• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 trijohn

trijohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:28 PM

I would be open to new or used. But the lower price the better, as I would like to save that money for barrel upgrades and a good 4500 HPA tank. I have a JT Proflex on the way so that's taken care of. 

Some guns I'm thinking about right now:

Proto Rail 11/ Matrix

Azodin Blitz Evo

Gog Extcy

Dangerous Power G4

#2 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:41 PM

An Extcy or an axe. These are also my 2 electros
gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#3 trijohn

trijohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:59 PM

Ok. The Extcy new is $249.95

I'm also looking at a used Proto PM 8 for about $90

-a used Dangerous Power G4 with Techt L7 bolt for $231.85

-another used G4 for $134.50

-a new Proto SLG for $182.84

-a used Proto Matrix Rail 07 for $160

Is the Extcy still the best choice here? 

#4 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

Lulzjustbeingacat :D

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 01:48 AM

Ok. The Extcy new is $249.95

I'm also looking at a used Proto PM 8 for about $90

-a used Dangerous Power G4 with Techt L7 bolt for $231.85

-another used G4 for $134.50

-a new Proto SLG for $182.84

-a used Proto Matrix Rail 07 for $160

Is the Extcy still the best choice here? 

STAY AWAY FROM THE SLG! SLGs are known to be very very very chancy. if you got an SLG that worked, then right.if you got a lemon you might as well buy a new marker because it will take forever to fix the problem. people have sent their SLGs in for repairs and have had them come back with the same or a different problem. PM8s dont go fo 90 so that PM8 is most likely broken in a big way or another. g5 isnt exactly the best of the pack however since you can get one for $134 thats a very good price, then you can use the left over money on whatever else you think you might need to get like pants or pads or whatever. However i highly suggest that you get a quality mask with thermal lenses FIRST before buying a paintball marker. 2nd I'd get an air tank even if its just an aluminium tank, as electronic markers like the ones listed do not work with C02 unless you want to ruin your marker.

Lulzjustacat.png

#5 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

"I'm also looking at a used Proto PM 8 for about $90"

If the condition is decent, buy this one! Otherwise, I'd go with the new XTC from your listed choices

#6 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:40 PM

"I'm also looking at a used Proto PM 8 for about $90"

If the condition is decent, buy this one! Otherwise, I'd go with the new XTC from your listed choices

PM 8s are still going for about 300 or a little under. no way anyone who has a pm8 will sell it for 90 unless its really broken or a scam or unless the seller is an idiot but i doubt they wouldn't do some research to see the value of their marker

Lulzjustacat.png

#7 trijohn

trijohn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:39 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. I found some Empire Minis that are in my price range, so if there are no objections, I think I'm going to go with the Mini. 

#8 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:53 PM

Make sure that a Mini feels okay in your hands. It is a good value for the money, but small for my taste.

#9 P.A.N

P.A.N

Techpb to the front!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:54 PM

if you have 325 for a mini, go for a used axe

#10 get.lit.up!

get.lit.up!

200lb of unpredictable coming to hunt ya ;)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,703 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:48 AM

I still stand by used eXTCy or axe

gnUDL.png
See my about me for useful things like feedback!

#11 III Kezia III

III Kezia III

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:52 AM

Thanks for the help everyone. I found some Empire Minis that are in my price range, so if there are no objections, I think I'm going to go with the Mini. 

if you save another 50 dollars or even 40 you can get an axe. it might be beat up a little but its a better marker over all than the mini. you could also get a drone dx for 300 flat or 320

Lulzjustacat.png

#12 Brigo11

Brigo11

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2013 - 04:39 PM

I personally have a bit of experience with all of these markers, so I will tell you my opinions!

