19 replies to this topic

#1 cityfrags

cityfrags

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:47 AM

Alright TechPB, I'm not directly asking for tips, but I'm here to spark a conversation between the old and the new.

A few starter topics-

"How do I play doritos better?"

"How do I play snake better?"

"How do I just get better?"

I want to see something magical, GO!

#2 ASIAN invASIANx

ASIAN invASIANx

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:30 AM

Alright TechPB, I'm not directly asking for tips, but I'm here to spark a conversation between the old and the new.

A few starter topics-

what is/are doritos? snake?

#3 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

Practice.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#4 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 11:04 AM

How can I snapshoot better, are there any drills I can do at home? Also, what are some good general tips to keep in mind when snapshooting?

#5 pbhippo

pbhippo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 12:13 PM

Do it infront of a mirror and see how much of you is showing. Try to do it faster and practice a snapshooting battle vs your friend at the field. Things like that

Loadout:

Mask: Eflex

Markers:G6r/ Protege/ Nt10/ Azodin Kaos Pump LE/ Invert Mini/ Dangerous Power g4/ Proto slg 09

Tank: SLP Ninja 68/45

Hopper: Empire Prophecy

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:45 PM

When you snapshoot dont move your whole body. Just roll your shoulder using your obliques and tilt out to shoot.

When playing snake its all about controlling the snake. If you can shoot out your mirror or even trade you have done your job. Otherwise always be looking inside for the shots you can get. DO NOT battle with opponents on the inside. They have better bunkers and a height advantage and you WILL lose.

#7 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 693 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

Attached File  snake.jpg   10.09KB   1 downloadsAttached File  doritos.jpg   41.91KB   1 downloads

A few starter topics-

snake on the left, doritos on the right

#8 michael_mnm

michael_mnm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:04 PM

to play doritos better rember if you have a 14" barrel or even a 12" you can squeeze in really tight and do some serious dunker molipulation (im a terrible speller) and if you can keep your barrel pointing in their direction without being able to be hit. as soon as you think theirs a gap just pop up to take one shot to put them in and then you can do work.also doritios are great bunkers to wrap on if you really get a feel for it. for snake, make them worry about you, you dont have to shoot even a hopper keep the tape clear and move up if you can get some one on the oppisite corner too shoot at you, you are golden because this leaves the middel and dorito tape and highway clear for teammates too move up 2-3 bunkers. to just get better. if you can shoot at your house make bunkers and set up a mirror. make a snake knuckle by using a garbage bag on both sides so you can see how to monipulate the snake. have fun and love paintball

PLAYING CFPS!!!!!!!!!

#9 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,054 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:06 PM

We can give you all the advice you want but if you don't know where you need to improve then progress will be slow.

I would suggest playing with more experienced players for a few reasons.

If you lack skills in your snap shooting, running and shooting, sliding, etc. then playing with the experienced players will make it obvious to you where you need to improve the most.

Most of us experienced guys (and girls) are willing to help out newer players, so do not be afraid to ask them if they have noticed anything you could do to improve yourself as a player.

#10 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Go to practice and stop getting sick ;)

#11 cityfrags

cityfrags

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:45 PM

How can I snapshoot better, are there any drills I can do at home? Also, what are some good general tips to keep in mind when snapshooting?

Normally, when people say snap shooting they think of one balling, shooting one ball when you snap, then receding into your bunker. That's only relevent to nppl standards now-a-days, which is going out of buisness. If you're ramping, roll your gun, and try to be as accurate as possible. In this case, snap shoot infront of a mirror and make sure your barrel is on target :D

#12 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:19 PM

Normally, when people say snap shooting they think of one balling, shooting one ball when you snap, then receding into your bunker. That's only relevent to nppl standards now-a-days, which is going out of buisness. If you're ramping, roll your gun, and try to be as accurate as possible. In this case, snap shoot infront of a mirror and make sure your barrel is on target :D
If youre snapshooting right then all youll be exposed for is enough time to get one or two balls off anyway.

#13 jcmurdoch

jcmurdoch

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 01:06 AM

I'm using semi, so I shot snapshooting is more useful. Also, how can I bunker better?

#14 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,842 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:52 AM

Step 1 buy case of paint every day

Step 2 buy a dorito bunker

Step 3 Set up bunker in your back yard

Step 4 Set up a Target

Step 5 Snapshoot the target from the dorito with a full case of paint every day. 

Edited by bigx, 20 September 2013 - 09:53 AM.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#15 cityfrags

cityfrags

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 340 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:08 AM

If youre snapshooting right then all youll be exposed for is enough time to get one or two balls off anyway.

That's if it's 300 fps from second bunker to second bunker (let's say dorito 2 to dorito 2), people dont realize that paintballs go pretty slow. You'll have a good 1.5-2 seconds to get your shots off, and in psp, that amounts to about 25 shots :D

#16 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:42 PM

buy every piece of HK gear and you will instantly become a Pro :dodgy:

Lulzjustacat.png

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,877 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:47 PM

That's if it's 300 fps from second bunker to second bunker (let's say dorito 2 to dorito 2), people dont realize that paintballs go pretty slow. You'll have a good 1.5-2 seconds to get your shots off, and in psp, that amounts to about 25 shots :D
No, because if your opponent is halfway decent they'll already have paint in the air every time you snap out. Its not like you have to take turns shooting back and forth.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 04 October 2013 - 03:48 PM.

#18 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:21 PM

A few starter topics-

These are terms of "endearment" for different types of speedball bunkers. Doritos are pyramid shaped, so when you look at the side, they look like Doritos. Cans are cylinders, so look like cans. The Snake is a set of long, short bunkers set end to end, sometimes with small bunkers to break them up. So, it looks like a Snake.

On the same vein, you have the Dorito side and the Snake size. Not to try and confuse you further.

#19 Sina HB

Sina HB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:59 AM

What is snapshooting?

#20 Jawz

Jawz

Boss Ass Bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,721 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

1. You tuck in nice and DEEP rubbing against that Dorito likes it's your girl friend, shove your gun/barrel into the dorito if you are staying in the dorito, if moving keep on your feet (balls of your feet) and stay against the dorito just like you would tucked in except your knees are parrellel to the dorito instead of tucked under.

2. Stay down, in the new snakes its really too low for most people to do the old squatting technique so it's best to lie down and use your arms and legs to move up, it's never a good idea to shoot over the snake while not near the knuckle unless you are sure that a) no one knows you're there, or B) the otherside is locked down/eliminated. When moving up either go while your mirror/other player in snake/back player is not shooting or posted waiting for you. Your objective is to eliminate the other snake player, if you can cause some damage while doing this then do it, but take every chance you can, snake is not to feel comfortable by any means.

3. Shoot your gun and keep it up. There is really no reason to put your gun down at all unless you are sprinting to a key bunker. Don't be afraid to make moves like doubling the snake, or doubling bunkers as a whole. Bunkering is part of the game, you see a guy you need to take out, you either bunker him, or you get him out. IF you are shot off break it's not your fault unless you did something stupid. 

109.gif

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users