• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TF CaRBoN

TF CaRBoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 04:44 PM

Which is the best I've watched many videos and read up, but I still cannot decide between these two. Any recrommendations this will be my first paintball gun.

Thanks for any help.

#2 TIGREX ZX

TIGREX ZX

The Asian guy that picks your rice.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:16 PM

The GoG eXTCy is a very nice marker all in itself. The main question is. Do you have a good high end mask? 

Why hello there :)

Livin' that luxe life

#3 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 08:49 PM

Both are great markers. Personally I own a 2011 Rail, but I'm a sucker for Proto. They have a similar shot quality, but the eXtCy does come with a clamping feed neck, on/off asa and blackheart board stock.

You should without a doubt start with a high quality, not necessarily high end mask. I4's are amazing, if you have a smaller face. I recommend the VForce Profilers. 2nd get yourself a good carbon fiber tank. Then grab your marker.

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:37 AM

11' rail in my book, it just feels and shoots like it was worth every penny you spent, the fact that it has a UL frame is quite nice too, when you hold it in your hands it feels like you should have paid more for the damn thing, trigger on both arent the best but at 250 they cant be the best in every aspect. rail is definitely lighter due to the ultra light frame. extcy has more modes but you'll be playing in semi or psp most of the time anyways and they both have those modes. etxcy has a plastic feel to it because most of what you touch is plastic of a sort. extcy has nice packaging, comes in a hard case while the rail comes in a soft cardboard case. both have a locking feed neck. (just not a lever lock) board programming goes to the etxcy as the rail requires you to open the grips while the extcy doesnt. you'll get the same amount of pods from both give or take. I'd get the rail for just the fact that it straight out feels nice than the extcy. every time you play you're going to be holding the marker so if it feels bulky or heavy or just not right, then thats a big problem and the rail is just slim, smooth, light, and just as good as the extcy.

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 TF CaRBoN

TF CaRBoN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 06:41 AM

I will be purchasing a Dye I4 mask, Ninja 68/4500 tank and Dye Rotor Thanks for the reviews of the guns.

Edited by TF CaRBoN, 24 September 2013 - 06:48 AM.

#6 halofan

halofan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 January 2014 - 10:34 PM

I own a gog extcy and it is amazing. I would prefer this over the proto because the gog extcy has features the rail doesn't have.i have had no problems with the extcy and this guy I know had a rail and he said he had a lot of problems with it and it cost him alot to fix it. I hoped this helped a little bit
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. 

#7 zecrom_89

zecrom_89

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 787 posts

Posted 02 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

I have held both and I will say the Extcy trigger is deuce compared to the Proto rail trigger. I would definitely recommend the proto rail over the extcy. The extcy is a pretty bad marker in my opinion. The proto rails is a much better choice in my opinion, I own Extcy. Also note, if the trigger spring in removed and you adjust the trigger so it returns with only the micro switch, it becomes 10x better.

Edited by zecrom_89, 02 February 2014 - 08:49 PM.

#8 SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN1147789

SPARTAN

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 763 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:12 PM

I would say if you're planning to play mostly woodsball go for the eXTCy, and if you're playing mostly speedball go for the Rail. Both are great markers, and it will truly come down to personal preference, so I would suggest you try them out or hold them if you can, both will shoot fairly similarly, so just holding them should give you an idea of which one is better for you. Honestly, you can't go wrong with either of these markers, and if you can't hold both of them I would suggest going to your local shop/field and just getting whichever one they have in stock (supporting local shops/fields is always best).

#9 meh

meh

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

RAIL MAXXED!!! the xtc is a problematic gun. When i went down to ans gear (i live in california) to check out the g1 and the xtc, we had a ton of issues. The guy aired up the display model and it started leaking. Ok w.e. just the display model, nothing important. Then he runs in the back, gets another g1 and airs it up... it leaked as well! I really do not like GOG (or the re-up Smart Parts.) Go with the 11 or the rail/rail maxxed. Youll be getting quality and and reliability since it is DYE who basically makes the gun! Either way, HOLD AND SHOOT them both before making a decision! Happy buying!

Meh

If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.

#10 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

The 2011 PMR and Exctacy are near identical internally,so much so I've used a GoG solenoid on my Rail and the Rail noid for my project Ion bullpup.They're both pancake style noids that use hoses,most other PMRs use Humpries\Mac style noid s

The bolts are almost compatible also,the PMR one is much heavier and uses a carrier,the main difference

I'd say hold them and see which one you like better.If you plan on modding or upgrading the GoG will be a better choice for the amount of aftermarket parts available.Really the two are equal on performace

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users