• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mimzyy

Mimzyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

Is That A Good Gun and is that a good hopper?

#2 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:36 PM

The halo too is very good especially for the price. It feeds fast and consistently. However it's difficult to take apart. And for the gun... Will you be playing woodsball and scenario or airball or both

#3 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:58 PM

^ Doesn't matter what he'll be playing, it's a fine gun and loader for whatever you'll want to play.

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#4 imnothim

imnothim

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:15 AM

That's one of my setups exactly and you'll have zero problems from woodsball to airball to scenario play.

As a side note it's a 2011 Proto Rail. The PMR was another line no longer produced. The Rail and Reflex Rail are the only two guns currently made under the Proto line.

#5 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:54 PM

Yup. The Proto Rail is great marker for the price, but my I suggest looking at the GoG eXTCy as another viable option? The halo too is also a pretty good loader for the price, especially if you buy used.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#6 pb28188

pb28188

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

^ Doesn't matter what he'll be playing, it's a fine gun and loader for whatever you'll want to play.

It will work fine for both but if he's gonna be playing more woodsball and scenario the blackheart board is amazing for the woods and the extcy is the same price.

#7 07tjt07

07tjt07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

avoid halo at all costs.. heavy and hard to take apart... vmax is much better for the price.

cpILP7C.jpg

Setup: Dangerous Power G4 Black with Blue accents, 45/4500 crossfire, Halo with exalt speed feed, python compression kit (predecessor to the techt ifit)

#8 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 11:47 AM

avoid halo at all costs.. heavy and hard to take apart... vmax is much better for the price.

Sorry, but no. The Vmax is not a better loader than the Halo Too. It's OK as a loader, but there certainly are better for the money. The Halo Too being one of them.

#9 07tjt07

07tjt07

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:55 PM

Sorry, but no. The Vmax is not a better loader than the Halo Too. It's OK as a loader, but there certainly are better for the money. The Halo Too being one of them.

And what experience have you had hands on with it. Because having used both, I would take the vmax any day. 

cpILP7C.jpg

Setup: Dangerous Power G4 Black with Blue accents, 45/4500 crossfire, Halo with exalt speed feed, python compression kit (predecessor to the techt ifit)

#10 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:33 PM

And what experience have you had hands on with it. Because having used both, I would take the vmax any day. 

Experience? Slow feeding, jamming and popcorning. I've only used not owned, can't speak personally to the battery life in a Vmax, so I'll leave it out of my assessment. I have however owned a Halo Too and found it superior to the Vmax.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: proto rail, markers, hoppers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users