36 replies to this topic

#1 bigx

bigx

Good? Bad? Im the guy with the gun.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

I play a mix of speedball, scenario and woodsball.

I already have a shocker which is IMO my favorite gun ever. I am going to use her for speedball.

But I was recently screwed over on a deal for my old G6r "AKA Guy told me he tore her down rebuilt her then refused to do a shooting video for me." Now I have $1000 from liquidating nearly my entire collection and only a pair of guns. This does not sit well for me I need to justify owning that massive gear bag I have.

The Dye DAM has really peaked my interest the past few months. I am really interested in getting one if the situation presents itself.

I want someone to try and convince me that it is not worth it and I should be happy with my shocker and etek. 

Another part of me wants me to wait for the off season before I buy anything. With Cup and Extravaganza on the way its not the best time to go out and drop bills on a new marker. Another part of me wants me to go buy a DM12.

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

http://www.techpb.co...1 :Feedback 17/0/

#2 CharcoalCanPaintball

CharcoalCanPaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:59 AM

Another shocker >>> DAM.
Not that the Dam is a bad gun, but I love me some shockers :D

But meh, if you want something new I would like you said wait till after cup. Theres quite a bit of new stuff coming out :L

#3 FreeEnterprise

FreeEnterprise

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Money in the bank > different paintball gun...

Use what you have, and don't buy into the "paintball upgrade" path... Learn to be content with what you already have, and let other people waste their money buying the latest and greatest every year...

#4 CharcoalCanPaintball

CharcoalCanPaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

Use what you have, and don't buy into the "paintball upgrade" path... Learn to be content with what you already have, and let other people waste their money buying the latest and greatest every year...

Sometimes you have to be the guinea pig.

#5 TheGuy

TheGuy

I like lamp

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,792 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:25 AM

Its a dye product

Feedback 7/0/0

Rest In Peace

Danijel "Borg" Jagodic

#6 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

You dont know me at all. lol I have had over 50 guns at this point. But nothing by Dye and nothing milslim lol. 

I am most likely going to wait till after cup and see whats up. Or just buy a luxe. 

"I'm the Anti-Christ. You got me in a vendetta kind of mood. You tell the angels in heaven you never seen evil so singularly personified as you did in the face of the man who killed you."

#7 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:10 AM

Get a Luxe :tup:

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#8 andrewthewookie

andrewthewookie

Shaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarks :(

• Chat Coordinator
  • 21,881 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:45 AM

Buy it, and paint faces with First Strike rounds.

RebelSignaturejedicode-1.jpg
Hybrid SFT • 09 Impulse • HB REV-i • Macroless Mech Ion
Rotor • Grillz • PE 70/45 • Feedback - 23/0/0

Fear is the mind-killer

#9 SOUP

SOUP

Uber Member

• Members
  • 7,672 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

J4 torque. That is all.

"Silence is a plus, violence is a must"-Tupac

---Indiana Baller---

#10 Exile308

Exile308

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

Because it is over a grand for that marker.     I would love to talk you out of getting one but I think  that I would wait to see what the new T15 from Tiberius arms comes out you may like it better once it is released.      The DAM is a damn expensive way to shoot first strike rounds.

#11 bassfisher

bassfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:05 PM

So you want me to talk you out of an assault matrix?

I know somebody who has one and it has spent more time in a dye techs hand then play time on the field.
Carolina Riot Scenario Team

#12 Punisher068

Punisher068

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 12:08 PM

More or less a PMR that's magfed,big whoop,heard rumors of velocity problems,big surprise there,make sure you get one with the newer bolt

Get a Hammer 7 to try FSR and use the money you saved for a year's worth of paint

At least you can buy them used for half the price of retail now,makes you wonder why

#13 madsnipes

madsnipes

CARNAGE 3!!!!!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,053 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:07 PM

As cool as the DAM is, in reality your paying over $1000 for a reflex in a body kit with the ability to shoot FSR and go magfed.

Instead of spending $1000 on a DAM, just use a pistol or hammer 7 or something to shoot FSR, and then use a speedball gun of your choice to shoot regular paintballs.

Since you already have decent speedball guns just buy something cheap and light for FSRs and holster it, or use a sling.

#14 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:59 PM

Madsnipes and Bassfisher are all over the advice on this one.  In addition I'd add that I know more than one person that had a significant problem with breaking paint in the larger breach. So not just a Reflex Rail, but a Reflex Rail that breaks more than its fair share of paint.  Jump right on that if you want.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#15 Cj R

Cj R

TechPB's Grazi

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:01 PM

DAM = Magfed Milsim Reflex minus UL frame

Feedback http://www.techpb.co...howtopic=219021 2/0/0
The best customer service is the one you don't have to call in the first place.

#16 unfated33

unfated33

Punk Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 993 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:19 PM

Oh, I forgot about the barrel breach only being mounted with a single nub and set screw.  I'm not sure if I know of any problems related to it, but it does make me nervous that one day the nub and screw would wear down and the barrel would fall off.

Happiness... is a warm mechanical marker

Mechanical Marker Fan: Azodin Kaos-D / Tippmann Crossover

#17 TK-421

TK-421

Me So Horny! :D

• 25,899 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:32 PM

Go buy whatever makes you happy. If you have the money and want a DAM, then get one.

#18 swiftblade13

swiftblade13

he that is

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 03:06 PM

J4 torque. That is all.

this

but honestly I'd think a tipx+frx kit from millsig would be more versitile (and cheaper) way to play woodsball with first strike rounds.