Proto Rail 11/ Matrix
The Proto Rail is an absolutely killer budget baller gun. It's got great ergonmics (IMO) for the price. It shoots pretty smooth, but the efficieny is not too great. If that really isn't an issue, I would definetely look into this. The trigger isn't amazing for semi auto, but you can easily change it out. Maintenance on this gun is a bit more difficult than some of the other guns you listed, but it's still pretty straight forward.
My overall rating of it is 8/10

Azodin Blitz Evo
I don't really like the Azodin Blitz EVO, it's very loud, kicky, and I've had some quality issues with the gun. It's not a terrible gun, but I think you could do much better for spending a bit more money. The gun isn't amazingly efficient, but it's still pretty good (IMO). The trigger isn't bad, it's better than the Rail trigger. The board in the gun is really old, and there is almost nothing you can do with it without having to send it in to Azodin. Maintenance is pretty easy though which is a plus. My overall rating of it is 6/10

Gog Extcy
The Extcy is actually a really solid gun. It's pretty tough in my opinion and has a nice weight to it. It's pretty smooth, and just a pretty nice marker. The Extcy looks really simple but performs great. The efficiency is alright on the gun; it could be better but it could be worse. The trigger on the Extcy isn't too bad, but I'm not sure why, but I just don't like how it feels. My friend however loves it. I guess it's really just what you personally like. Maintenance probably isn't too difficult, however I don't own the gun and can't say (my friend let me play with it).
My overall rating is 8/10

Dangerous Power G4
I would just stay away from Dangerous Power guns. They are known for quality issues and can have bolt stick and leaks. I shot one and thought it was alright, smooth but not the best I've seen in that price range. The trigger on it is not fantastic IMO. Efficiency is okay from what I've heard, but I haven't been able to test that. I would choose something other than the G4.
My overall rating is 5/10

If you really had to choose out of all those guns, I would go with either the Proto Rail or the GOG Extcy. Bothe markers are great, and will suit your needs perfectly. If you have a bit more cash, the Invert Mini is also a gun you should look into if the ergos aren't really a problem for you. The mini as pretty smooth shooter while still having decent efficiency. The gun is great for 350 bucks (if I'm not mistaken). Hopefully you pick a gun that suits you!

Sounds like he is in Canadoo, the land of maple syrup and the majestic moose...

#13 RadioactiveRampagePB

RadioactiveRampagePB

D5/D4 Player for Pekin Prestige

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 09:14 AM

Either get a new Empire Mini or a used Empire Axe.  You can find used Empire Axe's all over the internet

Check out Battlefield 217 Paintball and ANSgear!

https://www.facebook...eld217Paintball

www.ansgear.com

#14 spoolienerd

spoolienerd

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 07:56 PM

You can get a used axe for around $200-300 on ebay. Sometimes they come with goodies too.(loader, tanks, barrel kits, ect.)

#15 Zephyr-_z

Zephyr-_z

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

Axe or an Etha are good options. Both shoot decent

Zephyr-_Z.png

#16 Lt. Blood

Lt. Blood

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 09:51 PM

Never get a slg it is a piece of garbage (have owned one worst marker I have ever owned). Buy an axe; with 100 dollars put into it after purchase it's the same thing as a luxe or any other high end marker. So I would advise you to splurge a bit more on an Axe if you only buy new; if not a used axe would be your best bet for under 300.

80% of teens listen to Hip-Hop, if you're part of the 20% that hates that shit , put this in your sig!Go ahead and throw your ions. I'll just catch them and throw em' back, except harder You may live in a 500,000 dollar house but i live in a 2 dollar box under a 6,000,000 dollar bridgeSave a rock,throw a tippmann its ok you won't be able to hurt it.put this on ur sig if u feel a need to call paintcheck........even if all you can see is orange! If you live in Panama, hit me up.

#17 Talucci

Talucci

Canadian Baller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 02:34 PM

I personally have a bit of experience with all of these markers, so I will tell you my opinions!

