26 replies to this topic

#1 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 02:35 PM

I'm thinking on selling my nt11 for a profit, I bought it for 300 and plane to sell it for 450-500, or should I keep it? If you have other opinions on markers from 400 to 600 price range, they are welcomed too
Thanks in advance!
EDIT: don't suggest dms, I don't like them

Edited by Gameboy, 30 September 2013 - 02:44 PM.

If you are under 18 and pay for your gear put this in your sig

#2 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:46 PM

You won't sell it for much more than 400

#3 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 04:53 PM

Locally, it's easy to find things cheap and then find some rich idiots that buy it with the price you tell them, i know a guy who bought a geo 2.1 for 950 like 3 weeks ago and his brother payed 550 for a used 2012 reflex

#4 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 06:33 PM

Any one else?

#5 SynystrAssassin

SynystrAssassin

Flawless is a Habit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:39 PM

Victory. Outperforms the others by miles. Smoothest and the most efficient out of all of them.

#6 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

So there are no better options? Is it that good? And if I'm not able to find one what would you recommend?

#7 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:07 PM

So there are no better options? Is it that good? And if I'm not able to find one what would you recommend?

Of course there are better options for some people but it depends on the person. You will just have to try things out and decide what you like. Personally I dislike BLAST markers for tournament use because they require a lot of tuning to operate at their optimum but some love them. To each his/her own.

What I have realized is that performance metrics arent everything. It comes down to how well you "connect" with a marker. Maybe the smoothest or most efficient, or most reliable marker isn't the one for you.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 30 September 2013 - 08:09 PM.

#8 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:07 AM

I agree with that, that's why if I'm playing electro I use my reflex over my axe. If my etek was still functional I would probably shoot it over both.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#9 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:09 AM

I agree with that, that's why if I'm playing electro I use my reflex over my axe. If my etek was still functional I would probably shoot it over both.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#10 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

I love the geo, but I'm going to try out every marker I can and then decide, I know it doesn't matter but, what do you guys like?

Edited by Gameboy, 01 October 2013 - 05:26 AM.

#11 tcheekdye

tcheekdye

Bitch im just bustin at em

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 596 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:14 AM

I would keep the nt but that's just me. They're all great guns

giphy.gifTECH PB HEAVY METAL FAN CLUB  http://www.techpb.co...metal-fan-club/

#12 Pvlacrosse14

Pvlacrosse14

Indians Football OG #67

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,404 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:22 PM

I personally am a HUGE bob long fan. I think their markers shoot great, feel really nice in the hands, and are quality. They are made in the USA and I have to admit, the milling is unmatched
My Setup- 2k11 G6R, Virtue Spire 260, Ninja Pro V2 68/45, Empire Events, 2013 NXE Elevation

#13 BecauseImBatman

BecauseImBatman

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

I would say Geo because I am a Planet eclipse fan. That doesn't mean that I don't like Dye or Bob Long. The Geo has an OLED screen. This may not seem important to some but to me its a nice feature. Also it has the options of a micro switch or an optical switch for the trigger activation. Now I haven't owned one but I have done research on it. They are all great guns, but my personal favorite would be the Geo.

#14 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 07:15 PM

I would say Geo because I am a Planet eclipse fan. That doesn't mean that I don't like Dye or Bob Long. The Geo has an OLED screen. This may not seem important to some but to me its a nice feature. Also it has the options of a micro switch or an optical switch for the trigger activation. Now I haven't owned one but I have done research on it. They are all great guns, but my personal favorite would be the Geo.

Sooo... have you at least used one?

Geos have LCD boards BTW.

#15 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:12 PM

What's the difference between LCD and OLED?

#16 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:15 PM

OLED is usually more visible in low light and glare, and potentially uses less battery power. Ego/Geo screens are fine though.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#17 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:17 PM

OLED is usually more visible in low light and glare, and potentially uses less battery power. Ego/Geo screens are fine though.

No, its LCD screens that are easier to see in daylight.

#18 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 10:39 PM

Don't agree with you there, I find OLED is better. 

