4 replies to this topic

#1 herokight

herokight

STUNTMAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:35 PM

Long story short I was in a terrible car crash a year ago, and (while still recovering) I have just started becoming somewhat active again. I am officially in the worst shape I've ever been in, coming from someone that, while no where NEAR athletic, could sprint a half mile no problem just over a year ago. I want my active lifestyle back, so recently I've been going for long walks everyday and started attempting jogging again. What else could I try? Keep in mind I need to keep it really simple and slow for now, not too strenuous, although I am getting back in the gym once the time is right and I'm comfortable with it.

For those curious, I had a head injury and have been battling post-concussive syndrome and PTSD. I think I may be close to or over the hump now, and although full recovery will take time, it'll come. All things in due time. :tup:

#2 Squad6four

Squad6four

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:31 PM

Good to hear that you are recovering. Now I'm no physical therapist, but I would say you do not need to go to the gym to get back in shape. The key to getting back in shape is keep up the long walks..When you feel comfortable, turn those long walks into jogs, then turn the jogs into running/jogging..

Try to do a minimum of a mile to 1.5miles each time you head out. After a few weeks you will feel a difference. 

MAKE SURE YOU STRETCH BEFORE AND AFTER YOU WALK/JOG!!

Stretching makes a huge difference and will help prevent injury and improve blood flow. 

Once you feel comfortable running/jogging, throw some push ups and sit ups into your daily routine...Make sure you get the technique down, improper technique will cause more harm than good.

Now gyms are a very nice luxury but by no means are they mandatory for getting into shape. Good luck Stuntman, hope to see you on the field soon!

#3 herokight

herokight

STUNTMAN

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

Haha. Thanks. One day I hope to weight lift again like I did, but not anytime soon. Although, I only went to the gym before because it was included in my college fees. I've been keeping the walking up. I actually managed to go five miles last week, even though it took an hour and a half.

FYI: My driving record is actually the reason I changed my member title to stuntman. I have a long history of wrong place, wrong time.

#4 evosamurai

evosamurai

Pumperton

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 01:20 PM

little over a week in, im only down 6 lbs...WHAT!?!? damn i was hoping for more, oh well, keep at it.

Posted Image

#5 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 02:18 PM

little over a week in, im only down 6 lbs...WHAT!?!? damn i was hoping for more, oh well, keep at it.

least you know what you've lost. ive probably gained pounds.

Lulzjustacat.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users