• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 christopher1

christopher1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:53 AM

I have a tippmann 98 with a barrel my friend gave me.  Its a JT 3 piece barrell.  The first and longest piece is just a spyder barrel which attaches to an adapter which then is attached to a tippmann threaded back.  The barrel itself really isnt that good,  but it was free.  Also,  when you just use the tippmann back and adapter it makes a nice 4" snub nose that actually shoots accurately.  I want a 14" ceramic barrel for the gun,  but should i just get a tippmann 14" barrel or a spyder barrel to put on the adapter?  Will the adapter mess with the performance of the barrel?  Sorry if this is confusing,  its pretty hard to explain.

#2 SplatSplatOrange

SplatSplatOrange

Sophomore Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 12:22 PM

dont waste money on a barrel. go use that to play or save it to upgrade your setup 

remember this order

1) Mask

2) Tank

3) Pads

4) Gun 

5) assorted gear

6) barrels

<p>G6R Red/black Ninja slp 45/45 Grillz Spire
Member of Chi-Town-Rampage

#3 tallsmallboy44

tallsmallboy44

Space Cowboy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,300 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 07:43 PM

A new barrel will not increase or change the accuracy of your marker.

fuck yolo
#carpediem

Feedback 2/0/0   Buy my shit here: http://www.techpb.co...-bob-long-vcom/

#4 christopher1

christopher1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 09:29 PM

I have everything i need to play already,  thats why im looking to upgrade on the barrel.

#5 Cookybiscuit

Cookybiscuit

Schadenfreude Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,627 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:01 PM

You can't upgrade the barrel on a Tippmann. The only things a barrel effects is efficiency/shot count (having a tighter bore means the pain seals better in the barrel, so less of the air is wasted going around the ball), this won't work on your gun due to the way it handles pressure. On a normal gun, you can make it more or less accurate by regulating the amount of air it uses per cycle (a better barrel raising FPS due to less wasted air, meaning you can lower the pressure and get the same FPS as before), with a Tippmann, its just a screw that restricts airflow, screwing it in blocks more air, screwing it out opens it up to allow the air to pass easier. 

Unless you are buying an Apex barrel, or are buying for aesthetics, there is literally no benefit what so ever for buying another barrel for a Tippmann, as others have said accuracy and range are not affected. Also as before, a good mask is by far and away the most important part of your setup, buy that way before upgrading anything else, assuming yours isn't good already.

Awarded: " the biggest dumbass on this forum" 2012

#6 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 11:04 PM

I have everything i need to play already,  thats why im looking to upgrade on the barrel.

What is your FULL setup. Don't upgrade something just because you can.

#7 The Recballer

The Recballer

South Florida Shockers

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,068 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:27 PM

Lol I have the exact same barrel for my 98c. It's called the JT raptor, I believe. It's actually a pretty nice barrel, just use it.

Chelsea Football Club - St.Louis Rams - Tampa Bay Rays - Florida Panthers - Miami Heat

Tampa Bay Damage - Los Angeles Ironmen

South Florida Shockers #16

#8 christopher1

christopher1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:27 PM

I have a jt flex 8 mask,  an empire 68ci 4500 tank that i actually got from a garage sale for 20 bucks which was AWESOME,  i just got it hydrotested and its back in action. My tippmann has a response trigger,  double trigger, and drop forward with a lame stock that i probably will take off.    

#9 kingJurzy

kingJurzy

OFFICIAL TechPB's best member 2012

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,064 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:32 PM

The double trigger is useless on your 98. I strongly suggest a new marker. I just recommend sticking with the barrel you already have.

#10 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I have a jt flex 8 mask,  an empire 68ci 4500 tank that i actually got from a garage sale for 20 bucks which was AWESOME,  i just got it hydrotested and its back in action. My tippmann has a response trigger,  double trigger, and drop forward with a lame stock that i probably will take off.    

Force fed loader (I suggest a used Halo), knee pads, elbow pads in that order.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users