28 replies to this topic

#1 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:17 PM

first off, what i would like to say is welcome to paintball and im very pleased that you like the sport i love anuff that you want to own your own gear. with that being said, the point of this thread is to help you spend your hard earned money better. And not buy things where you cant relay use them to there full potential yet.

first off watch mikes video >>mikes video

now this is the order of things i believe they should be bought in.

things i think you need.

................................................................................

1. Good mask, something with a thermal lens. because if you can not see you cant not play. mask video

2. loader, something that will feed as you can afford, so don't skimp on this buy the best you can. this is because if you don't have paint in the gun why pull the trigger.

3. pack and pods, something to haul pods of paint around. this is due to the fact once you shoot your hopper your out of paint, but not if you have a pack with pods. pack video

4. HPA { high pressure air} tank. this is a god send from co2. Air is all around a better gas then co2 more consistent and it wont freeze your o-rings. mikes video of CO2 vrs HPA

5. Gun. Buy your self a gun that you feel comfortable with. This will be your work horse now.

6. Pair of paintball pants. This will help protect your knees from that hard thing called earth.

7. Barrel for your gun. This will help you shoot more accurate then that stock barrel.
mikes barrel video

The rest is optional, as in you don't need it but it relay helps.

................................................................................

8. Knee and elbow pads, these help so much with bangs and bumps.

9. Gear Bag, so you can haul all that gear you have now

10. Jersey, so you look cool.

11. marker upgrades. i would recommend that you don't spend to much money on upgrades because you can save up and buy a better marker with that money

#2 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 10:28 PM

A video to help you out when you are deciding what to buy from Mike.>>>Is this a good deal

#3 rab7926

rab7926

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:39 AM

I have been playing for a year or some on and off but now I got about 10 friends playing. So with that said I am getting more into it. I got a Crossfire 68ci 4500psi tank and a Empire Magna Drive, but now I am looking to get a new gun I just need to know some things like the PMR Special Edition gun I found the Black&Red gun for like $280 but on other site I found the Camo one for like $319 is there any difference between them or is it just the colors. Also is proto coming out with new guns like i heard and if so should i just wait for the new ones to come out. I have a couple of good site for new player to get gear cheap but I dont know if i should post it so let me know if thats cool.

#4 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:34 AM

I have been playing for a year or some on and off but now I got about 10 friends playing. So with that said I am getting more into it. I got a Crossfire 68ci 4500psi tank and a Empire Magna Drive, but now I am looking to get a new gun I just need to know some things like the PMR Special Edition gun I found the Black&Red gun for like $280 but on other site I found the Camo one for like $319 is there any difference between them or is it just the colors. Also is proto coming out with new guns like i heard and if so should i just wait for the new ones to come out. I have a couple of good site for new player to get gear cheap but I dont know if i should post it so let me know if thats cool.

yea man post it and ill add the link to the main post.

From my understanding the pmr camo is just a "SE" but camo.

i don't see the price of regular or special edition pmrs dropping all that much, due to the fact the 09 pmr is a uld version i just see the uld pmr price going down. so if you whant to get a uld pmr i would wate until after the release of the 09 pmr but if you want a regular frame i would just go ahead and buy the SE pmr

#5 adidas77577

adidas77577

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 04:27 PM

I would suggest a thermal goggles because the lenses never fog up.
Save a rock, throw an Ion.
Put this in your signature if you would rather feed balls into your gun by hand instead of a vl quantum.

#6 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:19 PM

I would suggest a thermal goggles because the lenses never fog up.

fixed.

#7 jake is teh best

jake is teh best

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:24 PM

Imo you should buy the pants before a good barrel.

#8 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 06:44 PM

Imo you should buy the pants before a good barrel.

you may be right, because protecting your self is more important then being the best shot... ill change it.

#9 adidas77577

adidas77577

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 07:42 PM

You forgot the most important thing; paintballs.
Save a rock, throw an Ion.
Put this in your signature if you would rather feed balls into your gun by hand instead of a vl quantum.