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#19 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,738 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:26 PM

Don't agree with you there, I find OLED is better. 

OLED is a black background with lighted writing. LCD on the other hand is a white (ish) background with black writing. There is MUCH more contrast on an LCD screen in direct lighting due to the fact that the OLED is washed out by the glare from sunlight. This isn't a paintball specific issue. You are free to have your opinions of course but it is fairly well established that LCD is easier to view in sunlight

#20 ahrpb

ahrpb

stay low

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 04:26 PM

I have a victory and NT, but have yet to shoot a geo.  I like the victory much better than the NT.  The victory feels better in my hands.  I like the short regulator.  Its also smoother than the NT, imo, especially with the spool.  Which is a big reason I like it so much.  I can just put the spool in one day if i feel like going that route.  Dont get me wrong the NT is a great marker.  You dont have to do as much tuning with the NT.  Just a bit more kick and louder but i do like that it is so light.  with a 45/45 and NT you hardly feel like you are carrying anything.  I wish either of my guns had a lcd/oled board so the geo has that going for it.  But honestly you couldnt go wrong with any of them.

Profit/I4
Bob Long V1/Vcom - NT10
Rotor
Ninja 68/45

#21 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

I have a victory and NT, but have yet to shoot a geo.  I like the victory much better than the NT.  The victory feels better in my hands.  I like the short regulator.  Its also smoother than the NT, imo, especially with the spool.  Which is a big reason I like it so much.  I can just put the spool in one day if i feel like going that route.  Dont get me wrong the NT is a great marker.  You dont have to do as much tuning with the NT.  Just a bit more kick and louder but i do like that it is so light.  with a 45/45 and NT you hardly feel like you are carrying anything.  I wish either of my guns had a lcd/oled board so the geo has that going for it.  But honestly you couldnt go wrong with any of them.

Are the victories known to have reliability issues like the nt? And is the bolt complicated for maintenance because I screwed up one of the air holes on the nt trying to get to the spool

#22 ahrpb

ahrpb

stay low

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 06:04 PM

I wouldn't say they have reliability issues.  Its just a maintenance thing.  If you don't take care of the Vic, specifically keeping orings lubed the victory has a lot of places it can leak, but i wouldn't say its a reliability issue just an issue of maybe not being aware of the areas that need attention.  I don't thing the poppit motor is nearly as complicated as the NT. I actually think the NT is much more complicated to maintain.  The spool engine for the vic is more complicated and can be difficult to diagnose leaks as well as fix them if you aren't experienced with them.  I had a lot of problems with mine at first.  But all things considered I would still prefer the vic even though i think i spend more time working on my vic and have less issues on the field with the NT.

Profit/I4
Bob Long V1/Vcom - NT10
Rotor
Ninja 68/45

#23 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:25 PM

Which engine do you prefer? How does the poppet engine compare the nt?

#24 ahrpb

ahrpb

stay low

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

I prefer the poppet.  Its smoother than the nt when tuned properly but if its not it can be like a jack hammer.  Its also quite a bit more efficient than either of them.  The spool to be honest isnt all the much smoother than the poppet. So I have more or less quit using it since all it seems like it does is lower my efficiency plus it seems like im always fighting a leak anyway.

Profit/I4
Bob Long V1/Vcom - NT10
Rotor
Ninja 68/45

#25 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:25 AM

Thanks, sorry for all the questions but is tuning it hard? And the programing?

#26 ahrpb

ahrpb

stay low

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 139 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:20 AM

Thanks, sorry for all the questions but is tuning it hard? And the programing?

Tuning isnt all that hard, just reading the gauges that come on the pressure tester are, so i put some new gauges on so i could set the pressures more accurately.  And ya programming is a little annoying without an oled/lcd board.  The way to do it is straight forward but i'm colorblind so it makes like the 12 different colors for programming hard to differentiate. 

Profit/I4
Bob Long V1/Vcom - NT10
Rotor
Ninja 68/45

#27 Gameboy

Gameboy

Soccer+paintball=my life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:51 AM

Thanks man