• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 11:18 AM

Well I recently I just discovered the macro line swivel fiasco with Planet Eclipse. Yes I have an EGO 8 with the horizontal swivel and 90 degree macro line elbow. I want to put a POPS on for an ASA and figured might as well just get the 45 degree swivel like the EGO 11 right? I'm sure many of you know my just realized plight or at least heard about it. If you haven't, Google about it. EGO 11 swivel and why PE won't sell them at any cost for fear it'll be put into a GEO 2 which causes a safety concern.

Ya know what....I'll sign any legal document necessary to say that I'm putting this 45 degree swivel on my EGO 8 and it will remain on that gun as long as it's in my possession. If for any reason the gun passes out of my possession, I will mail the swivel back to Planet Eclipse or pay a massive fine and life imprisonment!

I do not own a GEO 2 and wouldn't put it on one if I had one. Maybe PE could spend five minutes and make some specific 45 degree swivels just for the GEO 2. Then guys who want to make them look like a GEO 3 can do so safely and the rest of us can finally get the goddamn 45 swivel for our EGO's or whatever! But no, the only way I can get one is to buy a second hand EGO 11. Course then I'm just going to use the '11 and shelf the '08 anyway. 

Oh there's ways around it. pick up a 1/8 45 degree fitting and put a straight macro fitting on it or just get a CP reg and change it to bottom fitting. Or I know a machine shop that will duplicate the EGO 11 swivel down to the last micron minus the ECLIPSE logo. All that shouldn't be fucking necessary! If PE is just trying to cover their own ass from a misfiring GEO 2 lawsuit, then do what everyone else does and put a warning on the package! Then sell the fucking 45 swivel to the many that are ready to slit throats to get one!

This is exactly the little shit that pisses me off!

P.S. : Yes i call markers guns just like squirt guns, calking guns, nail guns, staple guns, etc. I know why the name "marker" was brought about, but it's still a type of gun so suck it up! Look at all the MIL SIM crap out now, close as I've seen to when I was in Afghanistan! Don't try to sugar coat it that half of paintball, the half not all splash anodized and colorful jersey'd, isn't guns and war games! That doesn't mean it's harmful or deadly, it's still just fun and recreation so suck it!

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#2 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,657 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

'Safety concern' means 'People not buying our new guns' concern.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#3 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 01:06 PM

Yes, and I thought of that. But because someone with an old Airstar Nova 700 decided to not put back on the sight rail, thus leaving out a structure bolt and the guns back end blew off. In that instance it wasn't the fault  of Airstar but the user of their product. Unfortunately overnight that gun became known as the paintgun that blows up in your face. I see the 45 swivel as the same thing. An idiot can still buy an EGO 11 and take the swivel off to put on the GEO 2 he may already own.

The few stupid people are gonna do what they want.

I hate when many get punished because of a few. Educate rather then withhold. Just like the" don't put oil in the fill nipple of your HPA tank". They still sell those...  

#4 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,868 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Why can't you use it on a geo? Swivel 45s are made by other companies.

#5 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 06:14 PM

Why can't you use it on a geo? Swivel 45s are made by other companies.

On Geo2's, there was supposedly an issue with the gun discharging with enough force to actually fire a paintball when the gun was degassed. I don't know how high the chances were of this actually happening, but all it takes is one time, so PE must have decided to not sell them with the swivel, because it would only be a matter of time before somebody put it on a Geo2, and I'm sure it has happened already. It was only an issue on the Geo2, all Egos were said to be fine with the swivel.

#6 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 10:27 PM

Slinkyaroo, (or anyone) know of another company selling compatible 45 degree regulator swivels that will perfectly fit the EGO regulators, I'd much appreciate any help. Only one I've seen was from Dye for their regs and it didn't look like they'd fit the PE regs.

#7 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Just found a spot that claims to sell 45 swivels for all the EGO's, but it's a Graphics Design sight which seems odd that they also have just one product, EGO adaptable 45 degree reg swivels. Out of stock of course. It's at www.quadrent.org

#8 That one guy

That one guy

TechPB's most loved member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:03 AM

FFFFFUUUU I burnt my toaste!

You doubt it but yet you don't know crap about it.... People may THINK they know me, but trust me they DON'T.

#9 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Add extra butter-soldier on!

#10 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:36 PM

I don't see why everyone is making such a big deal about this

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#11 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

The swivel or the burnt toast?

#12 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,388 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

The swivel.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#13 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:11 PM

It's the principal of the matter. Just about everything made for paintball use has a warning on it and can be potentially dangerous if misused. It's up to the user to handle  the equipment properly. All but one tiny swivel. A swivel that many have tried to acquire, but because if it's misused and put onto a GEO 2 it can cause a misfire when degassed.

Why not just make a few 45 swivels with the extra piece that can be used on a GEO 2 and those that want them can get them, and the rest of us can finally buy the normal one for our EGO's.

Or how about someone finally make a 45 macro line fitting. problem solved there too! I went and bought a 1/8" 45 elbow and put the straight macro fitting on it. It's too much and looks stupid and torques the macro line because the fittings are too close together.....but it works for now. 

Edited by ToolCribGuy72, 26 September 2013 - 05:13 PM.

#14 OEFVeteran

OEFVeteran

TechPB's Resident Angry Veteran

• Retired Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,031 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

its a swivel... gun works fine as it is... while it would be nice if PE sold them on the aftermarket... they dont that i know of, so whats the use in complaining about it? just go play and have fun

Shocktech Aftershock SFL team cocker, serial number 1
Mini Orracle pump, Eclipse internals, Sanchez Machine pump kit and grip frame
Mossberg 500 ZMB

OSG Paintball biggest and best field in NH... show them some love

"I wish I had 2000 feet. So i could shove 500 of them up each of your asses!!!!" Red Foreman

#15 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:20 AM

Yes and that's the end state. i just wanted the swivel to go with the POPS i just installed. The 90 degree put too much torque on the macro so I just went with a brass painted matching blue 45 fitting with straight macro fitting. It works just fine. Enough on that.

And in regards to your question, isn't this the section for complaining? Along with the rant, I was hoping someone reading would have a miracle answer to where I could get an aftermarket 45 swivel or 45 macro fitting. S.O.L. I guess.

#16 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:38 AM

Dye makes a 45 degree swivel for the Hyper3 regulator.

#17 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

Yes I saw those, but they don't look like they'd fit an EGO reg, and just for the sake of asking, is it possible to just buy the Hyper 3 reg and have it fit? Or does it have DYE"s new smaller threads?

#18 gibbeepbroxzor

gibbeepbroxzor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:03 PM

You can get Hyper 3's with the standard ASA threading, yes.

#19 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:45 PM

Just might be something to go look at then, thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users