Photo

Good speedball setup for those new to the sport.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

So I have some friends who really want to get into the sport, but they don't want to spend a lot. Which is the hard part. But I have found a very good starting setup for under $375.

Mask- JT Proflex
Marker- GOG eNVy
Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000
Pod pack- empire fast pack

Trust me, this will be a great way to start off. I think other members here will agree.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#2 Ultimatefinn

Ultimatefinn

Eric Jr.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:27 PM

So I have some friends who really want to get into the sport, but they don't want to spend a lot. Which is the hard part. But I have found a very good starting setup for under $375.
Mask- Vforce Profiler
Marker- GOG eNVy
Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000
Trust me, this will be a great way to start off. I think other members here will agree.

FIFY
This is exactly what marketing guns has come down too. a dick waving contest. You can say all the stuff you want but until you whip it out wave it around and prove it to the world everyone will doubt you. -bigx

#3 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 732 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:30 PM

Few issues.

The JT masks are hard to change lenses so I would recommend opting for empire events or flexes if you can. Or V-force goggles if budget restraints are priority.

Secondly. I'd stay away from the eNVy as its a blind electro I think ya be better off choosing a GOG eNMEy as it's essentially the same marker without the crappy eyeless board and $50 less. You rly not gona get that much more performance outa a eNVy than u can the eNMEy and that $$$ would be better spent on more time playing or even a better HPA tank.

Hopper the halo too is a SOLID option. Had one for couple years now keeps up to everything I got and works great.

And I'd spend the extra $50 ya saved on the eNMEy and get a ninja 68/4500 HPA tank instead of the 48/3000.
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#4 Klub

Klub

i haz a pickle

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,875 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:11 PM

good setup, for the mask though, it is entirely preference, I'd take a proflex over anything, but some people like i4s, or profilers, etc

I'll agree with tinybear on taking an enmey over an envy, and putting that money in a carbon fiber tank.

#5 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:46 PM

Personally I like the eNMEy more myself. But my friends demanded that I recommend and electro, and this was mainly for them.

But I disagree with Finn 100%. There is a reason that NOBODY in south Florida wears V-force. The stock lenses are garbage. Why spend extra on a new lens when you can just get proflexes?

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 10:32 PM

Mask- JT Proflex
Marker- GOG eNVy
Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000

Mask- Vforce Profiler (better protection and easier lens changes)
Marker- GOG eXTCy (much better board)
Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000
Pod pack- NXe TP series 09 or Proto Fighter (velcro sleeves >>>> fast packs friction system)

#7 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 11:42 PM

Mask- JT Proflex
Marker- GOG eNVy
Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000

Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000
Pod pack- NXe TP series 09 or Proto Fighter (velcro sleeves >>>> fast packs friction system)

I've said before that I will personally never wear vforce, and I won't recommend it to my friends.

My friends and I have agreed that the eXTCy is too expensive for them. eNVy with black heart?

#8 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:41 AM

Envy black heart same price as extcy but extcy has on off Asa and eyes
<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#9 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:05 AM

Mask- Jt proflex: Replace the ear peices at ansgear they sell longer earpeices the one problem with the proflex is that the have short ear protectors so you could get shot in the lower ear.

Marker- GOG eNVy

Loader- Invert too
Tank- GET A USED 68/4500
Pod pack- empire fast pack Ok i was considering it but if works well keep it if not get a proto fighter pack for speedball and nxe tp 09 series 4+3+2 if you do more woodsball

Good setup if you make a few changes.

Edited by ThePBnewbie, 27 September 2013 - 01:07 AM.

#10 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:49 AM

Event mod the proflexes.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#11 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,935 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:07 PM

Mask- JT Proflex
Marker- GOG eNVy
Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000

Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000
I've said before that I will personally never wear vforce, and I won't recommend it to my friends.
My friends and I have agreed that the eXTCy is too expensive for them. eNVy with black heart?
Hahaha, wut?

#12 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:59 PM

Mask- JT Proflex
Marker- GOG eNVy
Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000

Loader- Invert too
Tank- Ninja 48/3000
Hahaha, wut?

You beat me to it Playdoh.

Seriously, what do you have against VForce?

#13 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Also the e1 is a good option if you only play semi, just get a new feed neck
If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users