#1 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:03 PM

Disney has an upsale at the ticket counter, called "Park Hopper"

It's usually about $25 additional dollars to your ticket per day. 

Personally, unless you are an EXTREMELY experienced Disney traveler, and you know the parks inside and out, I would skip this option. When you are at the parks, you are up against the clock. You pay nearly $100 per ticket per day, and you only have 9 to 12 hours to get in as much as possible before the day is over. 

Attempting to "park hop", takes about 3 hours out of your day. It will take you about an hour to exit the park you are in (Epcot for instance), an hour to travel to the other park (via monorail or driving), and about an hour to get through the entrance lines and into the new park. 3 hours might be a bit exageratting, but this does take quite a bit of time to exit one park, and enter another. Compound this if you have kids, or if you are unsure where to go, or how to get there. 

Personally, I suggest skipping this option until you get EXTREMELY comfortable with the parks, monorail, bus system, and parking system, but by then you probably should just have season tickets. 

Pick one park for the day, and stay in that one park all day. Get to the park, make a bee-line for the ride you want to ride, pick up the fastpass (you can only get one at a time) and continue touring the park. 

#2 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 12:18 AM

I agree 100% there is really no reason to park hop, you are just taking away from the experience of the individual parks.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#3 Old Dude PB

Old Dude PB

Safety third.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,563 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:58 AM

I think the Park Hopper makes sense in some cases. Here's mine. We're a family of four. We live in New England, so our DW visits are usually five- or six-day stays with travel. Every other year or so. Between work, school, summer camp, and sports schedules, we don't get a huge amount of family vacation time during the year. Because our family vacation time is very limited, we're more about getting quality time together than about saving incremental dollars from our overall expense. Given that we're already paying for lodging and travel for four, our park tickets are not the biggest expense on our trips. This is all just background.

Here's why I think the Park Hopper option makes sense for us. None of us (two middle-aged parents, two teenaged kids) want to do 10 straight hours in a Disney park. We might want to spend 10+ hours in parks in a day, but not consecutively, and not all one park. It just gets tiring and boring for us after a while. We show up early, get as many rides in as we can before the park fills up, have lunch, and go back to our "home" resort, typically to take naps (parents) and hit the pool. Then we have dinner, usually not in a park, and head out for a night in a different park than we hit in the morning, avoiding the Extra Magic Hours park of the night, which is usually jammed. We'll go until 11 or later, and if the kids still have energy at the end, they might go to the Extra Magic Hours park. Some days, we might hit only one park. Some days, we might hit three parks, depending on our energy levels, and whether we're having fun where we are.

Being able to operate this way has value for us. On a five-day ticket, the up-charge for Park Hopping is about $60 per ticket, or $12 a day. We think it's worth it.

Edited by Old Dude PB, 24 September 2013 - 08:05 AM.

#4 Groundfire

Groundfire

Resident Crazy Croat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,656 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:03 AM

I HAVE to say this...

Do youself a favor and NEVER allow Mike to be your guide at Disney.... I was dead after the second day. We saw the ENTIRE Epcot and ENTIRE Magical Kingdom, IN TWO DAYS!!! Every ride, every spot, every attraction... 

#5 cavemag

cavemag

R.I.P Borg.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 04:01 PM

Park Hopper is  must if you're staying for a few days. Just alternate parks.

Posted Image

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users