22 replies to this topic

#1 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:48 PM

As we all know, paint can be VERY expensive, especially when your field asks fifty per case, and your friends with Invert minis and Halo too's only want to play air ball. Now, I love air ball, its just that I tend to waste a lot of paint. Are there any good tips on shooting at specific spots at certain times so as not to waste too much paint? I know that laning is how most games are won, but I don't feel comfortable laying down that much paint.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:54 PM

Play front. $50 a case is really cheap BTW...

#3 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 10:09 PM

I was considering front, it's just that I'm the tallest, biggest guy on my 'team'. And, really? Thanks for the reality check :) my old field used to charge only forty to forty five per case, so I was pampered with the low prices haha.
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#4 WafflesFanatic

WafflesFanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:58 AM

....My woodsball field charges 160 a case... I get a bag of 500 everytime I play woodsball and that costs me 45... 

#5 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:08 AM

....My woodsball field charges 160 a case... I get a bag of 500 everytime I play woodsball and that costs me 45... 

Do you live in Canada? If not stop playing there. That is seriously un-fucking-believable.

#6 WafflesFanatic

WafflesFanatic

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:37 PM

Ya I do. Speedball is much cheaper though. It's approx. $45-50 for "low" end paint.
And I'm not lying. Here is the evidence. http://www.ambushpai...sh/pricing.html

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,108 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:30 AM

Ya I do. Speedball is much cheaper though. It's approx. $45-50 for "low" end paint.

You need to have a talk with the field owner about why their paint is four times as expensive depending on which course you play.

#8 smurfinator22

smurfinator22

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 710 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

You need to have a talk with the field owner about why their paint is four times as expensive depending on which course you play.

that's kinda ridiculous, even the indoor speedball fields here in alberta dont charge $160 a case
but i guess thats BC tax for ya

#9 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 04:11 PM

Probably a cost issue. If they sell each player a case to play speedball and only sell one case per 4 woodsball players, they may jack up the price to cover what they're not selling. And yes, it makes more sense to sell a full case at a lower price, but if a case goes further while playing woodsball, you buy less paint and use leftovers from previous outing.

It's a dick move by the field owners and I'm betting they sell less paint this way.

#10 michael_mnm

michael_mnm

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

Play front. $50 a case is really cheap BTW...

i pat 35 at my field and 40 from my friend for dye cg but play realllllyyy far up the feild and let them waste paint on you. all you have to do is hug the bunker

PLAYING CFPS!!!!!!!!!

#11 foxx0440

foxx0440

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 02:06 PM

Here in Cancun, Mexico, fields are field paint only and a field grade (crappy) paint sells in all of them for about 80-95 usd a case.. And is all they have.. Only when you become a regular they sell you the not-that-sucky paint.. On the other hand.. If you dont have your own gear.. They lend it to you, so no rental fee and you have unlimited hp air fills.. In every single field.. No one uses co2.. Just hpa.. So thats not so bad..

#12 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:04 PM

As we all know, paint can be VERY expensive, especially when your field asks fifty per case, and your friends with Invert minis and Halo too's only want to play air ball. Now, I love air ball, its just that I tend to waste a lot of paint. Are there any good tips on shooting at specific spots at certain times so as not to waste too much paint? I know that laning is how most games are won, but I don't feel comfortable laying down that much paint.

Which field do you play at? Ambush?

Are you restricted to field paint only? Also ANS's prices on paint are 20 higher than they should be. Don't buy paint from them.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#13 FacePainter

FacePainter

Blue Drank

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,185 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

I pay $75 a case. If you wanna play the game you just have to accept the cost. Or change how you play, try out pump and shoot less than a bag per day.

#14 Scum

Scum

TechPB's Official Llama

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:27 PM

All the fields anywhere near me charge $130 or more for low end paint. If they're going to make a 100% profit or more on paint they should at least have free admission...

Are you butthurt? Rumproasted? Asscinerated? Tushie tattered? Booty bombed? Colon Crucified? Posteriorpwned?

#15 Cloakedsphere

Cloakedsphere

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 10:35 PM

Jesus I must say some of you guys seem to be over paying by quite a bit. A tournament grade case of paint at my fields are roughly 75~ USD. Unlimited air and admission is generally a total of $25. 

I personally think $50.00 a case of paint is super cheap since a case of field grade paint at all my fields sell for $55+. I always buy a case when I play because I know I tend to shoot quite a bit of paint. 

#16 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:25 PM

Jesus I must say some of you guys seem to be over paying by quite a bit. A tournament grade case of paint at my fields are roughly 75~ USD. Unlimited air and admission is generally a total of $25. 

I personally think $50.00 a case of paint is super cheap since a case of field grade paint at all my fields sell for $55+. I always buy a case when I play because I know I tend to shoot quite a bit of paint.

How are we paying too much? Canadian markets dicatate their own prices vs American prices. you have to use FPO anyways
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#17 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:47 AM

Canadian fields only charge that $150-200 a case for non BYOP days. On BYOP days they'll sell hotbox or some other very hard-shelled paint for $45-60 a case. Which is retarded so I always buy half decent paint like silver or marb before I go to the field. 

#18 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,698 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 01:26 AM

Well you need to factor in if there is membership pricing or not, if the field offers byop or not, stuff like that. I pay like $300 a year for $50 cases
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#19 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 06:36 PM

Do the run to the 50 move every game XD. You'll shoot one hopper a game and usually get 1-3 kills depending if you run fast and can shoot straight.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#20 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:00 PM

Paint is the main way fields make money. At Providence Indoor Paintball in Providence RI where I sometimes play its 65 a case plus 20 dollar admisson. The best way to save paint is to make your shots count. Don't sit there laying down on the trigger at one bunker. Also carry less paint. 5 pods is a good amount. You will get used to using less paint. Just play conservatively. Hope I help!

Hey Jack! It's on like Donkey Kong

BDUs, Cargo Pants, Or be a total badass and run through the woods in basketball shorts like me because you forgot your pants at home...

#21 ForcePlate

ForcePlate

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:02 PM

50$ a case here in quebec its 120 for members and 220 for non member at my field. 

My tips for saving paint lower your rate of fire, only play a hopper a game or two, if you have tippmann with cyclone feed put a 30-50 round tac cap on and if you can afford it try getting a cheap pump gun.

#22 r45vt

r45vt

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:20 PM

Wow... Expensive as shit in some places. I am a member so I get Evil for 44 a case vs 55 for non members. It's BYOP as well. Paintball shop down the road as even better prices on paint.

Spoiled in SoCal I guess.

Still waiting for OP to respond and figure out which field he is at and if its FPO. I can think of 5 fields near him and a few paintball shops.

My youtube channel:

https://www.youtube....QgnGna7lWBK-c3w

Watch some paint splat on people!

#23 Ezra271

Ezra271

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:37 PM

40/45 for paint is soooo good. I wish I had it that good... 

Hey Jack! It's on like Donkey Kong

BDUs, Cargo Pants, Or be a total badass and run through the woods in basketball shorts like me because you forgot your pants at home...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users