• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

I am looking into getting a camera to paintball with. Im planning on going with a barrel mount (on top) and was just looking for paintball related opinoins on the go-pro, contour roam, roam 2 and any others. Im assuming i should go with some sort of case. I would prefer to keep the budget at $200-$225. a few years ago i made a movie for my cinemetography class in a high school so i have a rough idea of editing, but is there any software specific to the different cameras? Any help would be much appreciated

pain forces us to make bad decisions... fear of pain is almost as big of a motivator

#2 fumbimo

fumbimo

TechPB's Official Unicorn

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:57 AM

there is the r7 replay made specifically for paintball but it may be out of your price range, beside that for barrel cam i would probably go with a contour for the profile. I'm a fan of tubular camera's. the contour camera's record to .mov and .mp4 files so any software that can manage those will work for editing, there is nothing specific for contour and the same with the gopro's

58pk.jpg

There are 10 types of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.

#3 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

i have looked into the r7 but i just cant seem to find a justifiable reason on spending 2-3 times more on that than the roam. The only real improvement i have been able to find is the fact that its more rugged and no case should be needed.

pain forces us to make bad decisions... fear of pain is almost as big of a motivator

#4 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:54 PM

R7 Replay 720p. Best mounts, best profile, best weight, best audio IMO. It really is perfect for paintball the way I see it.

#5 awesompants

awesompants

My pants are awesome.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 756 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:18 PM

Contour closed their doors

TechPB Feedback 2/0/0 MCB Feedback 1/0/0 PBN Feedback 1/0/0
Buy My Cocker Pump! Sexilicious Tri-Fade Dragon FST

University of Michigan, Go Wolverines

#6 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,071 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:16 PM

Also I don't like barrel cams.

Find yourself a used GoPro hero 2.

#7 Murphstyle

Murphstyle

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:28 PM

Also I don't like barrel cams.

Find yourself a used GoPro hero 2.

what dont you like about barrel cams, i know you wont get to see all the action, but you will get to see the exact line of sight to the target.

i dont like the helmet camera mount because if you mount in on the side you will lose some video if i only partially peak out from behind a bunker and im not really sold on mounting it on top of the mask.

#8 No Mercy Ever

No Mercy Ever

Sophomore Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sony makes a really good camera. Like the Contour, but smaller and with some options. Not sure about prices right now, but I have seen the one with wi-fi for $230 at Best Buy. They come with a case. From there, go to a bicycle shop and see if you can get a reflector mount for the seat post. Often, you can get one for free. Then get some rubber (Bike shop might have some blown inner tubes). Cut your inner tubes into strips, take the reflector off of the mount, wrap the barrel with inner tube strips, put on the mount and tighten. You will need a short 1/4" x 20 bolt to mount the camera to the mount.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users