Photo

Disney World or Epcot? What's the difference?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

Alright, this may be a common question when wanting to visit Disney World.

Now keep in mind, Disney is not a vomit-rollor-coaster park. If you want insane roller coasters, you need to visit Busch Gardens, or Universal Studios. Busch Gardens has some INSANE roller coasters. Montu, Kumba, Cheetah Hunt, these coasters have been on numerous travel channel shows and are truly bad ass. Super fast, insane amounts of positive and negative g-forces, twists, turns, that's where you go for roller coasters.

Disney is different, Epcot is different. It's more elegant, it's more relaxed, it's very beautiful and it's just a different vibe than the insane rollar coasters in some of the other parks. 

If you are an easily board teenage boy looking for speed, save your money and just go to Universal Studios or Busch Gardens. Space Mountain is fun, but it doesn't compare to Montu, or Hulk, or Kumba. Fun, but not in the same ballpark.

Alright, to sum up the MAIN difference between Disney World and Epcot - 

Disney World is a little bit more geared towards girls, epcot is more geared towards boys... 

Epcot has alcohol, Disney World does not (well the new Be Our Guest has wine, but that's a 3+ month in advance reservation)

Both parks are shaped a bit like a lollipop, you have the stick, and the lollipop on top. The "stick" at Disney is Main Street USA, which is basically just a neat street with lots of shopping, treats and souvenirs. The "stick" at Epcot has the big globe (which is an awesome, yet slow futuristic ride), Test Track USA, Space Experience, Character Spot, and Club Cool (free soda thanks to Coca Cola!)

At Epcot, most of the rides are at the stick of the lollipop, with the World Showcase being the lollipop. At Disney, all the rides are past Main Street USA and up into the park.

My favorite rides at Disney World are Peter Pan, Pirates of the Caribbean, Haunted House, Splash Mountain, Space Mountain, and Buzz Lightyear.

At Epcot, my ALL TIME favorite Disney ride is Spaceship Earth (the big globe when you walk in), Test Track, Ellen's Energy Adventure, Sourin', Mexico, and Norway. 

Epcot you can enjoy a drink, alcohol, wine or beer. Mexico makes an incredible jalepeno margarita, and at Rose and Crown Pub, you can get an awesome Black & Tan, or "Bumblebee", which is Boddingtons and Guinness. Tastes amazing. 

If you have any questions, post them below! 

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,884 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:26 PM

Have you been on the Tower of Terror?

#3 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 971 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 12:47 PM

The two biggest speed rides are in my opinion neither in Magic Kingdom or Epcot, for what it's worth.  That would be primarily the Expedition Everest ride in Animal Kingdom and then secondly the Aerosmith ride at Hollywood Studios.

Just for what it's worth, I think you can do Tower of Terror, Aerosmith, and the Toy Story rides all quickly in a row at Hollywood Studios - then never have to go back.  With the benefits of a park hopper pass, at least.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users