7 replies to this topic

#1 BEAST911

BEAST911

Paintball & Rc Enthusiast!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

So i have a Em-1 and i was really curious if i can install eyes on the marker, or would drilling holes just ruin it? I have the stock grip so i am already assuming i have to purchase a new grip and board,but i am fine I just want a nice beast.

#2 timekeeper

timekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:02 AM

You can, but you'll need to make eye covers for it and run a different board (may I suggest a UTB), you can follow the spimmy tutorials for eye drilling and run 3mm eyes for cheap functional eyes. The eye template for spimmys might even work with the EM-1.

If you want a great performing marker, skip the EM-1 eyes and get a better marker. For the amount of $ you'll spend modding it, you won't see the performance gains to justify it. Get a 2k2 or 2k5 timmy with an eigenram if you like poppet markers; a mini with an eigenbolt (I know it's still a poppet but it feels more like a spool with the eigenbolt), a shocker with an eigenbolt or an early DM with an eigenring and call it a day. All can be had for under $250 even with the eigenparts.

Edited by timekeeper, 26 September 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#3 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:45 PM

All you have to do is drill eye holes and switch the board to one that supports eyes.  There's a drilling guide somewhere for round tube spyder bodies, all you do is print it out, cut it out, and then mount it.  To mount it you remove the feedneck and put the template between the screws and the body.  

I'd recommend 3mm eyes because they're easier to find.  

Then use some intimidator eye covers and a universal t board to finish the project off.  You could also use an intimidator  board if you wanted.

Should be pretty fun:) 

Edited by junits15, 28 September 2013 - 11:45 PM.

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#4 BEAST911

BEAST911

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:52 PM

All you have to do is drill eye holes and switch the board to one that supports eyes.  There's a drilling guide somewhere for round tube spyder bodies, all you do is print it out, cut it out, and then mount it.  To mount it you remove the feedneck and put the template between the screws and the body.  

I'd recommend 3mm eyes because they're easier to find.  

Then use some intimidator eye covers and a universal t board to finish the project off.  You could also use an intimidator  board if you wanted.

Should be pretty fun:) 

Thanks! All that is left is finding a trigger frame (old angel ones seem to fit) I just want a bizzare gun, and a em-1 alone is bizzare lol

You can, but you'll need to make eye covers for it and run a different board (may I suggest a UTB), you can follow the spimmy tutorials for eye drilling and run 3mm eyes for cheap functional eyes. The eye template for spimmys might even work with the EM-1.

If you want a great performing marker, skip the EM-1 eyes and get a better marker. For the amount of $ you'll spend modding it, you won't see the performance gains to justify it. Get a 2k2 or 2k5 timmy with an eigenram if you like poppet markers; a mini with an eigenbolt (I know it's still a poppet but it feels more like a spool with the eigenbolt), a shocker with an eigenbolt or an early DM with an eigenring and call it a day. All can be had for under $250 even with the eigenparts.

I am a milsim kinda guy but i still have this gun and i still love it, so i want to make it bizzare and unique. I have custom rc cars but not a custom paintball gun yet :D

#5 timekeeper

timekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 09:22 AM

I am a milsim kinda guy but i still have this gun and i still love it, so i want to make it bizzare and unique. I have custom rc cars but not a custom paintball gun yet :D

Ok, well... have fun:

eye template

http://www6.zippysha...22991/file.html

Wiring diagram for UTB

h92i.jpg

#6 junits15

junits15

And now I am become death, destroyer of worlds

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

just a tip with the t board; keep your wires short. and use heatshink tubing. Also you don't need to use the capacitor with an EM1 because it's got a regular noid. So that will save you some room in the grip. 

And try and find someone with a drill press for the eye drilling, it makes this so much easier 

Posted Image
Borg you will NEVER be forgotten.
TECHPB FEEDBACK IOG FEEDBACK
I bought an Ion.... in hindsight it was a bit of an Impulse buy

#7 timekeeper

timekeeper

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 10:40 AM

Check the 'noid's wattage, if it requires more than 1.5 watts, you'd still be better off keeping the capacitor (albeit a smaller 2200 uF one).

#8 BEAST911

BEAST911

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:07 PM

Printing this out and hanging it on my wall so one i move to Florida i am attempting this. Thx a lot

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users