• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 CampinNewbie

CampinNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 09:59 PM

I just ordered a project salvo and I'm like semi new to the paintball world. I was hoping I could get some advice on upgrades and ad-ons for the gun. Plus I Aldo have a 2012 spyder fenix is there any upgrades for that?

Please and thank you

#2 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,789 posts

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:24 PM

Leave it stock. Upgrades for tippmanns become absolute money pits with little reward for the money you put into the gun.

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#3 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:00 AM

^This

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#4 CampinNewbie

CampinNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:05 PM

Leave it stock. Upgrades for tippmanns become absolute money pits with little reward for the money you put into the gun.

Would putting an egrip or a longer barrel since it has an 11 inch barrel help at all

#5 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:25 PM

No

#6 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

If you want an upgrade don't accept it when it arrives and return it for an SP1.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#7 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:12 PM

You bought beginner markers and should be treated as such. It is like how you do not put the cost of a used car back into the car (i.e. a $4000 honda accord with $4000 worth of modifications). With the money you spent you may as well have bought something better. Have fun with your markers and just shoot them. If it aint broke dont fix it.  

Also because I know what you were getting at asking about a barrel.

THERE IS NO WAY a barrel can every effect accuracy EVER.

#8 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:02 PM

If you want an upgrade don't accept it when it arrives and return it for an SP1.

Interested in DMs, NTs, and Dye Cockers

- Dye Owners Club -

South Florida Shockers #16

#9 CampinNewbie

CampinNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Stupid question I know but what's an SP1? Sorry

You bought beginner markers and should be treated as such. It is like how you do not put the cost of a used car back into the car (i.e. a $4000 honda accord with $4000 worth of modifications). With the money you spent you may as well have bought something better. Have fun with your markers and just shoot them. If it aint broke dont fix it.  

Well I've always read that a longer barrel will help with distance. But what helps with accuracy then?

#10 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:27 PM

Stupid question I know but what's an SP1? Sorry

Well I've always read that a longer barrel will help with distance. But what helps with accuracy then?

An SP1 is a much better marker. Return the salvo and get one.

Velocity and spin determine distance, not the length of the barrel. Having a clean gun and a good reg will help with accuracy and consistency. The salvo doesn't have a reg so it's consistency will be awful. The SP1 has a reg.

Interested in DMs, NTs, and Dye Cockers

- Dye Owners Club -

South Florida Shockers #16

#11 Pumpy

Pumpy

A.K.A Captain Canada

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 176 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:46 PM

Yes get an SP1. I have the G1 which is the newer model. Both are amazing shooters, you'll thank us later.

#12 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 03:52 PM

The Smart Parts SP1 is an electro pneumatic milsim style marker put out by smart parts. Its based on the Vibe Platform and bolt and for the money is a significantly better marker than the Project Salvo. It already has different fire modes such as full auto 3 round burst and semi auto. It will be quitter, smoother, lighter and more efficient. 

Also the only way to shoot paint further is to use an Apex or Flatline barrel they impart backspin on paint causing it to fly differently even then the range increase is marginal at best. The only other option is to shoot little finned "first strike" rounds that are rather expensive and impractical. 

As for accuracy, you should buy the best freshest paint you can afford. In my experience fresh RPS Marbalizer makes the grass grow green. Also having a clean gun and barrel helps 10 fold. Everything you might know about firearms ballistics means diddly squat when it comes to paintball they are very light low velocity waterballons being fired from a smoothbore barrel. Rifling will not work either given the nature of paintballs. 

Hope I cleared this up. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#13 CampinNewbie

CampinNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:13 PM

The Smart Parts SP1 is an electro pneumatic milsim style marker put out by smart parts. Its based on the Vibe Platform and bolt and for the money is a significantly better marker than the Project Salvo. It already has different fire modes such as full auto 3 round burst and semi auto. It will be quitter, smoother, lighter and more efficient. 

Also the only way to shoot paint further is to use an Apex or Flatline barrel they impart backspin on paint causing it to fly differently even then the range increase is marginal at best. The only other option is to shoot little finned "first strike" rounds that are rather expensive and impractical. 

As for accuracy, you should buy the best freshest paint you can afford. In my experience fresh RPS Marbalizer makes the grass grow green. Also having a clean gun and barrel helps 10 fold. Everything you might know about firearms ballistics means diddly squat when it comes to paintball they are very light low velocity waterballons being fired from a smoothbore barrel. Rifling will not work either given the nature of paintballs. 

Hope I cleared this up. 

Jus answered all my questions Haha but any comments on the fenix or should I invest in a different gun. I'm not a pro player or anything and here in my town its hard to find hpa that's why I've chosen co2 guns. But is there anything wrong with a fenix or is there any good upgrade whether it be performance or just sexy looks?

#14 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:14 PM

Hope I cleared this up.

Jus answered all my questions Haha but any comments on the fenix or should I invest in a different gun. I'm not a pro player or anything and here in my town its hard to find hpa that's why I've chosen co2 guns. But is there anything wrong with a fenix or is there any good upgrade whether it be performance or just sexy looks?
Sell both and get a gog extcy. You will not regret it.
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#15 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:18 PM

Hope I cleared this up. 

Dont bother putting much of anything into the Phenix it will do everything you need it too for the money. Keep it and play as you play more and get more into the sport you might want to invest into something a little more advanced. Till then save your monay and play. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#16 CampinNewbie

CampinNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

A GoG extcy is an hpa gun isn't it? and that's whats scarce in my town we have co2

I think I'll end up buying the sp1 since its flexible on both co2 and hpa.

Is there any tips and pointers on buying a long distance shooter like sniper type of gun. Just for fun maybe woods ball. I really want to buy a long shot woods ball gun I'm just not good at choosing guns I go for more looks but can someone help me out with performance?

#17 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,664 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:52 PM

A GoG extcy is an hpa gun isn't it? and that's whats scarce in my town we have co2

I think I'll end up buying the sp1 since its flexible on both co2 and hpa.

Is there any tips and pointers on buying a long distance shooter like sniper type of gun. Just for fun maybe woods ball. I really want to buy a long shot woods ball gun I'm just not good at choosing guns I go for more looks but can someone help me out with performance?

Sniping in paintball is highly impractical given the engagement distances you will encounter in a typical match. Paintballs dont have the range nor accuracy needed for long range shooting. If you want a little extra range look into an Apex barrel 

#18 CampinNewbie

CampinNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 04:58 PM

What kind of gun do you recommend I heard a phenom X7 is good for a powerful long shot

#19 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:03 PM

Only way to be a Sniper is to use First strike rounds, other than that every gun will shoot the same distance as long as they are set to the same velocity.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#20 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 11:11 PM

Only way to be a Sniper is to use First strike rounds, other than that every gun will shoot the same distance as long as they are set to the same velocity.

This. Different guns won't shoot further or longer than others because they look like a sniper rifle or have a longer barrel. Anybody who tells you that they will is wrong.

#21 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • 9,054 posts

Posted 16 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

The Extcy is compatible with CO2

2 user(s) are reading this topic