Edited by swiftblade13, 04 October 2013 - 03:08 PM.

#19 DasJaco

DasJaco

TIGER STYLE

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 577 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 04:03 PM

I know you've already had a TPX so I won't recommend it... Personally I'd get myself a T2 with that cash.

Lakeville Ambush #3

DLX Luxe 2.0

Dye Rotor

Ninja 77/4500

#20 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,322 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

You shouldn't buy a DAM so you can build a Geor, or better yet, a magfed shocker.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#21 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

Ok well I ended up buying a tracer at a local store today for $75 Brand new now I'm searching for a cheep Axe or maybe a Russian Legion NXT

#22 CharcoalCanPaintball

CharcoalCanPaintball

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 11:39 PM

Ok well I ended up buying a tracer at a local store today for $75 Brand new now I'm searching for a cheep Axe or maybe a Russian Legion NXT

Saw one on pbn earlier for 200$

#23 A&MBaller

A&MBaller

meow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,530 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:01 AM

You shouldn't buy a DAM so you can build a Geor, or better yet, a magfed shocker.

#24 Rotozip2

Rotozip2

BRO do you even autococker?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,432 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:16 AM

Get an autococker, why? Because its an autococker.

Edited by Rotozip2, 05 October 2013 - 12:16 AM.

I never get wipers, blood is hard to wipe off.

Do it with style ~ Total Grief

I like autocockers and autococker accessories.

#25 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 12:21 PM

I had a nexus. Don't like cockers

#26 Morgan-Crp

Morgan-Crp

#TeamAbby

• Chat Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

Don't buy a damn DAM 

#27 LegionPB

LegionPB

1st Place Verbandsliga!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:02 PM

You dont know me at all. lol I have had over 50 guns at this point. But nothing by Dye and nothing milslim lol. 

I am most likely going to wait till after cup and see whats up. Or just buy a luxe. 

Get a Luxe :tup:

^THIS THIS THIS 

If you are a shocker fan get yourself a sexy, beautiful luxe. I own two luxes and I have owned an 09 NXT. I may be biased but I'm not a huge fan of Dye products mainly because of their resale value, luckily the DAM hasn't really been hit too hard. However, it does look like Empire will be coming out with something to compete against the DAM, we shall see. Watch Mikes review on the DAM then watch all of his woods ball and Living Legends videos. He is still rocking the SP-1 (which I also own). Like I said I may be biased towards SP and DLX but for very good reasons. Regardless get whatever you want, it's your money. If you want to use your money on first strike rounds and try to play pretend sniper/military dude and switch mags all tactical and stuff thats cool too :P. To each his own! 

Kaiserslautern Legion -Captain- All American Team Ballin in Germany! (Members from the U.S. Air Force, U.S. Army, and the DoD)
Sponsored by: DXS, Oringmonkey, MAXS, HK Army
-DPL: Deutschland Paintball League & European Millenium Series-
Luxe Mob! (Reverse Poison Luxe 2.0 & Dust Black/Gloss Black 1.0 w/ ALL 2.0 Up's)
If You Haven't Already Please Like My Teams Facebook Page! http://www.facebook....tballKL?fref=ts

#28 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:09 PM

Well ya see. I bought a Vice and a Trracer. Now im going to save the rest of my cash to see if anything drops for next season. Gonna wait on it.

#29 ThePBnewbie

ThePBnewbie

Homework kills trees!!!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:23 PM

I hear the bt tm 15 is really good if you dont like it you should check out ChoicePaintballguns.com they have tons of woodsball guns and speedball to choose from.

#30 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 04:48 PM

Start saving for a DM14, I have a feeling that Dye stopped being the Apple of the paintball world this year.

See what I did there? I dissed Apple :P

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#31 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:16 PM

Start saving for a DM14, I have a feeling that Dye stopped being the Apple of the paintball world this year.

Im actually going to sit and wait. I want to see the next Geo before I do anything. Im also waiting to see if anything else comes out of DLX.

#32 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 05:22 PM

Im actually going to sit and wait. I want to see the next Geo before I do anything. Im also waiting to see if anything else comes out of DLX.

True, I've been wanting to see what they will change with the geo, I don't think DLX is gonna do anything.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

#33 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:06 PM

True, I've been wanting to see what they will change with the geo, I don't think DLX is gonna do anything.

Im also keeping an emergency fund stashed away for a Russian Legion NXT lol

#34 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 06:54 PM

Im also keeping an emergency fund stashed away for a Russian Legion NXT lol

Must be nice to have all that money for paintball. I'm probably going to get a job over the summer, but my mom said that I have to give her half of the money I make to put in my bank account, plus I'd want to buy a bass and an amp. Not to mention that google glass is gonna come out.... needless to say, I won't have much money for paintball.

#35 bigx

bigx

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,819 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:12 AM

I did sell off most of my collection to generate this fund. Quite unfortunate really.

#36 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:52 PM

You shouldn't buy a DAM but you should get a DM13 because you can use the DM13 on a speedball and woodsball field but it's very hard to use a DAM on a speedball field.

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#37 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

I liked the DAM when I used it at LL6, but it seemed to get gunked up pretty easily, though that might be just the way I play (neck deep in firefights). Its probably the best scenario marker out there right now, so if you play a lot of scenarios, go for it. Otherwise pass.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users