• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:18 AM

A good old friend of mine (who's been out of Paintball for a decade) finally relinquished the command of his 68 Automag Classic to me the other day. It's in very excellent condition for sitting that length of time. All O rings and such are still tight and functional. After servicing and oiling and all it fires quite well but can be only fired slowly. The regulator seems to be slow recharging. I have thoroughly checked out the reg and all it's passageways, but can't seem to find any problem.

If fired and the trigger held, then wait a second and release trigger, the air chamber seems to refill slower then it should. I have tried to google the problem but found no similar action with anyone else. I'm not sure, but think this Automag may be an earlier model of the Classic line.

I had figured maybe there was an air passage that needed moded by Air Gun Designs but I don't recall my buddy having this problem with it back when he had picked it up second hand and put it to use. There must be something I'm over looking.

When my buddy had it, it was with expansion chamber and had Micro line and fittings on it and ran on CO2. I removed those items and have it on compressed air with single braided hose from the ASA to the reg. As I said there is excellent air flow through all right from the ASA and no O rings were frozen or damaged. I've also tried two different N2 bottles and the hook up right off my large fill bottles with no improvement.

Any help would be appreciated.

"Don't hate me because I'm beautiful"

#2 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 12:20 PM

If he's been out of paintball for a decade, then it probably needs a rebuild kit.

#3 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

Yes, as soon as I can pick one up I plan to rebuild it complete. There are no air leaks and all the seals look perfectly functional, but I still want to rule that out.

#4 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,918 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

Maybe this will help answer your question, watch the whole thing, there's 9 parts.

If you want to skip ahead, I think the trouble shooting section is towards the last video or two, I think, I don't remember exactly where. But the whole video is fascinating.

#5 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Great minds think alike, I actually just watched all of these last night. But I will watch the maintenance and troubleshooting parts again more intently.  

#6 kbmichigan

kbmichigan

" Allegedly "

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 129 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:45 PM

Is your beetle valve upside down? ( brass piece )

Check the spring pack under the velocity adjustment screw ( black spring pack )

also under the velocity adjustment screw check the piston assembly for damage ( brass piece )

check the valve pin and cone spring for any damage ( stainless pin / cone spring )

Kevin

Ballin since 1989
Last tourny: nppl chicago open 98

#7 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 12 October 2013 - 06:41 PM

All components are in good order and placed properly, the seals are good but I have ordered a rebuild kit to redo the whole thing anyway. It just plain takes the count of a sec or so for the valve to recharge when firing, which is fine for sniping. lol

#8 ToolCribGuy72

ToolCribGuy72

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

Ok, well received my parts kit from ANSgear.com, replaced all O rings n such, Mag rocks and/or rolls. Thank God that was all it was. I eagerly await one or more "I Told You So's"

Time to bring this DeLorean back to the future.....yes I know,.....but I love stainless steel.

FIN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users