Photo

New Empire D*Fender - Milsim gun with integrated loader in the stock

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#1 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:00 PM

So saw this on my friend's facebook feed which was linked to empire's page

575283_10153224301440251_1339475183_n.pn

let the speculations begin

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#2 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 07:52 PM

"Empire DAM". Mag/hopperfed Axe. /thread

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#3 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:21 PM

yea from the looks of the picture seems like it will be mil slim oriented.  Could be wrong though.

etek.jpg

#4 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 08:23 PM

We could use some more quality milsim guns in the world

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

Looks like a greenish blob 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6 Justin B.

Justin B.

Damage Control D5 EPL Paintball 2014!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,200 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:33 PM

Agreed

PAP Family - Damage Control #77

My Feedback: http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=210995

"CP anything should immediately reduce the value to zero, its painful to see nice guns with CP regs."

- Cookybiscuit

#7 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:43 PM

Agreed

Second source legitimized my claim its a greenish blob

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#8 Jweb

Jweb

Cardinal

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:17 PM

It took me 10 seconds to find the marker... :unsure:

I kind of like neck shots, they give other people the impression that I have a social life.

Meeting Mike and Willie = best paintball day ever.

#9 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,390 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:59 PM

"Empire DAM". Mag/hopperfed Axe. /thread

I would consider buying a a mag fed that runs off the axe/mini platform

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#10 Robot85

Robot85

Paper has no corners

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,000 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 02:24 PM

How can you make any assumption on what it is off that picture? The only things I see are an old man, a tree and a car tire and what can only be described as the arm of an alien from District 9.

Robot.png
Canadian Ballers Club V3 - Gewn Owners Club V4

CQB Paintball                                                                        
Speedsim Media

#11 shammy

shammy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 08:40 PM

my guess is a new TM-15 style marker

Posted Image

#12 Bacon1498

Bacon1498

NEVER cook bacon naked.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

my guess is a new TM-15 style marker

Agreed. With mag fed capabilities to compete with the dam? That would be pretty cool
Seriously, don't cook it naked....

Invert Mini, Rotor, Pro Axis. . . Things to get in the future: pants, techpb jersey, elbow pads, and a pump :D

#13 cmhary38

cmhary38

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 11:44 PM

Maybe A Vanquish Milsim marker

#14 Tri City Extreme

Tri City Extreme

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:03 AM

How can you make any assumption on what it is off that picture? The only things I see are an old man, a tree and a car tire and what can only be described as the arm of an alien from District 9.

I would have to agree. I can't see thing or hear anything. Kind of reminds we of one of those old nerf commercials. 

#15 Simiballer

Simiballer

Royal High Football and LAX. #79 for both

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

Seriously, all I see is a tank, a bunch of green, and what looks like an M1 Garand. Looks cumbersome and useless.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#16 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

My best guess would be a DAM competitor, hopefully it'll be magfed and hopper fed switch compatible...if so, I think I know what my next milsim marker will be..

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#17 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 06:08 AM

My best guess would be a DAM competitor, hopefully it'll be magfed and hopper fed switch compatible...if so, I think I know what my next milsim marker will be..

Especially if it is cheaper than the DAM, that would be awesome. If it was based off the Axe platform you know it is a proven winner as well.

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#18 PhilMetalJacket

PhilMetalJacket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Here's a crazy theory: You can kind of make out a foregrip. When I look at it, it looks kind of like the grip on an XM8. A little research tells me that there was an XM8-styled paintball gun from Smart Parts once, called the SP-8. Smart Parts was liquidated and IP sold to Kee Action Sports, who, of course, owns the Empire brand. What if it's a new milsim marker styled after the XM8? From the ASA visible in the picture, you can get some idea of dimensions. That's a little similar to the XM8 Compact Carbine variant, which is also what the Smart Parts gun looked like.

Of course, this would be weird, seeing as the real XM8 was only ever produced in limited numbers for trials, and so has none of the cachet of being a weapon in actual service. However, it would certainly be different from everything else currently available. If they just used the look, but with Axe or Mini or Impulse internals, it could be a real contender. And I, too, would like to see something comparable to the DAM. There has to be a middle ground between the DAM and the Spyder MRs.

I, for one, would really like to see more markers that aren't modelled on the AR-15 or descendants. From an aesthetic perspective, that's one great thing about the DAM's design.

What a crazy theory.

#19 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:54 PM

Empire BT would be crazy not to adapt the Inline Poppet of the Axe into a magfed marker, considering they make (in my opinion), the best none magfed electronic markers there are, except the G-1.

#20 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,656 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:34 PM

Here's a crazy theory: You can kind of make out a foregrip. When I look at it, it looks kind of like the grip on an XM8. A little research tells me that there was an XM8-styled paintball gun from Smart Parts once, called the SP-8. Smart Parts was liquidated and IP sold to Kee Action Sports, who, of course, owns the Empire brand. What if it's a new milsim marker styled after the XM8? From the ASA visible in the picture, you can get some idea of dimensions. That's a little similar to the XM8 Compact Carbine variant, which is also what the Smart Parts gun looked like.

