anyway.

Budget Ballers FTW

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: tipx, tippmann, pistol, help, regulator, reg, new gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users