15 replies to this topic

#1 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:43 PM

Ok so as I was leaving splatterpark this weekend I saw something. It was the end of a great day! I  was leaving a little early around 2pm and I went to the staging area to fill my tank. Ahh the fresh air as I take my mask off. Oh look the last group of renters today they look like they are heading wait What?

There was a probably 11 year old boy wearing his football uniform. You could tell he has never played before he looks a little nervous but hes with his friends. Now im not talking about a jersey (although he was wearing one under his shoulder pads) but I mean well Here are a few links.

http://www.dicksspor...infoPath=222982

http://www.robbinssp...nts-p-2358.html

http://www.gator-ath...s/porthole-mesh

Have any of you seen stuff like this?
I only decided to post this because I mean really paintball must be getting a bad rap if someone is going to go to that extreme. Btw He had the common sense to realize that his football helmet would not fit over his mask.  :P

#2 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,708 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:52 PM

I've seen motocross chest protectors and stuff like that. I've also seen bubble wrap and foam taped around people... soccer shin guards, etc. 

People go to the extremes haha.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#3 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

I know but I mean seriously I knew people did this but this guy  had the whole get up  even his jersey. I dont even want to imagine how hot that must be.

#4 canscom

canscom

Lest we forget the soldiers. who saved our country

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,093 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 03:12 AM

People want to avoid pain its as simple as that what someone wears as protective gear shouldn't concern you 

Stop worrying about how you look, and start worrying about how you play. Get out on the field and play paintball the best you can, not stand at home in front of a mirror trying to figure out if your jersey matches your eyes.

#5 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:12 PM

Goofiest I seen is a bright orange life jacket. Like the ones commonly used by sea doo riders.

But having said that. Keep in mind it could be just fear of pain or to protect a medically sensitive area.

For instance I personally have played for 15 years. In those 15 years the majority of the time I played in shorts and a sleeveless t-shirt. If it was cooler out I threw on a pair of my work coveralls.

But now due to results of an injury last year, going forward I will need to always wear some form of shin guard as my left leg was nearly severed above my ankle. So now I have a LARGE chunk of the soft tissue missing from my leg and a shot there would not only most likely hurt a incredible amount but cause seriouse medical complications as well.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#6 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I dont even want to imagine how hot that must be.

Wat? I practice almost three hours a day with full pads in 100 degree heat. Of course its hot, but I promise I don't sweat anymore/less with or without the pads...

#7 Tyler1225_1993

Tyler1225_1993

DominatorPB

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 456 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

I know but I mean seriously I knew people did this but this guy  had the whole get up  even his jersey. I dont even want to imagine how hot that must be.

Football shoulder pads are hot as hell. I hope he didn't get lite headed. That's the worse feeling ever.

Football shoulder pads are hot as hell. I hope he didn't get lite headed. That's the worse feeling ever.

Even the helmet is very hot. No vents to help with the heat.

Wat? I practice almost three hours a day with full pads in 100 degree heat. Of course its hot, but I promise I don't sweat anymore/less with or without the pads...

It's not that bad once you get used the extra weight
DominatorPB!
Pinokio Army v2!
Dye/Proto Owners Club!
Proud Pump Owner: CCM 6.5 Brown/Black!
Fort Myers Legends Paintball Team (CAP)!

#8 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 10:29 PM

Why is this in negative paintball news? 

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#9 michael_mnm

michael_mnm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:34 PM

BREAKS FOR DAYS!

PLAYING CFPS!!!!!!!!!

#10 TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

TheDyeingEmpirePlanet

DP doesn't always leak!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 05:52 PM

Saw someone with same stuff, but rook his should pads off because he was playing with .50 cal

Buy one of these if you want a cheap but nice electro!!!
DP E1!!!
TBC_logo.jpg

#11 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 11:51 AM

Saw kids wearing motocross/hockey shoulder pads.

The refs were laughing at them. I almost told off the refs for laughing at someone who was new to the sport.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#12 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 05:00 PM

Pretty stupid considering football gear doesn't even cover much. It is designed to stop impact injuries, not cover a bunch of skin.

Yup, it's more of an issue of restricted breathing than heat. Paintball doesn't require tons of running anyway.

Edited by The Bacon Man, 27 October 2013 - 05:02 PM.

#13 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 07:48 PM

Pretty stupid considering football gear doesn't even cover much. It is designed to stop impact injuries, not cover a bunch of skin.

Yup, it's more of an issue of restricted breathing than heat. Paintball doesn't require tons of running anyway.

You are doing it wrong...

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#14 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 267 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 09:20 PM

What this kid for first time paint balling: football gear

and then I ask myself what would I do for a klondike bar..... :huh:

#15 The Bacon Man

The Bacon Man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,201 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:53 PM

In comparison to most other sports, it isn't much at all.

#16 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:55 PM

In comparison to most other sports, it isn't much at all.

Well yeah, but it is a lot of running for those who don't play sports.

I know a thing or two about lots of running. Soccer sucks sometimes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users