• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 germanpb

germanpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:42 AM

I know you guys have a lot of projects lined up, but I was wondering if or when you guys would test the new regulator from Guerilla (Tiberius)? I am interested in knowing if the claims from the rep here in TechPB are backed up or not (that it out performs all it's competitors).
I really like the reg and am on the fence about it or a Ninja. I'm not big guy and the shorter the air system the better for me.
Unfortunately, I haven't heard much or actually anything about it's performance yet.

#2 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:57 AM

What would be some key things to measure in a regulator's performance:

1. Can it reduce the input pressure down to your desired output pressure?

2. How long is the delay before it can transfer a slug of reduced pressure air again?

3. What happens if the delay period is longer than the required use period? (Do you get a slug of higher/lower pressure air? No transfer at all?)

4. Not exactly a performance claim, but how easy is it to adjust and service?

My understanding of most modern tank regulators is that they are considered to be instantaneous on the recharge delay.  My guess is that for any regulator you can buy, if you can get a "yes" to question 1 and question 2 is "instant", there's going to be hardly any notable difference between regulators for average users.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#3 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:36 PM

I know you guys have a lot of projects lined up, but I was wondering if or when you guys would test the new regulator from Guerilla (Tiberius)? I am interested in knowing if the claims from the rep here in TechPB are backed up or not (that it out performs all it's competitors).

Can you point me to the claims?

#4 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:44 PM

G3-Features.jpg

We are proud to announce the release of the new G3 adjustable position regulator. The G3 allows you to adjust the position of the threads by simply loosening the brass top flange and rotating the brass collar to the desired position without the need to mess with set screws that can easily get lost or strip out.

The G3 regulator is the first Guerrilla Air branded regulator 100% designed and manufactured under Tiberius Arms.

Features include:

-360 Degree Adjustability
-Adjustable Pressure Output
-Extremely Low Fade Rate
-Extremely Fast Recharge Rate
-Hardened Fill Nipple with Conical Strut
-Low Profile Burst Disks
-Durable Brass Top Flange
-Low Profile Body Construction

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#5 brycelarson

brycelarson

Show me the Data!

• 8,590 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:50 PM

That's good writing - no actual claims.  :)

#6 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• 9,121 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:38 PM

for the record though, we do have some testing in this ... area (eh hem) comming up soon

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#7 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

for the record though, we do have some testing in this ... area (eh hem) comming up soon

Can you share the hypothesis that you're going to test?

#8 germanpb

germanpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:39 PM

95socalstang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gio24Dude
We improved the piston; made the regulator more consistent than any other regulator out there in the market and a faster recharge rate than before.

We improved the lock in system on the rotating threads.

On the weight, I need to get back to you on that one, it might be a few ounces more due to the gauge, and brass flange.

Includes shims (not installed, but included), to increase the pressure to 920 PSI.

Silver shim increases 20 PSI increase.
Black shim Increases 40 PSI Increase
Blue shim Increases 60 PSI Increase.

Same length as all of our GA regs.

Includes the conical shape strut on the now new harden steel PRO Fill Nippe.

ELOP, LP, MP, EHP, kits are due in the next 2 or 3 weeks.

This was posted on pbnation from the rep for G.A.
Sorry for reacting so slowly to the posts here, thought I read this hear and have been looking all over for it.

#9 germanpb

germanpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

Also from pbnation, posted also from G.A. rep on 08.07.2013:

Trust me, we took care of the inconsistencies and are now better than any other competitor out there; the ping anomaly is gone as well.

We just shipped out regs to several people out there, including Punkworks, for reviews and to test our claims. Hope to see videos showing up in the upcoming weeks.

#10 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 22,147 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:45 PM

made the regulator more consistent than any other regulator out there in the market

That's quite a claim.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 Feedback - 23/0/0

#11 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:29 PM

I'm curious as to how useful having a consistent tank regulator is in most modern markers today.  Wouldn't the bigger advantage come from a consistent HPR, and if so, could you get the shot consistency you need from the HPR alone (mostly) regardless of how tank air fluctuates?  Maybe a better question would be how inconsistent does a tank regulator have to be in order to affect the HPR consistency?

#12 germanpb

germanpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:21 PM

A question that I have is, if a marker has a low operating pressure and had its own regulator, would it be better for the marker's regulator (more efficient, consistent/fast regulation) if the pressure from the tank is high (800psi) or down close to the regulated pressure that the marker's own reg is trying to hold.

#13 EgoPossum

EgoPossum

Playin' pump & Hurtin' Feelings

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 11:35 AM

A question that I have is, if a marker has a low operating pressure and had its own regulator, would it be better for the marker's regulator (more efficient, consistent/fast regulation) if the pressure from the tank is high (800psi) or down close to the regulated pressure that the marker's own reg is trying to hold.

I know from setting up my own snipers/cocker pumps I usually want at least a 200psi difference between the tank reg and the HPR to make sure that the recharge rate on my HPR doesn't suffer (not enough back pressure to make the internals work properly)

I know that there are some HPRs (CP, Blast, Dye, WDP) on the market that prefer a low pressure (400psi) tanks over a high pressure but most of them are also on built to run on markers that operate >200psi.

I know a few people that switched to SLP regs when they came out and sold them off when they found that their gun ran like crap on them because they lower pressure wasn't enough to make the reg work properly.

I look forwards to the testing that Punkworks is doing in regards to the Myth G3

See if what they state in the adds is more then "snake oil & hype".  I have an old GA Myth that I got when they came out and it worked well on my trusty T2 and stayed there until I rehydro'd the tank and put a Immortal Air reg in its place.

"I shoot pump because it hurts more feelings." -- ryantuomi (heard at Living Legends 2)
"Pumping is about as much a disadvantage for me as shifting is for a Nascar driver" - good buddy of mine said this when we were talking about going against the local tourney team
Thunder Bay Pump Club
Dementia Paintball

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users