15 replies to this topic

#1 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:38 PM

So my cousin sold the LV1 according to email and he sent me around $300 for paintball. I already have my speedball options but I need woodsball marker choices.

Options:

Mrx (I hear for a spyder its pretty good)

MR5

A-5

project salvo

Alpha black

Bt delta

Bt 4 slice G36

And others in that price range from 100-250

___-==ThePBnewbie==-___

Edited by ThePBnewbie, 01 October 2013 - 11:42 PM.

#2 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:46 PM

So my cousin sold the LV1 according to email and he sent me around $300 for paintball. I already have my speedball options but I need woodsball marker choices.

Options:

Mrx (I hear for a spyder its pretty good) ​Sucks

MR5 ​Sucks

A-5 ​Sucks

project salvo ​Sucks

Alpha black ​Sucks

Bt delta ​Sucks

Bt 4 slice G36 ​Sucks

___-==ThePBnewbie==-___

Why do you need a "woodsball marker". They all do the same shit except woodsball is generally conceived as "tacticool'. With $300 I would but an ENMEY take out the guts, put it in a Mosin Nagant stock and add a slightly longer barrel for realism. 

#3 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,966 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:29 AM

Spend your money on a high end mask, pads and paint.

Edited by BurningPlaydoh, 02 October 2013 - 12:29 AM.

#4 TinyBear

TinyBear

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

I gona butt convention here on this site and do the unthinkable and recommend something pertaining to your question lol.

Now it is true any paintball gun can rly be used in any form of the game. BUT I can understand the desire to own something you either like the aesthetics of better or are more comfy holding/shooting.

So on that basis. I would ask you what is it exactly you want/expect from your "woodsball" gun opposed to a more "speedball" gun.

If you all ready have a semi auto electro paintball gun you use for speedball I would strongly suggest considering getting either a PUMP or MAGFED gun for woodsball. As your semi will work just fine in the woods when you need the fire power and you then have two very different guns looks wise and functionality wise. Stuff like Spyders Hammer7, Tiberius T8.1 or Tippmanns TiPX fit into your budget and offer a different type of play you may not get with a more traditional setup while all still look and feel much more like real steel.

Personally I find my go to gun for playing in the woods or scenerios is a new gen Tippmann SL-68II. I also trying Mag fed again. For everything else including when I want more fire power I lean on my more speedballish setups in my ULE Automag and DP E1
AGD 68 Automag, AGD RT ULE, Azodin KPII, Sheridan PGP 2k, Tiberius T8.1,Tippmann Pro/Carbine, Tippmann SL-68II

#5 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:46 PM

Buy a G6r and a Shocker

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#6 J3R3MY

J3R3MY

I know nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 07:28 AM

I gona butt convention here on this site and do the unthinkable and recommend something pertaining to your question lol.

Now it is true any paintball gun can rly be used in any form of the game. BUT I can understand the desire to own something you either like the aesthetics of better or are more comfy holding/shooting.

So on that basis. I would ask you what is it exactly you want/expect from your "woodsball" gun opposed to a more "speedball" gun.

If you all ready have a semi auto electro paintball gun you use for speedball I would strongly suggest considering getting either a PUMP or MAGFED gun for woodsball. As your semi will work just fine in the woods when you need the fire power and you then have two very different guns looks wise and functionality wise. Stuff like Spyders Hammer7, Tiberius T8.1 or Tippmanns TiPX fit into your budget and offer a different type of play you may not get with a more traditional setup while all still look and feel much more like real steel.

Personally I find my go to gun for playing in the woods or scenerios is a new gen Tippmann SL-68II. I also trying Mag fed again. For everything else including when I want more fire power I lean on my more speedballish setups in my ULE Automag and DP E1

I agree an i too am gonna actually answer the OP...

When looking at the options laid out in the OP, i would say go with what looks good to you, and what feels right in your hands. If it is awkward to hold you'll get sick of it real quick. And at that price range they all shoot more or less the same, and will require a better barrel to have any shot quality at all.