Of course, this would be weird, seeing as the real XM8 was only ever produced in limited numbers for trials, and so has none of the cachet of being a weapon in actual service. However, it would certainly be different from everything else currently available. If they just used the look, but with Axe or Mini or Impulse internals, it could be a real contender. And I, too, would like to see something comparable to the DAM. There has to be a middle ground between the DAM and the Spyder MRs.

I, for one, would really like to see more markers that aren't modelled on the AR-15 or descendants. From an aesthetic perspective, that's one great thing about the DAM's design.

What a crazy theory.

Excellent first post. I like this guy already!

#21 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:43 PM

What a crazy theory.

I seriously hope you are right.

#22 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:22 PM

I want to edit my last post, but cant via mobile so here goes.

"Empire makes the best MILSIM nonmaged electronic markers" not electronic markers overall.

#23 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 01:41 AM

Don't be surprised if it is a magfed FS platform based on the Axe

Met a Kee sales rep recently at my local pro shop,asked me after a long conversation what woodsball players were looking for in a marker.I pointed at the DAM on the wall and said "This $500 cheaper that WORKS"

He smiled and said "You're Close", without further comment even though I prodded him

Hope this is it,I have a SP8,like the styling myself

I'm tired of everything being AR looking,would prefer a G36 myself

Maybe they modeled it off the XM8 because it wasn't mas produced and they won't have to pay to use the image like Empire did with the TM7

Edited by Punisher068, 15 October 2013 - 01:57 AM.

#24 PhilMetalJacket

PhilMetalJacket

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:18 PM

Well, thanks for indulging me. I'm just glad somebody is talking about this, whatever it actually is.

I guess the other question would be: If it's a new magfed system, what are the magazines going to be like? It stands to reason that Empire/BT would introduce their own magazine system, but magfed is an increasingly crowded market and it'll only get harder to distinguish from other brands. Dye developed a pretty cool system, and their double stacked magazines (similar to Tacamo DMags) seem the simplest way to do First Strike mags. However, Scarab Arms has magazines that will do 16 FS in a single U-shaped stack. Something along the lines of this style would be the most distinguishing thing next to the DAM, if they did it.

#25 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:52 PM

I hope people aren't disappointed if it turns out to not be magfed.  Incidentally, I decided to look up recent patent changes by Kee Action Sports, and I noticed they added a modification to the old Halo loader patent.  If you scroll down you can get to it here:  Procedure and device for feeding balls into the projectile chamber of a handgun.  Something like an integral warp feed or strikeloader is my bet for this marker.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#26 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:39 AM

The issue with U Shaped Mags is spring tension. Thats why the MILSIG and RAP4 mags are pretty terrible. As for being a warp drive or something like that, it'd be cool if they made a box mag with warp drive internals.

#27 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Wouldn't surprise me if they made a boxmag with Halo internals,most homemades use them

Considering DYE is release a boxmag for the DAM it would make sense

If they're doing this it would only make sense they put it on a magfed platform

The issue with U Shaped Mags is spring tension. Thats why the MILSIG and RAP4 mags are pretty terrible. As for being a warp drive or something like that, it'd be cool if they made a box mag with warp drive internals.

This was the reason I used the DAM mags on my FS bullpup,bending a spring around a U is bound to cause jamming and feeding issues.Not to mention the DAM magwells are super tough,I've banged a loaded mag against my wood workbench,rounds didn't dislodge or break but it put a good dent in my workbench

#28 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:01 PM

I love the DYE DAM Mags when I used one at LL6 (had a friend who was working the event, and my MILSIG went down, so I snagged his DAM), they are super well built, and I didn't mind the flip stack design. 

#29 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:38 AM

Well I am disappointed by this new "BT DFender"...cool idea, making the loader in stock, but I can only imagine its going to have issues...

#30 cockerpunk

cockerpunk

All the Dudes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,045 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

wonder what the capacity is? good idea though, i like it.

The ultimate truth in paintball is that the interaction between the gun and the player is far and away the largest factor in accuracy, consistency, and reliability.

And yes, Gordon is the sexiest manifestation of "to the front."

#31 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:50 AM

I love the look... but you can't reload with the stock to your shoulder... you have to move the gun so your face isn't over the speedfeed. I dunno, It looks cool and i like a lot of the design, but I just don't see how you could reload while still sighting down the barrel or any optics. And it looks like you would still need a riser if you wore any masks that aren't a pro/eflex.

#32 Sin_Ister611

Sin_Ister611

Dude with a gun

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:57 AM

http://empirepaintba...-game-changer-0
$1300 price tag. Dayum

Attached Files

Edited by Sin_Ister611, 17 October 2013 - 10:01 AM.

#33 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:08 AM

http://m.youtube.com...rBACjw8sh4WlNWQ

Video for those who want it...

#34 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

This idea has been around for many years. I'm glad to finally something like this done. Based on the video it has some pretty awesome features too. The way the entire top comes off like that is brilliant. 