#10 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 08:16 PM

You forgot the most important thing; paintballs.

well that not equipment now is it.

#11 pb4fun08

pb4fun08

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 09:51 PM

hey i got a freak jr. barrel, a 48ci 3000 tank, pod pack, pods, inertia paintballs, mask (crappy), smart parts vibe, pants, tools, hopper (crappy extreme rage overdrive), anyways is there anything that i should get? I'm willing to spend like $200-$250. thanks.

btw i'm a beginner and i buy my own stuff so please dont flame me saying that im a spoiled brat....

thanks-
pb4fun08
My sig was edited / removed because it was not within the rules. Images used in signatures are to be less then Width of 600px, and height of 160px. Only ONE image is aloud in the signature, and it must be 30k or less. Only 5 lines of text are aloud. No text larger then size 2 is aloud in the signature.

My image was over the 30k AND My text was too big I really am a muppet

#12 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:32 PM

hey i got a freak jr. barrel, a 48ci 3000 tank, pod pack, pods, inertia paintballs, mask (crappy), smart parts vibe, pants, tools, hopper (crappy extreme rage overdrive), anyways is there anything that i should get? I'm willing to spend like $200-$250. thanks.

btw i'm a beginner and i buy my own stuff so please dont flame me saying that im a spoiled brat....

thanks-
pb4fun08

new mask. and then what ever you feel you need.

i would buy a new mask and then upgrade you hopper.

#13 GOAT

GOAT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 10:45 PM

thanks-
pb4fun08

I suggest a better mask and then a hopper. I don't think you should be upgrading the tank so soon. It should be a while before you decide to drop a lot of cash on a better tank. A 48ci/3000psi tank can go along way if your not trigger happy. Save the extra cash as well for field fees.

Ah and I see you have a Smart Parts gun, that may be an upgrade as well.. but that would be later. Mask and hopper are your more important upgrades right now.

#14 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 26 September 2008 - 11:06 PM

Goat is right.. i didn't realize that the hopper you have feeds that slow. i thought it was more along the lines of a revey.

#15 Twilight

Twilight

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 12:15 PM

#3, #6, #7 is all optional, especially the paintball pants.
I have only recently bought paintball pants and I've been playing for years wearing used fatigues from an Army/Navy surplus store. Heck, even cargo pants work well. Just make sure you wear something loose-fitting and tear resistant. You could always wear a cheap set of knee pads underneath if your legs are getting banged up.

#16 LukeH

LukeH

Team Ricochet

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:39 PM

Maybe add pads to the pants section? Personally, I tore my legs to heck and back even with my thick pants.
Edit: I would change the part about the hopper aswell, dont buy something that will feed as fast as your gun, buy the hopper that will feed as fast as you can afford, that way, if you buy another gun later on, your hopper will be fast enough to keep up with your newer marker.

Think she would give me a handy for some oregano?

-Feedback-
"Stranger: wanna stick your nunchuck in my mater can?" - Omegle ftw

#17 Ant

Ant

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:41 PM

Pants are essential if you are a paintball player. It makes everything better. Sliding, diving, and just playing overall. Glad to see it was put up there.
|SDA Fan #1|XSV Fan #1|Canes Fan #1|
Lethal Ballers
War does not determine who is right-only who is left.
-Bertrand Russell

#18 BAMitsON

BAMitsON

BROKE member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 151 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 11:01 PM

there is no difference at all...just different "paint jobs"...i will sell you my lnib pmr se (red and black)....pm me
<!--coloro:#708090--><span style="color:#708090"><!--/coloro--><!--coloro:#708090--><span style="color:#708090"><!--/coloro--><div align='center'><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro--><strike>$$</strike> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><a href="http://www.techpb.co...7&#entry106707" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->BROKE TechPB Players Club<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro--> <strike>$$</strike><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><div align='center'><!--coloro:#696969--><span style="color:#696969"><!--/coloro-->.: BAMitsON :. .: ciolfi0118 :. .: ItalianGigalo :.
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

#19 IisFTW

IisFTW

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 12:10 PM

number 3 and 5 should be switched, but super nice thread!

