• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Kov17

Kov17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:56 AM

So like so many I will be camping at LLVI, I've never been to LL before and a Hotel/Motel is out of the question. My question is how does camping work when it comes to gear/paint? Is the camping section outside of cpx or inside park boundries? Can I store my paint in my car so it doesn't get stolen? I'm going to preregister so buying paint by the day isn't gonna happen. If there is anything else I need to know about camping please enlighten me thx.

#2 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

When you pre-register for paint, you get tickets the size of a business card for each case of paint you bought, and you hand them the ticket at the paint trailer and they give you your paint. You don't have to take it all at once, so just hold onto your tickets and get paint as you need it. LL6 was my first, and I chose to stay in a hotel. It's obviously more expensive, but a shower and air conditioning were nice. As far as where the camping was, here was a map from LL6 to show the campgrounds and parking, along with some other things.

Campland-Banner-Web.jpg

I believe the camping spots were first come first served, and the rules are in the white box at the bottom right of the image. I don't see any reason why you can't put your paint in your car, but like I said, you can take paint from the trailer as you need it. Hope this helps. :)

#3 Kov17

Kov17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:51 AM

Thanks this helps alot. Just very paranoid about thieves. I'm sure alot of people are, I've had many things grow legs and walk off if you get what I'm saying.

#4 PREDATOR 47

PREDATOR 47

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,027 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:56 AM

I totally understand where you are coming from. The environment here is very friendly, and I kept my stuff laying around all day in a locked box, and nothing happened to it. If you keep it in a locked container, or put it in your locked car at the end of the day, you should be alright.

#5 TechPB-Willie

TechPB-Willie

The man behind the scene.

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,710 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:00 PM

I will say there hasn't seem to be many issues with theft at Living Legends in the past years. But with anything it can change as the group and crowd gets larger every year.

I think one the deterrents is that CPX has a few off duty cops walking the grounds. You can them through out the day. Just the fact of them walking away I am sure will help deter any questionable activities with the customers personal items.

Always best to be safe then sorry. You can stage with the TechPB group and then at the end of the day as Predator 47 place your box in the car.

#6 Kov17

Kov17

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:49 PM

Sounds good, I'll try to find Techpb people and camp near there. I've also been thinking about camping it out in my truck, It's a roomy SUV may be better then a tent if thats possible. If not a $30 two man tent will do. 

#7 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 03:02 PM

There are plenty of awesome groups you can hang with who I am sure we'll be finr you storing with them. Just bring only what you need with you out of your car and grab your paint by the case.

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#8 Wat

Wat

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:42 PM

Two things I learned from camping at legends last year was. One, Make sure your tent can withstand the torrential downpoor of rain that was Friday night. and Two, Not to set up at the edge of the woods. Also bringing a pop up shade thing will help a bunch.

#9 leroyjenkems

leroyjenkems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 03:26 PM

I am also going to be camping at legends this year but will not be driving I will be flying.  How would I go about finding the tech pb camping area when I got there?

#10 Irish725

Irish725

Master Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,911 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 07:29 PM

I'm sure there'll be more information closer to the event, but keep an eye open for people camping and just hit them up and find out how to meet up and set up with them, I bet you'll find someone! 

IrishBanner2_zps537819c4.png

Veteran of Living Legends V and VI...looking forward to LL VII! 

#11 leroyjenkems

leroyjenkems

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Awesome I am super excited this should be a blast.

#12 Spider200081

Spider200081

Member-608 Spartans Dubuque, IA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,892 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:27 AM

For LL4 and 5 there was a big group of us that camped together. It's not hard, just find out who all from techpb is camping and who is getting there first. the people getting there first kinda stake out an area and everyone else catch up. It isnt' fool proof since if other people really wanna be dicks they can simply say too bad but mostly people are alright and you can get a decent sized area.

#13 TechPB-Mike

TechPB-Mike

TechPB to the FRONT!!!

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,496 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 03:47 PM

I hate campers.....

LastManCamper.jpg

#14 PenguinnAK47

PenguinnAK47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 02:57 PM

Does anyone know if they will have camping Thursday as well? Would like to get there early and set up HQ, maybe play some bags or some good ole fashioned croquet. While we wait for one of the best weekends of the year!

#15 Living Legends Fan

Living Legends Fan

The Scenario Paintball King!

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

I think they camping opens Thursday afternoon but don't quote me on it... :unsure:

Discovered LL3... Mastered LL4... Conquered LL5... Achieve Greatness at LL6... Prevailed at LL7...

What Does LL8 Have in Store?

#16 PenguinnAK47

PenguinnAK47

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 05:40 PM

Okay, well anyone feel free to come by and play. Will be the tent with cGm on it. (Cows go moo)

#17 Sean Scott

Sean Scott

Director of Awesomeness for Living Legends

• Professional Player
  • PipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 March 2014 - 09:41 AM

Camping opens Thursday. 

Sean Scott

smart.corps.sean@gmail.com

www.livinglegendsofpaintball.com
www.cpxsports.com

#18 Mandoade

Mandoade

Woods for life

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 529 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 11:47 PM

I know in the past years there was like a map of were people could camp/bring RVs is there one for this year?  Since the field is getting expanded and that may push the vendors out further.

Founding member of Brew City Bomb Squad!

DM9 Sale!

CPX Legion member

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users