Proto Rail 11/ Matrix
The Proto Rail is an absolutely killer budget baller gun. It's got great ergonmics (IMO) for the price. It shoots pretty smooth, but the efficieny is not too great. If that really isn't an issue, I would definetely look into this. The trigger isn't amazing for semi auto, but you can easily change it out. Maintenance on this gun is a bit more difficult than some of the other guns you listed, but it's still pretty straight forward.
My overall rating of it is 8/10

Azodin Blitz Evo
I don't really like the Azodin Blitz EVO, it's very loud, kicky, and I've had some quality issues with the gun. It's not a terrible gun, but I think you could do much better for spending a bit more money. The gun isn't amazingly efficient, but it's still pretty good (IMO). The trigger isn't bad, it's better than the Rail trigger. The board in the gun is really old, and there is almost nothing you can do with it without having to send it in to Azodin. Maintenance is pretty easy though which is a plus. My overall rating of it is 6/10

Gog Extcy
The Extcy is actually a really solid gun. It's pretty tough in my opinion and has a nice weight to it. It's pretty smooth, and just a pretty nice marker. The Extcy looks really simple but performs great. The efficiency is alright on the gun; it could be better but it could be worse. The trigger on the Extcy isn't too bad, but I'm not sure why, but I just don't like how it feels. My friend however loves it. I guess it's really just what you personally like. Maintenance probably isn't too difficult, however I don't own the gun and can't say (my friend let me play with it).
My overall rating is 8/10

Dangerous Power G4
I would just stay away from Dangerous Power guns. They are known for quality issues and can have bolt stick and leaks. I shot one and thought it was alright, smooth but not the best I've seen in that price range. The trigger on it is not fantastic IMO. Efficiency is okay from what I've heard, but I haven't been able to test that. I would choose something other than the G4.
My overall rating is 5/10

If you really had to choose out of all those guns, I would go with either the Proto Rail or the GOG Extcy. Bothe markers are great, and will suit your needs perfectly. If you have a bit more cash, the Invert Mini is also a gun you should look into if the ergos aren't really a problem for you. The mini as pretty smooth shooter while still having decent efficiency. The gun is great for 350 bucks (if I'm not mistaken). Hopefully you pick a gun that suits you!

What do you mean "they" as in DP is known for quality issues and leaks? They are low-mid range markers that shoot paintballs at 300fps. If you ever have an issues with any of DP's guns just pick up the phone and you will get help from them. Also, the trigger I actually like, its a huge upgrade from the G3 and it feels good for semi. I know you didn't mean to but it almost sounds like you're writing off Dangerous Power as the old Smart Parts lol...

To the OP: If you're serious about going used I would definitely go Axe. Beats the Mini and if you ever decide to sell or trade it, the Axe is more attractable than a Mini. 

Good luck on your new marker

#18 BurningPlaydoh

BurningPlaydoh

Blow-dough'ed

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,115 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 03:17 PM

Never get a slg it is a piece of garbage (have owned one worst marker I have ever owned). Buy an axe; with 100 dollars put into it after purchase it's the same thing as a luxe or any other high end marker. So I would advise you to splurge a bit more on an Axe if you only buy new; if not a used axe would be your best bet for under 300.

It isn't the same thing as a Luxe or any other marker. Its an Axe with aftermarket parts. Not that its a BAD thing by any means but it putting a new bolt and barrel on an Axe just makes it smoother and quieter amd the barrel longer. Doesnt change the fundamental qualities or the ergonomics of it if someone doesn't like those.

#19 Sydarm

Sydarm

XTC + Ninja + Pinokio

• TechPB Players Club
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:49 PM

OP has not logged in since October 16th.

idiots-y-u-no-let-thread-die.jpg

#20 Wolfe

Wolfe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:57 AM

OP has not logged in since October 16th.

idiots-y-u-no-let-thread-die.jpg

Old threads don't die. They lay dormant, waiting for the right newbie to come along and incure their wrath.

Edited by Wolfe, 04 December 2013 - 11:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users