So much awesome stuff coming out at cup this year. Next year will be an awesome year for paintball!

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#35 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

I'm gonna be that guy and just say, while I love Empire:

Take an Axe's internals, a Z2's internals, slap them into a magnesium body and then jack up the price about 3 times? That's an awful big jump. This thing had better shoot as smooth as a Vanquish to make up for that insane price tag...

#36 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:37 AM

Looks great.  Based on the top-down view, I'd imagine it's going to hold in the range of a typical loader, say somewhere between 160 and 200 shots.  If you consider the price of a new axe and a new Z2, plus all the effort involved in incorporating them together, I don't think the price is out of line.  I'm very pleasantly surprised.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#37 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • 15,583 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:40 AM

Do like, would work well with a small tank attached to the front or top.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#38 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:48 AM

I think its awesome,makes my homemade boxmags look dated

Price is steep but I've found Empire stuff to be superior to most stuff out there

#39 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

JEZvc5y.jpg

Here it is with a 68/45 on the back. Also I figured it wouldn't be First Strike ready. I recall reading somewhere that Kee won't make an FSR gun because they don't own First Strikes, and would be helping a competitor or something like that. Let me find the post and I'll edit this.

Quote from Keebler on MCB, conversation between him and Empire paintball's Facebook:

So when are we getting some kind of loader for first strike rounds on the trracer. Most people would love to have a pump action fs marker since that round is expensive. Also because it helps over come rof limitations when in mixed play. If you did a detachable mag style feed im sure you would make tons of money from the sales of many mag. I myself wouls buy 10 depending on.the capacity right off the bat. Hopefully you guys see that fs rounds are gaining momemtum what with the tacamo kits the carmetech sar 12 and various other companies getting behind it. Hopefully empire will see the value of jumping on the wagon early as opposed to being late. You guys have a chance here to really dominate that niche industry by having an affordable light efficient marker that also has an fs loader. Please dont miss the boat. 

Matthew - Because the First Strike rounds aren't our product - we will never create a magazine to use them on our products. You should follow up with Tiberius Arms and ask them to make a universal or marker specific loader for First Strike rounds to be used with existing markers.

Would it be possible to ever have at least a magazine feed kit for the trracer that fed standard paint balls? That would be cool enough by itself and of course anyone could probably mod it for fa rounds later if they so desired.

(Short convo on facebook from me to empire)

Edited by PREDATOR 47, 17 October 2013 - 11:00 AM.

#40 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Pull start me and I'm yours ;)

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,615 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 10:52 AM

It's a nice concept, but why not just make a regular magfed gun and stick a boxmag on it? That still takes the loader off the top, but also lets you use magazines and FS rounds. I get that they're trying something new, but IMO it's new for the sake of uniqueness, rather than being useful.

Edited by andrewthewookie, 17 October 2013 - 10:52 AM.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#41 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,647 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:01 AM

I would rather have this than a large boxmag hanging from the center of the marker like with the Dambox or anything else magfed with a boxmag on it. I just dislike the profile and feel of a large boxmag.

The only drawback is the fact you can't use firststrike rounds with this... otherwise it's a superior setup imo.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#42 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:25 AM

It's certainly an interesting concept, but i i'm not really convinced just yet. How fast does the mag feed? How fucked are you when a ball breaks in there? How easy is it to clean? Will it break easily? 

Will be interesting to see once the videos starts to come out.

o8qo.jpg

#43 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,615 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:28 AM

It's certainly an interesting concept, but i i'm not really convinced just yet. How fast does the mag feed? How fucked are you when a ball breaks in there? How easy is it to clean? Will it break easily? 

It's basically a Z2 inside, so it will feed fast enough.

Fear is the mind-killer

#44 Carolus Rex

Carolus Rex

I won at life once.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 11:41 AM

It's basically a Z2 inside, so it will feed fast enough.

Ok, cool. That answers that question .

o8qo.jpg

#45 blckninja

blckninja

Computer Tech

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

Here are the full list of pictures that are posted on PBN:

z6f2Iqw.jpg

knHyjdy.jpg

NrQJbV0.jpg

tstHb68.jpg

YaDKLDK.jpg

KWxYTUm.jpg

i1oAQAg.jpg

Edited by blckninja, 17 October 2013 - 12:13 PM.

etek.jpg

#46 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:30 PM

omfg I must have.........I hate Empire for making this marker that I must now own.

Posted Image

#47 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,900 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:34 PM

^ You are the first person I thought of when I saw this Streak lol. 

#48 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,131 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:48 PM

I like it, its pretty unique. However I don't think it is going to sell very well considering the DAM is slightly cheaper, and has mag-feed capabilities.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#49 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,615 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:51 PM

Both the DAM and Dfender are $1300

Fear is the mind-killer

#50 StReaKeR

StReaKeR

B.O.M.A.G.S Head Honcho!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 01:02 PM

Both the DAM and Dfender are $1300

im with this.....

^ You are the first person I thought of when I saw this Streak lol. 

lol  

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users