Whatever makes you happy and gets you to the field is most important.

#7 Simiballer

Simiballer

Professional Pillow Fort Architect

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

And at that price range they all shoot more or less the same, and will require a better barrel to have any shot quality .
Barrels have a very minimal effect on shot quality, or so I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong :)
If you're under 18 and pay for your own stuff, put this in your signature.
On a side note... Royal Highlanders rule!

#8 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

And at that price range they all shoot more or less the same, and will require a better barrel to have any shot quality .
Barrels have a very minimal effect on shot quality, or so I've heard. Correct me if I'm wrong :)

Barrel length determines how well you can tuck into a bunker and effects velocity. The longer the barrel, the more air is needed to push the paint down the barrel and maintain the desired air speed velocity of the projectile. Not a huge diffference really, but can effect efficiency and how often you smack the barrel into a bunker. Or in the case of inflatable bunkers, how much of the barrel is exposed while tucking in.

#9 Orange Chicken

Orange Chicken

TechPB's Most Annoying member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,611 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

Except you know, that the differences on efficiency are so little it's unnoticable.

OrangeChicken_zpsbeae94b0.jpg?t=13691803

#10 J3R3MY

J3R3MY

I know nothing

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

The cheep 8" barrels that come with these milsim guns are usually junk... If i'm getting a low end milsim gun, I'd spend the 35$ on a J&J Ceramic in a 12" or 14"(your choice) for anything that comes with a barrel less than 10"...

That being said i would not spend more than 35$ on a new barrel for any of these.... unless you are interested in an apex barrel.

Then again i would (at this price) get a black GoG eXTCy (new or used) and use the stock barrell... but that wasn't among the OP's choices, hence the barrel suggestion.

#11 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 12:28 PM

To the OP: Assuming you have a high quality mask, carbon fiber tank and good force feed loader. With your budget of 300.00, I would skip the "woodsball" or "milsim" marker and pick up either a used mid range or brand new GoG eXTCy or Proto Rail. Unless you're going for the whole milsim thing.

#12 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

To the OP: Assuming you have a high quality mask, carbon fiber tank and good force feed loader. With your budget of 300.00, I would skip the "woodsball" or "milsim" marker and pick up either a used mid range or brand new GoG eXTCy or Proto Rail. Unless you're going for the whole milsim thing.

Buy a legit cheap airball gun similar to those mentioned. We could go over all of the reasons for this such as value, weight, the fact that any of the guns you listed won't sell for a good case of paint resold even in perfect condition, or the fact that you really REALLY want a regulated marker.

If you want a woodsball-feel gun, get a GoG G1...nothing less or cheaper.

Do you want to go down this foolish path only to regret it later and hundreds of dollars poorer? If not, do the right thing the first time. I am sure that if you post your question enough you will get the answer that coincides with your initial reasoning and desires. That does not make it a good idea.

#13 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:13 AM

Cancel this topic I'll go with a speedball gun.

I am going to wait and save up money and see the new tippmann crossover marker. I am going to wait until world cup when all the newer markers come out.

#14 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Buy a G6r and a Shocker

I said this like 5 days ago you are welcome :)

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#15 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Buy a G6r and a Shocker

I said this like 5 days ago you are welcome :)

please enlighten me oh were i can purchase a g6r and shocker for $300

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#16 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Options:
Mrx (I hear for a spyder its pretty good) ​Sucks
MR5 ​Sucks
A-5 ​Sucks
project salvo ​Sucks
Alpha black ​Sucks
Bt delta ​Sucks
Bt 4 slice G36 ​Sucks

___-==ThePBnewbie==-___

Why do you need a "woodsball marker". They all do the same shit except woodsball is generally conceived as "tacticool'. With $300 I would but an ENMEY take out the guts, put it in a Karabiner 98 kurz body and add a slightly longer barrel for realism. 

FIFY

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users