#20 BRADfromOZ

BRADfromOZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 04:45 PM

I've just started playing paintball recently, had some friends drag me along to one of their training nights and now I'm hooked. I have been looking around at markers and am looking at buying an ETEK 2 as my first marker. How good would this be as an entry level competetion marker?
NT with CF Boomstick, Dye Rotor and Exalt Feedgate
Myth 2 Reg on Luxifer 68/4500

#21 ATLpaintballer

ATLpaintballer

shut up

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 05:38 PM

I've just started playing paintball recently, had some friends drag me along to one of their training nights and now I'm hooked. I have been looking around at markers and am looking at buying an ETEK 2 as my first marker. How good would this be as an entry level competetion marker?

Too good for a starter marker. That is a great marker, but i think a proto slg is the best for a starter.
Atlpaintballer on youtube, and eastcoastballerz on PBN.
Here I am

Collateral damage
txgraphix, dgs paintball, jacks

#22 rebel492991

rebel492991

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 747 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 07:38 PM

if you have the money to buy your self all the things you need and can still afford a eteck 2 go for it.
what type og guns do your friends have, i would sagest you buy a marker along the lines of what they have becouse if you have any problems they can help you out.

#23 BRADfromOZ

BRADfromOZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:26 PM

if you have the money to buy your self all the things you need and can still afford a eteck 2 go for it.
what type og guns do your friends have, i would sagest you buy a marker along the lines of what they have becouse if you have any problems they can help you out.

They suggest anything from PE, they really love their stuff. Off the top of my head one has an Ego 7 another an ETEK and the other guy on our team is looking at getting a second hand Ego 8. That leaves two newbies looking at markers at the moment. There are some complete marker packages from an Australian store selling ETEK's at US$833 and US$975 for an ETEK2.
NT with CF Boomstick, Dye Rotor and Exalt Feedgate
Myth 2 Reg on Luxifer 68/4500

#24 goat79

goat79

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 08:54 PM

Too good for a starter marker. That is a great marker, but i think a proto slg is the best for a starter.

How can you have too good a marker? If you can afford it buy the best you can with your hard earned money.

Unless you quit pb or play very little then it would be a waste of money cause you could of bought a cheaper marker and actual paintballs so you could play

#25 INOSKEDYOU

INOSKEDYOU

What's barrel tapping?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:44 AM

Great thread A+

I would however get Knee pads before paintball pants. It will protect you more than paints and more often than not it's also cheaper to use knee pads and old jeans or army pants.

#26 DavePB

DavePB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 02:15 PM

straight from the video lol
!!MA BALLAZ!!
Fox4 "are you ready to play"

#27 TheQ69

TheQ69

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:12 PM

bump

#28 BopIt

BopIt

#Swagg

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 06:45 PM

bump

Douche move broski.. Necro

if you lubes tank barrel and hopper you can shoot gooder

[bobalis] I will state a theory that the more attractive the person is, the less crappy their piss will taste but it'll still suck

#29 Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Rob-Juskiewicz-PB

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:18 PM

7. Barrel for your gun. This will help you shoot more accurate then that stock barrel.

not true... i appreciate you giving advice to new players and taking the time to do so...
although, try not to misinform people!
barrels have little to no affect on accuracy! a new barrel is something you absolutely don't need right away! i wouldn't even include it in the list at all, there are much more important things that you could save the money for (cough, cough.. PAINT!!) the stock barrels that are included with most all guns will do you just fine! the ONLY advantage to upgrading a barrel is if you plan to get a barrel that accepts a barrel kit that enables you to change bore sizes (freak inserts..)
Setup - MacDev Cyborg RX, White Virtue Spire, Pure Energy 68/4500

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users