• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 DerekDaPaintballa

DerekDaPaintballa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

I am looking to start playing with a pistol primary (TPX with remote line) and I want a setup that will allow me to be fast whille using the remote line. I was think of using something like this http://outdoorshoppi...ular deployment

to put my mags and 48/4500 tank in. Thanks and let me know of your pistol setups or any suggestions you have.

Edited by DerekDaPaintballa, 28 September 2013 - 01:56 PM.

Don't take it personally when I double back onto the field to get more reps. I JUST WANT TO PLAY!!!

#2 paintballer999

paintballer999

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 06:52 PM

In my opinion a 48 4500 is TOO big for a pistol tank. Also most of those pistols tend to work better off of co2

#3 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 08:11 PM

Pistols will work just fine off of HPA, CO2 isn't necessary. I would get a pack that has better support and will hold against your body better. The one you list will bounce around a lot because it doesn't have a lot of support and can't be cinched down against you. A 48/45 might be a bit large and heavy, something like a 13/3k might be better. But that depends on how often you can get air, and how much it costs. If you can get air for free after every game, a 13/3k would be great, since it's so much lighter. But if you have to pay for air, and can only refill once, then a 48/45 isn't a bad idea.

One thing to look for would be on the old Pistol Player packs that Spec Ops made a while back, before the company changed hands.

#4 DerekDaPaintballa

DerekDaPaintballa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:06 PM

Thanks for the advice. The 48/4500 tank is just a short term thing I will probably eventually get a 13/3000

Don't take it personally when I double back onto the field to get more reps. I JUST WANT TO PLAY!!!

#5 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:31 PM

Thanks for the advice. The 48/4500 tank is just a short term thing I will probably eventually get a 13/3000

Honestly, I wouldn't try and get any gear that could fit a 48/45, unless you plan on using a 48/45. If you plan on getting a 13/3k tank, then get gear that will fit that tank. That way you don't have to get two tank holders.

#6 Felix the Cat

Felix the Cat

My cocker pump leaks more than Edward Snowden

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:12 AM

get a large a5 barrel, like 16in, mostly for s***s and giggles

LOOKING FOR A T2

#7 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:31 PM

Get a Gunhead mod, and some Zetas for your FSR's..

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#8 p8ntballin007

p8ntballin007

WRECKER

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 618 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

Gun Itself - Like Irish said, the gunhead mod if you plan to shoot FSRs.  And Zeta Mags regardless of what you are shooting.  Also a Stock Phenom Barrel is a pretty good option, I personally use a Stock BT-4 barrel, becasue thats what I have.  Don't bother trying to put an Apex on it because it will be a pain in the ass for quick draw aiming, all of your shots will go low untill you learn to adjust.  I've shot real pistols for a while and the last thing I want to do is affect how I shoot those because of how I shoot a paintball pistol. 

As for supporting gear - I wear a tac vest (mine's DYE, whatever you want to use is up to you).  I use the FAZ Mags (highly recommended) to hold back up mags and on the back I have a 1 pod attachment that holds my 12 oz co2 tank perfectly and another 2 pod attachment for extra paint to reload mags with.  I've found that the vest helps hold everything very tightly so it doesn't bounce around much at all.  The pod holder holds the 12oz co2 tank very snuggly against you, just make sure you get one that fits the vest tightly.  I had one that used velcro and didn't snap at the end of the molle and once I started running that shit flew off my back when I turned a corner and damn near took the pistol right out of my hands. 

Normaly I go with just one pistol as my left hand is basically just for show and is completely useless for shooting.  I'm going to try dual pistols on the 26th, but the second won't be on remote line as I only plan to use it in emergencies. 

Edited by p8ntballin007, 09 October 2013 - 10:27 AM.

#9 CrowsFeast1

CrowsFeast1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:04 PM

Fazmags come HIGHLY recommended! I got a pair and love them so much. I personally run a Valken vest which has nice mesh to help keep cool. I have not hooked up my TiPX with a remote line so I can't really comment on that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users