• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 05 October 2013 - 07:01 PM

I went out to play last week and got a case of heat. This is my first time playing in Texas, im in El Paso. In Florida I shot graffiti, redemption, redemption pro, fate, crusade, all valken paint and never had a problem. I had breaks every 30 shots or so and just said whatever the paint might not be to great. Came out today and got premium gold. I had shot it before in Florida and loved it before my field got valken paint. I had the exact same problem as I did with the heat. I have not changed any settings on my gun in the years ive had it. The guy suggested I toy with the LPR and said factory setting is 75. I turned it all the way down then slowly went up until I got it to the minimum amount of pressure that would allow me to fire efficiently. Got about a 100 or so balls in then breaks. The paint seems to shoot all over the barrel and leave the breech and first few inches alone which led us to believe that the bolts hitting the ball to hard and blowing it out the middle. But a few times I noticed paint being there as well. I tried 2 of there barrels. One was .687 and the other .689 with my barrel being a .693. Same problem all around. One thing we were thinking of was that the humidity in Florida swells the balls a bit which may be why my fat barrel worked so well down there and is poo here. But even then there barrels broke the balls as well. The pink barrel and black back in this pic is what my barrel looks like if that helps at all. http://i44.tinypic.com/f53p08.jpg

#2 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:20 AM

ever think of upping the dwell?

Lulzjustacat.png

#3 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I shall play with that later. I have 24 hour staff duty in a hour which means im sitting at a desk for 24 hours. What confused me is I have never touched the settings and its just now a problem.

#4 slinkyaroo

slinkyaroo

Yes, I'm old. Yes, I'm cranky.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:56 PM

Same barrel as before? Are they chops or breaks. Try fresh batteries in marker and hopper.

#5 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:04 AM

No shell in the barrel so breaks. Maybe you could explain the difference to me but that's what I'm getting out of it. The battery in the marker is from last weekend. I'll change the rotor though. What do you mean same barrel? I'm still using the same one if that's what your asking.
No shell in the barrel so breaks. Maybe you could explain the difference to me but that's what I'm getting out of it. The battery in the marker is from last weekend. I'll change the rotor though. What do you mean same barrel? I'm still using the same one if that's what your asking.

#6 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 12:17 AM

Since I live in the barracks my paintball stuff is not allowed to be over here with me so ill be going over to a friends house Friday and then heading out to the field Saturday. I have air and a 1000 or so balls of heat along with a 1000 or so rounds of premium gold so ill play with the dwell and change the batteries in the loader as said above. This will be my 3rd week going here and im really hoping I don't have a shitty time so is there any last minute advice anyone can put in here? Ill be using the rotor with the lucky barrel at .693. I watched mikes videos on overboring, chopping, barrel breaks and a few others to try and figure this out. Another thing I was thinking of is I have never removed the eyes or anything in there because honestly I don't trust myself to fuck with stuff I don't know to much about. Thinking that may have something to do with it? Also the paint they sell is extremely oily. The bag looks like butter melted in there but its how all there paint is so not much of a choice there. They said it doesn't matter. Gonna be low humidity in El Paso 70-90 degrees this Saturday. Anyone have any last minute advice or anything for me. Gonna be trying to fix this Friday before I go. 

#7 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:20 PM

Well I couldn't even get my PM7 to get up and running until after I got back from the field. I ended up using my PMR08 and it still broke paint. I fixed the issue I had once I got back and went to test it and the very first ball I shot blew up like a damn bomb. Someone HALP. The paint is having quite a problem feeding in my rotor but what gets me is absolutely no one else at all is having any problems with the paint. Weather it be heat or the premium I as shooting. Can someone PLEASE give me some advice or help me out. 

#8 frobocop

frobocop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:27 PM

How many turns out do u have the lpr and make sure the dwell is 18

#9 TylerG10

TylerG10

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 10:37 PM

Off the top of my head I don't know. My buddy had no internet and it had been for ever since I messed with the micro switches so I couldn't look it up online. The dwell should be at stock settings. As for the LPR im not sure exactly how many turns. I took a few hundreds rounds of paint and played with it until I got it down to the minimum amount of pressure while still shooting consistently over the chrono last weekend. I can't have my damn paintball stuff in the barracks so I can't play with the settings up here.

#10 germanpb

germanpb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 21 January 2014 - 03:59 PM

Just to be sure, have you tried using a different loader? I had a similar problem with my marker, then found out by accident that my loader was too hard on the balls and breaking them a little before they went into the breech and caused me to have a really bad day. It wasn't until I played a few rounds with a rental with no problems other than the gravity loader not feeding consistently. I then had the good idea to put my loader on there, well as soon as I started playing again the paint started breaking. Borrowed a loader off someone and the problem was gone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users